Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry - Page 3

Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry

This is a discussion on Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gabill If poll didnít include Glock I would have voted for 9mm. ^^THIS^^...

View Poll Results: Which would you pick? Read parameters before voting, please.

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9mm Glock 19

36 52.94%
  • 357 Sig Glock 32

10 14.71%
  • 40 S&W Glock 23

22 32.35%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    If poll didnít include Glock I would have voted for 9mm.
    ^^THIS^^
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

I've been fascinated by the Sgt. Tim Gramins shooting story where he came close to failing to take a perp down with three mags of .45. I know .45 was not one of the choices, but it represents a supposedly more powerful caliber than 9mm. It validates what the FBI ballistics report says and what most people probably already believe, that all the major service calibers are not that far apart in stopping power. What is more important is accuracy, and secondary to the that, capacity.

Gramins now carries a 9mm. His main reason is capacity, but he also gives it credit for accuracy when shooting rapidly and getting the sights back on target quickly. I think it also has the advantage of lower cost and better availability. So that would be my choice.
    MMinSC likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    Isn't it amazing how some guys just can't play the "game" scenario and answer the question as posed.

I don't like Glocks and rarely carry 9mm. But instead of posting something about 38 SPL and preferring my LCR, I answered as asked. 9mm because of capacity and I am accustomed to its recoil so I can shoot it better. Wasn't so hard to answer.
    I thought I was clear in OP, but obviously I wasn't. I edited it hoping for more relevant replies.

Premise of thread:
    You have all three of those pistols, they are equally accurate and ammo aint a factor (you have plenty for each).
    Which one would you carry?
    Its not a "game" its an actual real world choice if one had all three pistols.
    entertainment72 likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Your parameters are based on the false premise that all other factors are equal.

I vote D, none of the above.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Your parameters are based on the false premise that all other factors are equal.

I vote D, none of the above.
    False premise, how?

Have all three pistols.
    Have ammo for all three.
    Capacity stated for each is accurate.

9mm holds two more rounds and offers slightly quicker follow up shots.
    357 Sig has most energy
    40 has biggest bullet

How are you getting "false premise"? Its certainly not.
    MMinSC likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

I didn't vote. I would carry either the 17 or the 22. The 22 can be converted to a 357 Sig.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    False premise, how?

Have all three pistols.
    Have ammo for all three.
    Capacity stated for each is accurate.

9mm holds two more rounds and offers slightly quicker follow up shots.
    357 Sig has most energy
    40 has biggest bullet

How are you getting "false premise"? Its certainly not.
    We don't all own all three pistols. Not all of would carry one of the three listed if we did have all three pistols. Had you asked "Which caliber do you prefer?", it would have been an easy answer.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

We don't all own all three pistols. Not all of would carry one of the three listed if we did have all three pistols. Had you asked "Which caliber do you prefer?", it would have been an easy answer.
    Yeah, but then people are like ďwell, for a subcompact I want 9mm and full size I want .40,Ē etc.

Personally Iíd choose either the 9 or 40. A little less recoil or a little more power, it doesnít matter much in my opinion. Same for the 357 except Iíve read that itís very loud, so might as well reduce the potential for hearing damage.

The only Glock I own is a 23, and Iím fine with that.
    G-man* likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

I carry a 9mm Glock 19 cause I can handle it better than the other two calibers, not cause it's superior or inferior.
    G-man*, CDW4ME, Wolf357 and 1 others like this.

Iím down to two Glocks; one designed for concealment, and one designed for duty/service, and it is my old duty G22 that has been relegated to outdoor use.

My carry Glock, a G26 can give all the carry benefits of the larger guns with the advantage of a purposeful size.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Due to testing some smoking hot Underwood SD ammo, I have recently become a .40 convert in autos. So it's a clear chiopce for the G23 for me. In fact, I've recently been thinking about picking up a cheap used G23 and selling my G19, likely at a profit.

The more I think about this, the better of an idea it sounds.
    Wolf357, Struckat and Bad Bob like this.

I wish I could start the thread over, make it real easy to understand.

I incorrectly assumed one wouldn't have to own the pistols to pick which you would carry if you did.
    In hindsight I should have narrowed it down and included a pic. make it as clear as I possibly can.

I should have presented it real simple like this:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry-choice.jpg
    Imagine you have these three pistols and already have plenty of ammo for each, a little of the ammo is pictured.
    Accuracy in your hands with the three is equal.
    16 rounds 9mm in Glock 19
    14 rounds 40 in Glock 23
    14 rounds 357 Sig in Glock 32

The 9mm has greatest capacity and slightly quicker follow up shots
    40 has biggest bullets
    357 Sig has most energy

Given those options which would you carry? Why?
    Note that a reply for something other that one of those choices is useless in this thread.
    MMinSC likes this.

I recently started carrying a Glock 23. Then I converted both my 23 and 35 to .357 SIG, which is what I currently carry.

Nothing against the .40. I'm just impressed with the ballistic properties of the .357 SIG right now.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

I would sell the glock and buy a nice all metal, double action pistol!
    drmordo and Struckat like this.

I carry a Glock 31 C that I can easily use three calibers with. I prefer the 357 Sig but the 40 S&W 155 GRN HST is a close second. The only use I have for the 9mm is IDPA and maybe in a micro Roni if my order is EVER delivered. I don't do 19/23 or 16/27 as they are way too small for me.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links