What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People - Page 3

What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People

This is a discussion on What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have interviewed thousands of victims, offenders and witnesses regarding crime and its associated construction. I will say that bad people have much more similar ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People

I have interviewed thousands of victims, offenders and witnesses regarding crime and its associated construction. I will say that bad people have much more similar presentations vs "good people" and deception is typically readily apparent if you know what to look for. Most people, even the bad ones can be good at lying but bad at pulling off the deception in a broad sense. They don't really think past the specific lie or in terms of what is needed regarding a broad or ongoing deception. Body language has always been the icing on the cake in regards to what I otherwise may not be able to reasonably articulate. I have previously used deceptive cues substantially in my occupational determinations but I will admit that deceptive cues and other physiological responses are not 100% accurate in determining this or that. People can exhibit textbook cues which are indicative of deception and actually be telling the truth. Body language as well as other human responses are simply one part of a much larger puzzle. I have not read this book but I would wager that there is probably some worth while information contained within it.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

We live on a cul-de-sac with community mailboxes. A new neighbor moved in down the street. My wife and I were in the garage when the mailman dropped off the mail. I walked down to the mailbox and the new neighbor was there also. We exchanged pleasantries and I walked back to our house. My wife asked what the new neighbor was like. I told her he was a pervert and to stay away from him. She said there was no way to know that from a few second encounter and laughed at me. He was reported by two young women for peeping. He hit on every young woman on the street. The cops were at his house several times for domestics with various girlfriends before they moved out. My wife no longer questions me on snap judgements.
    Sister likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

My ex taught me the most about lying. It was a book that took ten years to read.
    LimaCharlie and Sister like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

From "Seinfeld", "It's not a lie Jerry, if you believe it's true."

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links