What's the deal with light primer strikes? - Page 2

What's the deal with light primer strikes?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with light primer strikes? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by G-man* The BG is known for light primer strikes, so this should not be a surprise if you do some research on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What's the deal with light primer strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    The BG is known for light primer strikes, so this should not be a surprise if you do some research on the gun.

I have had one for almost 3 years now, and occasionally get light hits.

This should be expected of any really small hammer fired gun.
    And this is why that it has been a generally accepted idea for years that if you are going to carry a pocket gun, then itís a pertinent idea to choose one with second strike capability.

This is a platform issue much more than an ammo issue.
    Yeah, I have read that too. Galloway Precision offers both an upgraded firing mechanism (trigger clear through to hammer) and a higher rate hammer spring that is supposed to solve it. I am considering it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Make sure the guns in question are fully in battery. My Sig P365 will go through 500 rounds of S&B NATO (Which is Hot but Clean) which is rumored to have harder primers for submachine guns without issue but start getting a light strike on WWB after 350-400 rounds. It was the amount of carbon residue from WWB. The gun was going far enough into battery to engage the disconnecter but get a light off center hit. Now I either stop at 250 rounds with dirtier ammo or clean the rails if I'm going to run a longer session.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links