Desperate Times - Page 6

Desperate Times

This is a discussion on Desperate Times within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I'll tell you when it's time to panic. No, really, I will... Like when Optimus Prime hasn't shown up on time ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Desperate Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'll tell you when it's time to panic. No, really, I will...
    Like when Optimus Prime hasn't shown up on time yet again?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerboy357 View Post
    what the worst thing is people expect me to care about my health enough to be able to tolerate having to spend time alone and do my job alone from home, and not be exposed to something like covid-19. my boyfriend lives with me but he will not use this time to blow off our jobs and just have fun in the bed, its like because he is 24 and i'm 48 we are supposed to not act the way a 17 year old gay boy does and we are supposed to think with the big head and not the little head all the time. what teenager does that so why should we?
    being successful at a job for no one at all is not constant fun and pleasure. being a former cop who was shot and forced into another career, instead of the government giving me free money the rest of my life i should not have to work at all.
    A word of advice that wasn't asked for....

Nobody cares about your sex life so kindly stop seeking acceptance of it. Just enjoy those who are in your life, be glad you have someone in your life, and move on.

As for the rest of your post:
    I can relate. Some people look to others for their safety. Others look to themselves. The folks who are independent while being responsible enough to take reasonable and logical precautions to not get infected or to spread anything will always get grief from those who are just too scared to accept the risks and get on with life.

That is the way it always has been, the way it is, and the way it always will be. So if you happen to be of an independent nature.... be responsible, take precautions concerning catching and spreading the virus, live your life and deal with the crap you will get from others. Including loved ones. But man up and stop complaining about it.

Ok... in the spirit of fairness I stand ready to hear your unasked for advice for me.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

i don't have to comment on the other activity. However what the governor of illinois and other states is doing is unconstitutional, restricting what we can do when we want to mainly for political gain over a virus. it is only a respiratory virus, and my boyfriend and myself having asthma and allergies we would be at high risk of complications that likely will only be disabling and not fatal which would make it possible to not have to go to a job and have more time for fun things, like going to the range, trips, whatever instead of doing my job for no one at all. no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

...no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?
    You are an adult. Society expects more of you.
    I wonder, in your case, if society’s expectations have been misplaced. You smell trollish to me...
    “We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school.”
    – Thucydides

no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?
    Because we're adults?

Take pride in doing the right thing, and encourage others to do the same by recognizing them when they do the right thing.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I don't see this ending well.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sister and OD* like this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Not desperate times at all. And if it were the Apocalypse, I'd carry things more effective that what I saw in the first post.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    "Laws are nothing more than guidelines for honest citizens to follow. Criminals care nothing for laws or their consequences, or the Police or Courts. Getting caught is nothing more to them than a minor inconvenience".--Me

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    i don't have to comment on the other activity. However what the governor of illinois and other states is doing is unconstitutional, restricting what we can do when we want to mainly for political gain over a virus. it is only a respiratory virus, and my boyfriend and myself having asthma and allergies we would be at high risk of complications that likely will only be disabling and not fatal which would make it possible to not have to go to a job and have more time for fun things, like going to the range, trips, whatever instead of doing my job for no one at all. no teenager cares about health risks over pleasurable activities of any kind so why should we?
    Take your games elsewhere.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Take your games elsewhere.
    Whaaat???? No Maggie?
    OD* and Chaplain Scott like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ok.... I gotta ask. What's a Maggie?
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Ok.... I gotta ask. What's a Maggie?

You know when somebody comes up behind you and grabs the top of your panties and pulls them up in your crack, that’s a Maggie
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    You know when somebody comes up behind you and grabs the top of your panties and pulls them up in your crack, that’s a Maggie
    Hate when that happens...
    OD*, Sister and bmcgilvray like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Whaaat???? No Maggie?
    Just for you, Mike.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I thought that was a wedgie? Glad to say I never experienced it. Actually (cue keyboard commando mode) anyone who might have wanted to give me a wedgie should be glad I never experienced it.
    Arejay and 1gunsnowbird like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links