CCW Renewal During Crisis:

CCW Renewal During Crisis:

This is a discussion on CCW Renewal During Crisis: within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CCW expires end of March. I stopped in the first week of March to pay my fee to the crown and submit paperwork. I ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: CCW Renewal During Crisis:

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,277

    CCW Renewal During Crisis:

    My CCW expires end of March. I stopped in the first week of March to pay my fee to the crown and submit paperwork. I was told renewals we’re taking the full 45 days; China Crud hit hard in between and I figured this would get dicey. I carry always, and was not planning on changing my habits over paperwork delays. Just got the call, I won’t have to, done in 20 days.

    I guess it doesn’t hurt that my neighbor growing up is the Clerk of Courts. He thanks me for carrying and training ever time we see each other. He was in HS when I was elementary age, was paralyzed after taking a bad hit his senior year playing QB. To this day remember my parents and the other neighbors taking food to his family, checking in on their needs, and how devastated we all were. Same thing happened to my QB and classmate our Sophomore year; his injury/paralysis, thankfully was not permanent.

    CCW Renewal During Crisis:-713c278c-1283-4626-b672-b5dfe896f9a9.jpeg
    Appalachian Concealment


    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

  2. #2
    Distinguished Member
    Array Wavygravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,749
    That's a good reminder -- check your CCP or CCW or whatever it's called in your state, and think about getting it renewed early if expiration is coming within the next few months.
    sparkyfender and matthew03 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    33,344
    Queen Nikki, our illustrious ruler of the Dept of AG and CS has ordained no more licenses during this earth-ending crisis. Florida Carry organization--the one some here love to hate because it supports legal open carry while fishing--is all over it.
    sparkyfender and matthew03 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3,057
    I just read Ohio is extending license for 90 day’s .
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,756
    I am not sure how it is in VA but in New Hampshire I am pretty sure you used to be able to legally carry if you were waiting for your renewal. The state no longer requires one now. I still have it in case I travel to states that honor permit holders from NH.

  7. #6
    VIP Member
    Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    3,028
    Personally, I don't think people should wait until the next election to express their "opinions" of these idiot politicians who sought to disarm them during a national emergency.

    If one in your state or county has done this, do you have a recall procedure? If so, get one started right now. If not, make sure every eligible voter remembers what they did when they're next up for reelection. Print flyers, make web pages, go door to door if necessary.
    matthew03 likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  8. #7
    Member Array sparkyfender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Queen Nikki, our illustrious ruler of the Dept of AG and CS has ordained no more licenses during this earth-ending crisis. Florida Carry organization--the one some here love to hate because it supports legal open carry while fishing--is all over it.
    That angers me, and I have never even lived in Florida.
    matthew03 likes this.

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,448
    Looks like everything is running in Texas as it was before the crisis.
    No shut down of LTC applications and wait times normal

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    33,344
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Looks like everything is running in Texas as it was before the crisis.
    No shut down of LTC applications and wait times normal
    Until not.
    matthew03 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Until not.
    You really are just a big ray of sunshine-thanks.
    OldVet and matthew03 like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    5,506
    In MI, you can apply for renewal 6 months before your expiration date (birthday). I waited one week past 6 months. I got my new card in two days. I had to keep the new license in the safe for 5 months and 3 weeks until it was valid.

    In MI, if you apply for renewal during the allowed time, and your license expires before the new one arrives, the old card and your receipt for renewal are legal.
    airslot and matthew03 like this.
    Psalm 144:1

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    33,344
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    You really are just a big ray of sunshine-thanks.
    It's my job. I like to do my best.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    33,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    In MI, you can apply for renewal 6 months before your expiration date (birthday). I waited one week past 6 months. I got my new card in two days. I had to keep the new license in the safe for 5 months and 3 weeks until it was valid.

    In MI, if you apply for renewal during the allowed time, and your license expires before the new one arrives, the old card and your receipt for renewal are legal.
    In FL, the renewal expiration date is plus all remaining time of prior card.
    matthew03 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    I am not sure how it is in VA but in New Hampshire I am pretty sure you used to be able to legally carry if you were waiting for your renewal. The state no longer requires one now. I still have it in case I travel to states that honor permit holders from NH.
    I'll have to look, there may be a grace period.
    Glock2201 likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment


    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,277
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Personally, I don't think people should wait until the next election to express their "opinions" of these idiot politicians who sought to disarm them during a national emergency.

    If one in your state or county has done this, do you have a recall procedure? If so, get one started right now. If not, make sure every eligible voter remembers what they did when they're next up for reelection. Print flyers, make web pages, go door to door if necessary.
    They changed the rules on a recall shortly after taking office I believe.

    I often take threads all over the place on this forum, so I don't mind. I'm trying to figure out if you are replying to me, or someone else here. Not because I would be offended, I wanted to answer you and am not sure. lol
    SpringerXD likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment


    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •