Ammunition Sales Continue to Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

This is a discussion on Ammunition Sales Continue to Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nothing we all don't already intuitively know, but the actual statistics are kind of staggering. The article gives a state by state breakdown. Ammunition Sales ...

Like Tree48Likes
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 4 Post By Texas Red
  • 2 Post By KeithinFlorida
  • 4 Post By rlggray
  • 3 Post By matthew03
  • 3 Post By G26Raven
  • 7 Post By 10thmtn
  • 6 Post By gasmitty
  • 5 Post By matthew03
  • 2 Post By ugh762x39
  • 4 Post By Spokane1969
  • 3 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 4 Post By ETXhiker

Thread: Ammunition Sales Continue to Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

Nothing we all don't already intuitively know, but the actual statistics are kind of staggering. The article gives a state by state breakdown.

Updated March 17, 2020: As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads across the United States, its impact can be seen in every community. Businesses and schools are closed, the market is volatile, and store shelves are empty as the American public scrambles to prepare for the worldwide pandemic and social distancing prescribed by the WHO and CDC....

...When comparing 22 days worth of sales from February 23, 2020, through March 15, with sales from February 1, 2020, through February 22, our data shows these staggering statistics:

309% increase in revenue
    78% increase in conversion rate
    222% increase in transactions
    77% increase in site traffic
    27% increase in average order

https://ammo.com/coronavirus-impact-on-ammunition-sales
    You are your own first responder.

And people are now waring Mrgunsandgear for example that 22lr will be short soon as they switch to making other higher margin calibers so oh joy
    matthew03 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

All that ammo I stocked up on years ago looks pretty comfortable in times like this.

I'll admit that I did go out and pick up about 500 rds of 22LR a couple of weeks back, though.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I haven't bought ammo in quite a while. Don't anticipate buying any in the near future
    G26Raven and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post

309% increase in revenue
    78% increase in conversion rate
    222% increase in transactions
    77% increase in site traffic
    27% increase in average order[/I]

I'm glad to say I didn't have to participate in any of those increases.

I'm ammo rich.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    And people are now waring Mrgunsandgear for example that 22lr will be short soon as they switch to making other higher margin calibers so oh joy
    I ordered match .22 to get me through the rest of the NRL22 season, a couple of days into the ammo panic.

Season’s probably getting cancelled for the foreseeable future.
    G26Raven, airslot and gasmitty like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Matthew03, lots of things are going to be canceled, unfortunately. I ordered my case of shotgun ammo, not thinking about the panic, on March 13, but just at the start of the panic. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
    matthew03, ETXhiker and airslot like this.
    You are your own first responder.

Was getting motor oil at Wally World the other day and picked up a box of “tactical” .30-30...just because.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Senior Moderator
    My club, Rio Salado, completed its 3-day Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun match yesterday, arguably the biggest and richest 3-gun match in the country. We originally had over 400 registered, but only about 250 actually competed. Richer pot for the shooters who could make it!

Unfortunately, weekly/monthly club matches are on hold for at least another month. More weekend treks into the desert to get trigger time will be necessary.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    My club, Rio Salado, completed its 3-day Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun match yesterday, arguably the biggest and richest 3-gun match in the country. We originally had over 400 registered, but only about 250 actually competed. Richer pot for the shooters who could make it!

Unfortunately, weekly/monthly club matches are on hold for at least another month. More weekend treks into the desert to get trigger time will be necessary.
    I had three classes scheduled that were called off.
    I thought I still had twice a month combatives to look forward to, our location we hold it closed today.
    Lockdown is getting depressing.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

My LGS is not out but, is limiting the purchase of 9mm, .40, .45, 38 .357 Mag and, .223/5.56 to 1 box/person/day. Thankfully, i have plenty and do not need more. I did pick up some more .38 S&W along with a few boxes of buckshot, though. He’s been doing a brisk sale on hand/long guns with NICS checks taking an hour or more. CC permits are pay and go.
    airslot and G26Raven like this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

So the novice gun owner crawled out. propping up the industry they hate until something scared them
    Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. George S. Patton

VIP Member
    Interesting statistics but with no impact on me. I vowed never to need to buy during a run on ammo. Once I can get back to the gun club I'll start expending more of that ammo I bought cheap.
    airslot, G26Raven and Spokane1969 like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I have adequate supplies of everything. And if that runs out, I have enough reloading supplies to replenish everything twice over. Can't imagine why anyone would wait until now to start buying ammo, unless they just now started buying guns.
    OD*, airslot, G26Raven and 1 others like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Sponsored Links