What do you carry? - Page 440

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ken40s&w Attachment 305234 Surprized to see so few Glocks. Not many Kahrís. This is my nightstand and truck gun Glock 35 with ...

Page 440 of 442 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 6619
Like Tree4225Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken40s&w View Post
    Attachment 305234 Surprized to see so few Glocks. Not many Kahrís. This is my nightstand and truck gun Glock 35 with a Glock 24 barrel and Crimson Trace green laser. The laser is so bright, I donít need a light .
    Ken, you need to drop down below "Quick Reply" to "Go Advanced" click on it then attach your picture.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Ken, you need to drop down below "Quick Reply" to "Go Advanced" click on it then attach your picture.
    Thanks for the heads up. Newbe mistake.
    OD* likes this.
    If a man has only one gun, he probably can use it...well

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Thanks for the heads up. Newbe mistake.
    We've all been there.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

NRA Patron Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Attachment 305546 Here you go
    OD* likes this.
    If a man has only one gun, he probably can use it...well

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Attachment 305546 Here you go
    Nice looking Kahrs.

NRA Patron Member

What do I carry?

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40
    Interestingly enough, the first post in this thread was made almost 15 years ago, and today I am also carrying a SIG P229 (Enhanced Elite). It was also originally also chambered in .40 S&W, a caliber I carried exclusively for 8 years, but I now carry it chambered in .357 SIG. I also have a 9mm Bar-Sto barrel chambered in 9mm for training purposes. I'm carrying today under a flannel shirt using a Galco COP belt and a modified Bravo Concealment Torsion holster fitted with an Aholster wedge.

Depending on what I am wearing, I also carry a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Inox with a type "G" decocker (no safety) chambered in 9mm in a Dara holster, a Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P Shield M2.0 chambered in 9mm in another Bravo Concealment Torsion, and a Ruger LCP II chambered in .380 ACP with the pocket holster it came with (rather than preferring a specific caliber, I'm a fan of .355" diameter bullets which is dictated by the size & weight of my guns).

These are the pistols I've settled on for now after owning about two dozen carry guns over the last 14-15 years I've been licensed to concealed carry (many of the guns I carried also included various Glocks and M&P's). There are a lot of great guns out there, these aren't "the best", but this is what works for me. I don't carry my P229 all the time, but I still like to because it is simply the fasted pistol I've owned to draw quickly, accurately and consistently. I've had six Glocks, but personally, I deploy this gun better than anything I've tried thus far. Everyone is different, this just works for me (clothing permitted), but obviously that's not to say it would work for you or anyone else. My PX4 Storm is almost as good as my P229 and is slightly smaller and lighter which is why I carry it as much or more. My Shield gets carried the most and my LCP II is for times when I have to carry deep or I'm just stepping out to run an errand.

I give a special nod to the Shield because it's a recent gun I acquired for the second time (I had a M1.0 back in 2014). I was going to buy a P365 or a Hellcat, but I ended up settling on the Shield for a number of personal reasons not worth mentioning. Carry pieces are personal choices.

I don't carry Glocks anymore, but I am a huge fan of them, especially the G26. For me, however, if I am only carrying Glocks, or at least I am training a lot, I can point them naturally, but I don't train as much as I used to and now find that they will sometimes point too high when I am rotating them among my SIG and Beretta pistols. I notice this dry practicing a lot. The Shield has this problem to a lesser extent as well which I hadn't anticipated. Like I said, I just bought this pistol, so I am going to see if it works out. If not, I may have to go with a P365 or Hellcat, but I think I'll honestly be fine with the Shield. I tend to favor pistols with track records (at least a few years).

As far as sights go, I have white XS Standard Dot night sights on my SIG, Orange Ameriglo night sights on my Beretta, orange Ameriglo i-Dot night sights I'm about to install on my Shield, and I painted my black fixed front sight on my LCP with orange paint. For ammo, I carry Underwood XD bullets for my SIG, Beretta, and Shield and Fiocchi XTP in my LCP II.

What do you carry?-sig-p229-enhanced-elite-357-bravo-company-torsion-fitted-wedge.jpg
    What do you carry?-sig-p229-beretta-px4-storm-compact.jpg
    What do you carry?-s-w-pc-m-p-shield-9mm.jpg
    What do you carry?-ruger-lcp-sig-p229.jpg
    sparkyfender and Militant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Iíve thought about carrying my new Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum....

Attachment 298306
    do it!
    sparkyfender likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Same old, same old. I see no reason to change a thing...

Larger option... M&P40 full size.

When I want to "go light" M&P40 Compact. Awesome pistols, stone-reliable, soft-shooting, accurate, great trigger, potent, high capacity! What more can you ask for?

Great gun! I carried this for 7-8 years.
    sparkyfender and DHart like this.

what i carry:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you carry?-stuff.jpg  

sparkyfender, JMag1 and Militant like this.

Reading this thread informed me I am in the wrong place. My question is; if the bad day comes that anyone is required to use their mega dollar gun to shoo someone away and that shooing results in their death are they ready to lose that mega gun forever? Even if/when you win the lawsuits that will inevitably drown you the LEO's that initially confiscated the firearm used will likely be reticent in returning it in a timely manner.

With that said, I carried (when I deemed it necessary) my cz82. Yeah, I'm a cheap and poor b.....

But I recently got another least expensive one I'd be willing to part with indefinitely if the need arose; a CPX2. Both are reliable. I gamble on extra lawsuits by using my own reloads in the 9x18. In my part of the forest I don't really have any need to carry even with the stupid people at large these days. However, I was the target of a shooting about a year and a half ago due to my job. But that's a story for a different thread.

There are so may really good guns nowadays that are not particularly expensive. I personally like the M&P 2.0 line, especially the compact. If you need smaller than that, there are lots of single stack-ish 9mms. All these are less than $500, some substantially. There's no need to spend >$1000 on a carry gun, unless you really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by oldIthink View Post
    Reading this thread informed me I am in the wrong place. My question is; if the bad day comes that anyone is required to use their mega dollar gun to shoo someone away and that shooing results in their death are they ready to lose that mega gun forever? Even if/when you win the lawsuits that will inevitably drown you the LEO's that initially confiscated the firearm used will likely be reticent in returning it in a timely manneWith that said, I carried (when I deemed it necessary) my cz82. Yeah, I'm a cheap and poor b.....

But I recently got another least expensive one I'd be willing to part with indefinitely if the need arose; a CPX2. Both are reliable. I gamble on extra lawsuits by using my own reloads in the 9x18. In my part of the forest I don't really have any need to carry even with the stupid people at large these days. However, I was the target of a shooting about a year and a half ago due to my job. But that's a story for a different thread.
    ukcats and sparkyfender like this.

These days I almost exclusively carry my G 19M. Some days though I carry my G43 when I just want something extremely lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sparkyfender likes this.
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

I still carry my Taurus PT145 most days.
    sparkyfender likes this.

Should be getting back my official CCW card from the sheriff's office. I plan to purchase a S&W 686+

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    sparkyfender likes this.

A few years ago I bought a Glock 42 and I am very pleased with it. Its small enough to pocket carry but I mostly inside waistband carry it. Recently I bought a Glock 19 and I am still deciding which I prefer to carry more because they both have pros and cons over the other one. I will just take it day by day.
    sparkyfender likes this.

Sponsored Links