Guns & Ammo Magazine

Guns & Ammo Magazine

This is a discussion on Guns & Ammo Magazine within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Guns & Ammo magazine is an overall good magazine, they can be informative and have good material. But Im not so sure about their ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Okeechobee
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By flh

Thread: Guns & Ammo Magazine

Guns & Ammo Magazine

The Guns & Ammo magazine is an overall good magazine, they can be informative and have good material. But Im not so sure about their online resources. Perhaps I should not be so quick to judge.

I have never used their on line stuff. I guess I should check it out.

There is a free online magazine called magazinelib.com that has just about any kind of magazine in print......free in pdf form.
    Hundreds of them. Take a look and see
    Pete63 and Macantic like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I don't have a subscription so I don't know what their online presence is like... but I'm a little surprised you don't feel it's up to speed.

If 90% of the stuff you want to read about is rifles and scopes over 1500 dollars, it's a perfectly fine magazine. Keeping in mind that it's all just a matter of marketing, they remind me of those tacti-cool instructors you often see in their little black outfits darting about on their ranges with all their little toys covering every inch of rifles. Some of the older writers there still have interesting articles now and again.

I remember Petersons Hunting had a guy on the last page who used to be a hell of a writer. He was an older guy with a lot of experience and horse sense. I forget his name but I was a big fan of him and that USMC Brig General who used to write about hunting. I got "Hunting" and "Guns 'n Ammo" for many , many years and used to enjoy them.
    A Man's house is his castle

You have to cherry pick the information from any magazine. As for online magazines, I prefer hands on. Reading anything on a screen loses me quickly. Most posts over 5-10 lines lose me.
    AzQkr likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You have to cherry pick the information from any magazine. As for online magazines, I prefer hands on. Reading anything on a screen loses me quickly. Most posts over 5-10 lines lose me.
    Exactly,

flh
    I used to have a subscription to G&A magazine , I have a sub with https://americanhandgunner.com/ that I enjoy...
    OldVet likes this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Sponsored Links