New 10 MM Ammo Ballistics Video

This is a discussion on New 10 MM Ammo Ballistics Video within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This looks very interesting. For those that know me here, I've never posted a ballistics video, much less pushed a certain ammo as the be-all ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Pete63
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: New 10 MM Ammo Ballistics Video

VIP Member

This looks very interesting. For those that know me here, I've never posted a ballistics video, much less pushed a certain ammo as the be-all end-all for self defense. Just thought this performed well in gel.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Senior Moderator
    Hmmm ... for deer or feral hogs down here in Texas, that 200 grain load with its bullet's expansion characteristics might be just the ticket.

Perhaps the suggestion that velocity performance is designed for suitability in suppressed arms is correct. This load is traveling right at Mach 1.

With a 200 grain bullet, 1130 fps works out to 567 ft./lbs. muzzle energy. The 10mm is capable of higher velocity and energy figures with a 200 grain bullet weight. Whether more velocity is necessary or not is debatable. If the hit is good then likely all is good.
    LimaCharlie likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I stock Winchester Silvertip 175 grain, Underwood 180 grain XTP, and Buffalo Bore 180 grain JHP for my 10mm handguns.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I stock Winchester Silvertip 175 grain, Underwood 180 grain XTP, and Buffalo Bore 180 grain JHP for my 10mm handguns.
    I shoot Underwood almost exclusively in my Glock 20. The 180 XTP works well on Whitetails! I don't carry 10mm much but if I did, I would definitely not be afraid to carry the HST.
    Slow is smooth, smooth is Fast

HST seems to perform great in all calibers except 380 ACP.

I'd love to see Federal develop a 44 HST, Special or Magnum.

Sponsored Links