Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) - Page 16

Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

This is a discussion on Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 2ndunamended Respectfully, I'm not missing anything. I just don't think the gadget makes much sense. If one is afraid of a ND ...

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    Respectfully, I'm not missing anything. I just don't think the gadget makes much sense. If one is afraid of a ND when reholstering, then they should either train smarter or get a different gun than a Glock. It's not that difficult a concept. If one has a finger on the trigger when they reholster, they shouldn't have a gun in the first place.
    We should always be conscious of the possibility of a ND. The gadget wasn't developed with the idea of stopping ND due to improper finger placement. There have been numerous occasions in which something has become caught in the trigger guard (again not a finger) that has caused a ND.

We can say "glocks have all the safeties they need" and "keep your finger off the trigger"
    all we want but the reality is that people keep having NDs, some which could've been prevented with a gadget device. These people that have ND are no different than you or me.

If we start to think we are immune to something like a ND happening to us we are becoming too complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tmoore912 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    We should always be conscious of the possibility of a ND. The gadget wasn't developed with the idea of stopping ND due to improper finger placement. There have been numerous occasions in which something has become caught in the trigger guard (again not a finger) that has caused a ND.

We can say "glocks have all the safeties they need" and "keep your finger off the trigger"
    all we want but the reality is that people keep having NDs, some which could've been prevented with a gadget device. These people that have ND are no different than you or me.

If we start to think we are immune to something like a ND happening to us we are becoming too complacent.

This poor old horse is getting beat to death... Let's not confuse the issue here.

Of course everyone should be conscious of the possibility of a ND. That's the whole point. If you need a gadget to simultaneously keep you conscious of and prevent a ND, you either aren't training enough or you need a different gun. NDs happen to anyone and everyone (provided they've shot enough).

If a gadget on a striker fire makes one feel more comfortable and confident, then they should install the gadget. My opinion is still that if a gadget is needed, it's more likely a function of a lack of training or the need for a different gun.
    Bad Bob and kukla like this.

Of course everyone should be conscious of the possibility of a ND. That's the whole point.
    I guess that's the point I was trying to convey which is the fact that the gadget effectively keeps you conscious of what your trigger is doing throughout the entire reholstering process. Its not a replacement for training, trigger discipline, etc.

I bought one knowing that I reholster in as safe a manner as possible, and I'm comfortable with that, I'm not afraid of a ND, however I am aware of the possibility constantly. In this regard the odds are slim as can be. However the stakes are incredibly high considering the possibility is either the gun is reholstered or a round goes somewhere I didn't intend. Adding a margin of awareness on top of an already present layer of safety seems like a no brainer to me. However, I'm happy we can respectfully disagree on this.
    OD* likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

This poor old horse is getting beat to death... Let's not confuse the issue here.

Of course everyone should be conscious of the possibility of a ND. That's the whole point. If you need a gadget to simultaneously keep you conscious of and prevent a ND, you either aren't training enough or you need a different gun. NDs happen to anyone and everyone (provided they've shot enough).

If a gadget on a striker fire makes one feel more comfortable and confident, then they should install the gadget. My opinion is still that if a gadget is needed, it's more likely a function of a lack of training or the need for a different gun.
    What type of training do you suggest for someone who feels the need for a gadget in their pistol?

Could you share all the training courses that you have attended?

What type of training do you suggest for someone who feels the need for a gadget in their pistol?

Could you share all the training courses that you have attended?

If you're sincerely asking this question, then I'd start with the basics. Trigger finger discipline upon reholstering is a rudimentary lesson.

If you're sincerely asking this question, then I'd start with the basics. Trigger finger discipline upon reholstering is a rudimentary lesson.
    Respectfully, you're misunderstanding the point of the gadget. It was never created to replace trigger finger discipline. While it could certainly save you from an ND if you had you're finger on the trigger, it's main purpose is to alert you of a foreign object that is pressing the trigger. This could be your shirt, a zipper or even a piece of brass in the holster.

It was co created by Todd Green, who was one of the most well known and respected firearms instructors. He had fired over a million rounds in his lifetime. His desire for a passive safety on a glock wasn't because of a lack of training.

He brought appendix carry to the forefront of the concealed carry world. He taught things like trigger discipline, clearing the cover garmet and a hard break before reholstering. He taught people to lean back and away while reholstering. He was huge on safety.

The reality of appendix carry is that if you screw up, you will probably die. NONE of us are above a ND happening to us. They happen to newbs and the most experienced shooters. The gadget offers only a single layer of protection.

Again, It's not a replacement for trigger finger discipline.

If someone doesn't feel a need for one, don't buy it. But please don't assume people want it because they don't have proper training.

Again I wish we could sticky this at the top of every post in this thread:

The device was never created to replace trigger finger discipline.

OD* and tmoore912 like this.

Respectfully, you're misunderstanding the point of the gadget. It was never created to replace trigger finger discipline. While it could certainly save you from an ND if you had you're finger on the trigger, it's main purpose is to alert you of a foreign object that is pressing the trigger. This could be your shirt, a zipper or even a piece of brass in the holster.

It was co created by Todd Green, who was one of the most well known and respected firearms instructors. He had fired over a million rounds in his lifetime. His desire for a passive safety on a glock wasn't because of a lack of training.

He brought appendix carry to the forefront of the concealed carry world. He taught things like trigger discipline, clearing the cover garmet and a hard break before reholstering. He taught people to lean back and away while reholstering. He was huge on safety.

The reality of appendix carry is that if you screw up, you will probably die. NONE of us are above a ND happening to us. They happen to newbs and the most experienced shooters. The gadget offers only a single layer of protection.

Again, It's not a replacement for trigger finger discipline.

If someone doesn't feel a need for one, don't buy it. But please don't assume people want it because they don't have proper training.

Again I wish we could sticky this at the top of every post in this thread:

The device was never created to replace trigger finger discipline.

Good lord. I give up. If you want the gadget, get the gadget. Trust me, I don't misunderstand the point of the gadget.

I've made no such statement that people who want the gadget don't have proper training. I have clearly stated my position/opinion that effective training and discipline essentially eliminates the need for the gadget. By all means though, I'm happy for the creators of the gadget and anyone who wants the gadget to buy and use the gadget.

More importantly, I'm happy for Glock because maybe more people will buy what is already the best semi-auto handgun in the universe. (This statement ought to shake the gadget evangelists into another line of analysis and cross examination).

Now, I'm going back to my drinking game. Every time I read or hear the word gadget, I take a swig. It helps me understand the purpose of the gadget better.
    Bad Bob, Erich1B and SWIll like this.

You could solve it by carrying a 1911. Just apply the thumb safety and waalaa......Its safe.....
    Eric357 likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget................... You should feel fairly good by now!

Good lord. I give up. If you want the gadget, get the gadget. Trust me, I don't misunderstand the point of the gadget.

I've made no such statement that people who want the gadget don't have proper training. I have clearly stated my position/opinion that effective training and discipline essentially eliminates the need for the gadget. By all means though, I'm happy for the creators of the gadget and anyone who wants the gadget to buy and use the gadget.

More importantly, I'm happy for Glock because maybe more people will buy what is already the best semi-auto handgun in the universe. (This statement ought to shake the gadget evangelists into another line of analysis and cross examination).

Now, I'm going back to my drinking game. Every time I read or hear the word gadget, I take a swig. It helps me understand the purpose of the gadget better.
    2ndunamended and Bad Bob like this.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    The only thing that makes me not surprised that this thread is still running, is that it's about a Glock.
    2ndunamended and Bad Bob like this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I'm over 1,100 rounds through mine without an issue. Can't imagine carrying a Glock without one now.

It's truly one of those things that you need to see in person.

heymarv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich1B View Post
    Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget................... You should feel fairly good by now!
    I can now produce a two inch grouping full mag dump with my G17 at 1,000 yards. Off hand.
    Ianthin, Bad Bob and Erich1B like this.

Ok .... I have checked out the gadget.. a bit more .. seems lime a solid concept ... I just carry OWB .. But I may get one for my 27 ...
    firefighterguy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    no thanks
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Striker Control Device user here. Had gone to a HK P30S for appendix carry reasons, but now that the Gadget finally shipped I have gotten back into Glocks. So far so good.

OD* and heymarv like this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Sponsored Links