How to Survive an Active Killer:

This is a discussion on How to Survive an Active Killer: within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is just out. How to Survive an Active Killer: An Honest Look at Your Role in the Age of Mass Violence Dec 12, 2017 ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: How to Survive an Active Killer:

This is just out. How to Survive an Active Killer: An Honest Look at Your Role in the Age of Mass Violence Dec 12, 2017
    by Aaron Jannetti and Katelyn Walters
    Mike1956 and CG11 like this.

My first thought is shoot him/her with a full magazine. Reload, try again. Then throw gun at him/her and run like I am on fire.

Beyond that.....I got nothing

Disclaimer: I am assuming that by the tine I rattle off 14 shots.....someone will have dialed 911

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    "The Age of Mass Violence"?

Not in my book. This is the age of mass peace compared to just about any other age, period.

I may be time for a real bloodletting, but thus far we've been fighting a multi-front war for 15 years and lost fewer men than in 5 minutes at the battle of Shiloh. For those with a calculator that's 1/7,884,000 as violent.

This is merely the age of instant, global communications where every local story is a national one. More people=more violence, but this certainly is not the age of violence when I put it up against any other age.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    My first thought is shoot him/her with a full magazine. Reload, try again. Then throw gun at him/her and run like I am on fire.

Beyond that.....I got nothing

Disclaimer: I am assuming that by the tine I rattle off 14 shots.....someone will have dialed 911
    I checked out the Amazon ad for the book, and shooting the shooter doesn't seem to be a point of emphasis of the book:

https://www.amazon.com/How-Survive-A...+Mass+Violence

"This book endeavors to instruct you on all aspects of responding to an active shooter situation. You’ll learn about planning, evading, and finding a secure place to barricade or cover, along with unarmed fighting, considerations for using a defensive weapon, how to give life-saving medical care, how to interact with law enforcement, how to cope with the aftermath, and where to begin your training."

The author runs a fitness center in Columbus, Ohio
    Pete63 and matthew03 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Shoot them.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    "The Age of Mass Violence"?

Not in my book. This is the age of mass peace compared to just about any other age, period.

I may be time for a real bloodletting, but thus far we've been fighting a multi-front war for 15 years and lost fewer men than in 5 minutes at the battle of Shiloh. For those with a calculator that's 1/7,884,000 as violent.

This is merely the age of instant, global communications where every local story is a national one. More people=more violence, but this certainly is not the age of violence when I put it up against any other age.
    Churchill ordered the firebombing of Dresden, an act directed deliberately at civilian refugees, and killed an estimated 500,000 people mostly women and children. When you hear international whining about collateral damage in drone strikes I recall that in order to keep some perspective.
    Jaeger and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post
    Churchill ordered the firebombing of Dresden, an act directed deliberately at civilian refugees, and killed an estimated 500,000 people mostly women and children. When you hear international whining about collateral damage in drone strikes I recall that in order to keep some perspective.
    BBC News - Up to 25,000 died in Dresden's WWII bombing - report
    ETXhiker likes this.

hmm, I must get my numbers from a bad source. Still the point holds....

And it is a BBC story :D

When your fellow countryman civilians are also being bombed, that might carry some weight in your decision
    sdprof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by z06tacoma View Post
    When your fellow countryman civilians are also being bombed, that might carry some weight in your decision
    Well the other guys were Nazi's and you sort of expect that sort of behavior out of them

VIP Member
    It’s debatable. We dropped two nukes on population centers. Trying to relate to nations in an existential struggle for survival against enemies that were demonstrably evil (yes, EVIL) often requires the suspension of delicate sensibilities, and a willingness to break them utterly.

Perhaps if the West looses several million people to an enemy we might discard these quaint notions of fair play and rules in warfare. Perhaps we will once again understand W.T. Sherman’s maxim and care more about winning than being regarded as good guys by those future generations who benefit from our exertions...

As for myself, I’d like to think I’d bomb Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan in whatever manner would defeat them the fastest, and I don’t care to criticize those who made those decisions under those circumstances based on the goals of the enemy and what we were up against. That kind in intellectual naval gazing misses the whole point of history IMHO.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Title Page: “How to Survive an Active Killer”

Chapter 1: have a gun

The End

Several responses point to us as an armed and unafraid group. Perhaps the point here is will the active killer survive us??

Thats a Lie. The original German estimates of 18,000 to 25,000 were right, and they counted all the bodies. And Dresden was a legitimate military targets with military Industry/transportation in it. Death Toll Debate: How Many Died in the Bombing of Dresden? - SPIEGEL ONLINE https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rldwar.germany The first to propagate this Lie was Her Goebbels, and how could anyone not believe him? And then Kurt Vonnegut , in between acid trips, made it part of '60s counter culture in his book, and follow up movie, "Slaughterhouse Five". To this day the myth persists.

First off Dresden was an important military communications/transportation center. It also had major military Industry in it including Zeiss-Ikon who built cameras, gunsights, bombsights, rangefinders, lens and mirrors for the Wehrmacht. They employed 10,000 workers including many slave laborers from concentration camps who were earmarked for extermination once they starved to much to work. Other Industries.
    Radio-Mende started out as a manufacturer of the Reich's "people's radio" - the Volksempfänger - but by 1944 was given over to working for the Wehrmacht: field telephones, two-way radios, artillery observation devices, teleprinters, electrical fuses for the Luftwaffe and other electrical equipment.
    Radio-Mende employed 2500 workers in 1943 and continued to expand in 1944. Radio-Mende's workforce include 300 women from the Flossenbürg concentration camp, 600 women from Bergen-Belsen and hundreds of conscripted Russian and Polish women.
    Seidel and Naumann once made typewriters and sewing machines. By 1944, they were still manufacturing a few typewriters, all of which went to the Wehrmacht, but were also manufacturing rifle and machine gun parts.

Richard Gäbel & Co. once made waffle machine and marzipan makers was devoting 96% of its outputs to armaments by March 1944, including torpedo components.

J. C. Müller Universelle-Werk once made cigarette making machines. By 1944 it was making machine guns, searchlights, directional guidance equipment and torpedo and aircraft parts. It employed over 4000 workers, including 700 women from the Ravensbruck concentration camp.

Bernsdorf & Co. once made cigarettes. By 1944, the cigarette making making machines had been adapted to make rifle and machine gun bullets. Workers from concentration camps had quotas to fulfil: 1000 cartridges per hour, working over 12 hour shifts, seven days a week.

Deutsche Werkstätte once made furniture. By 1944 it was turning out parts for the V-1 buzz bomb, the V-2 rocket and aircraft parts.

The Wehrmacht's armaments office maintained a directory of businesses and factories doing war work, each identified by a unique code. The directory listed 127 separate businesses or manufacturers in Dresden working for the Wehrmacht. There were probably many more in Dresden since the directory did not include many component and part manufacturers.
    British intelligence had picked up on German plans to withdraw up to forty divisions from the Western Front, Scandinavia and training depots in Germany to reinforce the Eastern Front to contest annual Soviet winter offensive. Bomber Command's Joint Intelligence Committee proposed to hinder the troop transfer by attacking transportation centers in eastern Germany and Berlin, Leipzig, Chemnitz and Dresden were added to Bomber Command's target list. British political leaders, up to and including Churchill, warmly endorsed the plan (Churchill giving it one of his many, many "action this day" endorsements) and so Dresden was attacked.
    Has nothing to do with an active shooter but I'm tired of a Nazi and '60s Hippie Lie still being told. Next time the Germans want to feel sorry for themselves then DONT start a war that kills 60 m people and DONT send 9 m into gas chambers or ditches cause they aren't part of your Master Race. Let alone enslaving and/or murdering everyone else. Dresden was a legitimate military target that didn't even have 500,000 people in it.
    A Man's house is his castle

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    PO54yo.

Well said, Sir.

Two Atom Bombs! Boo Ho. Remember Pearl Harbour. I was born in the UK, only for the Yanks, I would not be here for sure.

Now I am one!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links