Federal 9mm 115gr JHP Train + Protect in Clear Ballistics Gel - Page 2

Federal 9mm 115gr JHP Train + Protect in Clear Ballistics Gel

This is a discussion on Federal 9mm 115gr JHP Train + Protect in Clear Ballistics Gel within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Nmuskier I don't think it did do a fine job. We have lots of failures of 9mm to perform in the 70's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Federal 9mm 115gr JHP Train + Protect in Clear Ballistics Gel

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I don't think it did do a fine job. We have lots of failures of 9mm to perform in the 70's and 80's. Things were not great in the 9mm world back then.
    The 9BPLE load rivals the 357 magnum for its effectiveness. Only facts count. I am no 9mm fan to be sure, but the facts are the facts.
    OD* likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    The 9BPLE load rivals the 357 magnum for its effectiveness. Only facts count. I am no 9mm fan to be sure, but the facts are the facts.
    That's a 115gr 9mm. Definitely not the same as a heavier .357. It is also +p+, where a .357 gets better velocity in pressures the gun is made for.

Besides, weren't we comparing the bargain 9mm's, specifically "Train and Protect"?
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    That's a 115gr 9mm. Definitely not the same as a heavier .357. It is also +p+, where a .357 gets better velocity in pressures the gun is made for.

Besides, weren't we comparing the bargain 9mm's, specifically "Train and Protect"?
    We were, I was responding to you claim;

I don't think it did do a fine job. We have lots of failures of 9mm to perform in the 70's and 80's. Things were not great in the 9mm world back then.
    I put your statement in context. The standard pressure 9mm today is as anemic as it was 30 years ago, no matter what bullet you use. The 357 Sig begins where the 9mm peters out.
    OD*, Gunnie and Nmuskier like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As far as failures of historic rounds go, yes there were failures. But not everybody was shooting the Federal 9BP load. It and the hotter 9BPLE were much better performing than the average load of the day. While the "average load" of today is better than the "average load" of 1989 it does not make a specific load any less effective than it was and is.

A fully restored 1978 Camaro that was a fifteen second quarter mile car then is still (on ethanol free gas) a fifteen second car today. The fact that you can buy a faster Camaro today does not turn that fifteen seconds into twenty.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links