Federal to limit civilian ammo sales of HST 50rd boxes

This is a discussion on Federal to limit civilian ammo sales of HST 50rd boxes within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just saw the news that Federal will stop selling the 50rd boxes of HST to civilians. Apparently itís been this way since the beginning, at ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Federal to limit civilian ammo sales of HST 50rd boxes

Just saw the news that Federal will stop selling the 50rd boxes of HST to civilians. Apparently itís been this way since the beginning, at least as their policy on paper, but the HST has always been available in the 50rd boxes, and at a GREAT price. I have carried the 147gr HST for years, and with it typically available for $0.38-0.40 cents per round, it was a price that you wouldnít feel bad shooting a couple hundred rounds every now and again to ensure function, or to stockpile a bit as backup.

Now they are cracking down and tracking their ammo sales, and only the 20rd boxes will be available to civilians, which is nonsense, because now it will cost twice as much for no reason.

Looks like Iím going back to Speer Gold Dot, since they will sell to civilians at a reasonable price in 50rd boxes and it is every bit as good.
    CG11, OldChap, ugh762x39 and 7 others like this.

I doubt it's for no reason. Probably they're having trouble keeping up with contract purchases.
    OldChap, ugh762x39, OD* and 6 others like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

VIP Member
    Maybe it's just me, but seems like there are better ways to deal with customers than strangle them by their money belts. Maybe they could ramp up production to meet the demand??
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Just saw the news that Federal will stop selling the 50rd boxes of HST to civilians.
    May I ask what/whom was the news source???????? The other thing I take exception with is the Civilian terminology as opposed to Citizen.

Glad I bought a case last year!
    OldChap and ugh762x39 like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

You know, all that might be a reflection on a fact I had forgotten. The military just approved the use of JHP ammunition in their 9mm handguns. All else aside, they might have chosen HSTs - which would be my choice. That might account for the changes?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    May I ask what/whom was the news source???????? The other thing I take exception with is the Civilian terminology as opposed to Citizen.
    Some of the websites that sell HST explain it, as well as other accounts on social media saying they emailed Federal and that was the explanation given.

I donít like it anytime a company wonít sell things to the public. If itís good enough for our military and la enforcement, we should have access as well, especially something as benign as ammo thatís just packaged in a more economical way.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    Sounds like I may have bought my last Federal ammo. Too bad they make good stuff but I refuse to be reamed w/o lube in the pocket book.
    Joe

Well that was stupid of them
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

So what is the deal on this ? I am looking at my usally place to get 50 rounds of 9mm for 21 bucks a pop ...And they are still selling it ..So how is this going to work ..Is it up the company that sells it or is this a no sales over 20 round or we wont supply you deal?
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

That place probably has stock they purchased at the old pricing. I usually paid $18.xx for a 50rd box at sgammo.com. Now the remaining 50rd boxes are $30/box, and once those are gone it will only be 20rd boxes, probably at the same $18-$20 for less than half the ammo.

VIP Member
    HST is still available by the case from various vendors on Ammoseek.
    Doghandler and TimBob like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    HST is still available by the case from various vendors on Ammoseek.
    This was just announced, so Iím sure those are leftover from when the distributors could purchase cases or 50rd boxes for the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    I donít like it anytime a company wonít sell things to the public. If itís good enough for our military and la enforcement, we should have access as well, especially something as benign as ammo thatís just packaged in a more economical way.
    The public can still get it, they just have to pay more than LE. Just like with Glocks.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered a few more boxes :)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links