Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry - Page 4

Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry

This is a discussion on Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Wolf357 I recently started carrying a Glock 23. Then I converted both my 23 and 35 to .357 SIG, which is what ...

View Poll Results: Which would you pick? Read parameters before voting, please.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9mm Glock 19

    35 52.24%
  • 357 Sig Glock 32

    10 14.93%
  • 40 S&W Glock 23

    22 32.84%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry

  1. #46
    VIP Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Guncentric
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    I recently started carrying a Glock 23. Then I converted both my 23 and 35 to .357 SIG, which is what I currently carry.

    Nothing against the .40. I'm just impressed with the ballistic properties of the .357 SIG right now.
    I have a Glock 32
    I also have a 23 and a 357 Sig (Glock 32) barrel for the 23.
    No way I'd put carrying a Glock 23 as a 32 in the OP - may generate a "I wouldn't carry a modified ..." reply, not asking about that.
    IME a 125 gr. 357 Sig impacts a bit lower than a 180 gr. 40 S&W, POI can be changed by swapping barrels.

    Chrono averages from my pistols:
    Glock 19: Federal HST 147 gr +P @ 1,044 fps / 356# KE
    Glock 23: Federal HST 180 gr. @ 1,003 fps / 402# KE
    Glock 32: Federal HST 125 gr. @ 1,358 fps / 512# KE
    Wolf357, Bad Bob and Misty Lu like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

  2. #47
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    6,555
    Glock 19, 32, 23 You have all. Which would you carry
    Short answer...Glock 19.
    CDW4ME and Misty Lu like this.

  3. #48
    Member Array Wolf357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I have a Glock 32
    I also have a 23 and a 357 Sig (Glock 32) barrel for the 23.
    No way I'd put carrying a Glock 23 as a 32 in the OP - may generate a "I wouldn't carry a modified ..." reply, not asking about that.
    IME a 125 gr. 357 Sig impacts a bit lower than a 180 gr. 40 S&W, POI can be changed by swapping barrels.

    Chrono averages from my pistols:
    Glock 19: Federal HST 147 gr +P @ 1,044 fps / 356# KE
    Glock 23: Federal HST 180 gr. @ 1,003 fps / 402# KE
    Glock 32: Federal HST 125 gr. @ 1,358 fps / 512# KE
    Thank you.

    To help avoid POI problems when swapping calibers in my 23, I just replaced the fixed rear sight with the same kind of adjustable sight that my 35 came equipped with.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

    I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #49
    VIP Member Array Bad Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The BAD lands
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I have a Glock 32
    I also have a 23 and a 357 Sig (Glock 32) barrel for the 23.
    No way I'd put carrying a Glock 23 as a 32 in the OP - may generate a "I wouldn't carry a modified ..." reply, not asking about that.
    IME a 125 gr. 357 Sig impacts a bit lower than a 180 gr. 40 S&W, POI can be changed by swapping barrels.

    Chrono averages from my pistols:
    Glock 19: Federal HST 147 gr +P @ 1,044 fps / 356# KE
    Glock 23: Federal HST 180 gr. @ 1,003 fps / 402# KE
    Glock 32: Federal HST 125 gr. @ 1,358 fps / 512# KE
    I carry the 115 grn Underwoods in my 357 Sig..... they run between 1550 & 1600 fps. The 155 grn HST'S run @ 1200 fps. I like speed.
    CDW4ME and drmordo like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

    In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

  6. #50
    VIP Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Guncentric
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    I carry the 115 grn Underwoods in my 357 Sig..... they run between 1550 & 1600 fps. The 155 grn HST'S run @ 1200 fps. I like speed.
    357 Sig has been around a couple decades with some use in Law Enforcement.
    Have you seen (read about) "fail to stop" incidents with the caliber? Ex: Why one cop now carries 145 rounds of 9mm cause 357 Sig failed
    Likely there are, but I've not seen where LE that changed from 357 Sig to a different caliber cited poor performance at stopping criminals.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

  7. #51
    Member Array Misty Lu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Short answer...Glock 19.
    I am "short". And I carry a Glock 19 cause I can shoot it more comfortably than other kinds of pistols I've tried.
    Bad Bob, Wolf357 and CDW4ME like this.

  8. #52
    VIP Member Array Bad Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The BAD lands
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    357 Sig has been around a couple decades with some use in Law Enforcement.
    Have you seen (read about) "fail to stop" incidents with the caliber? Ex: Why one cop now carries 145 rounds of 9mm cause 357 Sig failed
    Likely there are, but I've not seen where LE that changed from 357 Sig to a different caliber cited poor performance at stopping criminals.
    Nope. Texas DPS says it is like they got hit by a bolt of lightning. The reason agencies go away from the 357 Sig is simple economics. The 9mm is WAY cheaper. For you and I that is not an issue, but a small agency buying 500,000 rounds a year it comes up to a lot of money.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

    In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

  9. #53
    Member Array since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    434
    You're missing an option: 4. None of the above.

    Seriously, I'd rather carry air than a Glock. Thankfully, that fiction will never happen, as there are more reliable weapons out there than Glocks.
    Struckat likes this.
    How many times must we see defenseless people die before we realize being defenseless is NOT the answer? // The First protects the Second and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect everything else.

  10. #54
    Member Array since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    How about an added selection called "none of the above". I carry 9mm but not in any of the pistols mentioned.
    It's the single-minded Glock mafia... :)
    How many times must we see defenseless people die before we realize being defenseless is NOT the answer? // The First protects the Second and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect everything else.

  11. #55
    Member Array since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Nope. Texas DPS says it is like they got hit by a bolt of lightning. The reason agencies go away from the 357 Sig is simple economics. The 9mm is WAY cheaper. For you and I that is not an issue, but a small agency buying 500,000 rounds a year it comes up to a lot of money.
    Bingo. That said, many (most?) police departments allow variations on their standard issue firearm, but they have to be inspected and it's the one on which you have to qualify.
    How many times must we see defenseless people die before we realize being defenseless is NOT the answer? // The First protects the Second and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect everything else.

  12. #56
    VIP Member Array Bad Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The BAD lands
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    You're missing an option: 4. None of the above.

    Seriously, I'd rather carry air than a Glock. Thankfully, that fiction will never happen, as there are more reliable weapons out there than Glocks.
    Not to sound like a Glock fan boy but............I am waiting.......
    A man has got to know his limitations.

    In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

  13. #57
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    6,555
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    You're missing an option: 4. None of the above.

    Seriously, I'd rather carry air than a Glock. Thankfully, that fiction will never happen, as there are more reliable weapons out there than Glocks.
    And those would be..........?

  14. #58
    Senior Member
    Array armado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    619
    Glock 23 certainly.
    CDW4ME and Wolf357 like this.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

    family Motto of Winston Churchill

  15. #59
    VIP Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Guncentric
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lu View Post
    I am "short". And I carry a Glock 19 cause I can shoot it more comfortably than other kinds of pistols I've tried.
    You are in good company, Glock 19 is astronomically popular; my wife carries one.
    She has a Kahr P9, Shield 9, Ruger CMD 1911, and chose a Glock 19 over the others by comparatively shooting.
    Misty Lu likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

  16. #60
    VIP Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Guncentric
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    You're missing an option: 4. None of the above.

    Seriously, I'd rather carry air than a Glock. Thankfully, that fiction will never happen, as there are more reliable weapons out there than Glocks.


    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •