Traveling This Summer- Need a Airline-Safe Case/Safe - Page 3

Traveling This Summer- Need a Airline-Safe Case/Safe

This is a discussion on Traveling This Summer- Need a Airline-Safe Case/Safe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by McPatrickClan Could you give me an example of a Level II retention holster? Is that like the Serpa holsters? us The Serpa ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Traveling This Summer- Need a Airline-Safe Case/Safe

Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    Could you give me an example of a Level II retention holster? Is that like the Serpa holsters?
    us

The Serpa would work, but it is pretty easy for a kid to figure out. I'm thinking more of a duty-style holster that requires a specific type of drawing motion (usually a twist while pulling up, or possibly a slightly "backward" motion -- each manufacturer has something slightly different).

Here is a selection of duty-style holsters -- Police Equipment - Public Safety Equipment - Police Uniforms : Galls --I see that Serpa is now making a level III holster. (Level III requires has three separate retention devices -- level II has two devices, etc.) I haven't tried the Serpa holsters, but a lot of guys like them.

Looks like the others have answered your other questions.

CPL
    Last edited by C Paul Lincoln; July 22nd, 2008 at 02:31 AM. Reason: explanation of Level III

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    I have a COM box. It works well for light duty stuff, i.e. in the car storage.

For heavy duty travel, nothing beats the SKB gun case I have. It even had a de-pressurizing valve on the outside for when you land. You can drop this from the roof of a building & your weapons wouldn't even know it. It is airline approved, lockable, has removable foam.

Mine is similar to this one. Skb Pistol Case, Shooting Supplies, Skb at Sportsman's Guide
    Do you put that case in your checked baggage or does it travel as its own bag?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links