7 People Struck By One Bullet During Family-Friendly Dance In Texas - Page 2

7 People Struck By One Bullet During Family-Friendly Dance In Texas

This is a discussion on 7 People Struck By One Bullet During Family-Friendly Dance In Texas within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CDW4ME If this was a 45 FMJ that overpentrated, in defiance of 45 FMJ don't overpentrate believers , may that detail be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 7 People Struck By One Bullet During Family-Friendly Dance In Texas

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    If this was a 45 FMJ that overpentrated, in defiance of 45 FMJ don't overpentrate believers, may that detail be made public.
    "I carry FMJ in my 45 and I don't think itll overpenetrate"
    Well, look where one round of 45 FMJ overpenetrated and struck 7 people. Mythbusted.
    Soooooooooo.......was this a 45acp fmj??
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

VIP Member
    What is the size difference between fragments and sprall? At our outdoor range "we" get nipped by sprall on the all steel range fairly regularly, even though the faces of the targets are supposedly angled so the bullets head downward when they impact the target. Unfortunately, the steel frames also get hit regularly and "stuff splatters."
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Soooooooooo.......was this a 45acp fmj??
    I don't know.
    If so, it would be a handy piece of information to have. (Not that information changes almighty opinion)
    G26Raven likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Of the FMJ .45s I've shot, they are pretty heftily constructed. I have a hard time imagining one of those passing through a leg, hitting the floor, and then shattering into enough pieces to hit 6-7 others. Bouncing off the concrete and hitting someone maybe...
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Dancing at 7 pm on concrete floors should be banned. Contact your congressman today!

If this was a 45 FMJ that overpentrated, in defiance of 45 FMJ don't overpentrate believers, may that detail be made public.
    "I carry FMJ in my 45 and I don't think itll overpenetrate"
    Well, look where one round of 45 FMJ overpenetrated and struck 7 people. Mythbusted.
    Sarcasm? Bad humor?
    Nothing mentioned caliber. Regardless of caliber, a defense round should pass through a leg. A defensive round should have more penetration potential than that.
    This was a negligent discharge at best; a criminal shooting at worst. Nothing about the incident had a safety consideration.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Sarcasm? Bad humor?
    Nothing mentioned caliber. Regardless of caliber, a defense round should pass through a leg. A defensive round should have more penetration potential than that.
    This was a negligent discharge at best; a criminal shooting at worst. Nothing about the incident had a safety consideration.
    Look at a thread like this one:
    https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...p-defense.html

Despite that 45 FMJ (or a 45 HP that doesn't expand) penetrates 30'' of gel there are some that think its not overpenetrative for SD against a human.
    Do they have examples to back up that opinion, no probably not, and more than one example extra probably not.
    Going through a leg wouldn't be a good example to use, I know. Just messing around with that.
    It wouldn't matter if there were several examples where people were shot in the chest with 45 FMJ and it exited out the back of them, those content to carry 45 FMJ would be like, "Well those bullets only hit soft tissue, nothing solid" or they might default to "Most shots miss anyway so I aint worried about overpenetration". Which is why in my 2nd reply to this thread I said that almighty opinion > info. Yea, thats sarcasm but I aint wrong.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

...It wouldn't matter if there were several examples where people were shot in the chest with 45 FMJ and it exited out the back of them...
    That should happen with any defensive caliber. That is reliable penetration. JHP should also show that amount of reliable penetration.

I don't understand the obsession with. 45ACP penetration? 9mm fmj will penetrate well past the FBI maximum too.

But the OP is about fragments, not a complete bullet striking 7 people.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    That should happen with any defensive caliber. That is reliable penetration. JHP should also show that amount of reliable penetration.

I don't understand the obsession with. 45ACP penetration? 9mm fmj will penetrate well past the FBI maximum too.

But the OP is about fragments, not a complete bullet striking 7 people.

Maybe it was a magic bullet?

G26Raven and Nmuskier like this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Maybe it was a magic bullet?
    I would expect one of your loads to take out at least a dozen people because, after all, you are Bad Bob!
    Bad Bob and msgt/ret like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Hope the first guy didnít have a blood born pathogen:)
    He had the Corona virus!!!!
    msgt/ret and OldVet like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    He had the Corona virus!!!!
    Great . . . now those people will each go out and fire a shot and infect 7-8 other people, and then those people . . . well, that's how these things spread!
    PEF and Nmuskier like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links