Glock 26 or Glock 43? Can't Decide

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or Glock 43? Can't Decide within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have and carry a G19 Gen4, but want a smaller option also. I bought a Shield 9mm and sold it after a month........I just ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Glock 26 or Glock 43? Can't Decide

I have and carry a G19 Gen4, but want a smaller option also. I bought a Shield 9mm and sold it after a month........I just feel more comfortable with Glocks. I like the obvious advantages of both the G26 and the G43.

Anybody have the G26 and wish you had gotten the G43 and visa versa?

Senior Member Array condition1blog's Avatar
    The G26 only makes sense if you already have the g19 or G17.

Got a 43 about a month ago. Love it. Give one a try .
    crue2009 and Mardet65 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminBagger View Post
    I have and carry a G19 Gen4, but want a smaller option also. I bought a Shield 9mm and sold it after a month........I just feel more comfortable with Glocks. I like the obvious advantages of both the G26 and the G43.

Anybody have the G26 and wish you had gotten the G43 and visa versa?
    Close. I had a 43 and found I could carry my G27 nearly as easy as the 43. I still have a 9mm Shield that I do like to carry in shorts and t-shirt weather but I am more accurate with the Glocks.

Having said that, I don't think you would go wrong with the 43 but I think the 26 would be a better fit. Obviously you could use your 19 magazines as backups but you might also be able to share holsters as well.
    TruthBalance likes this.

I went to Glockmeister LGS. They showed me a holster with a G43 in it. I liked the holster and got one for my G26

I carry my G43 more often and more places than any other guns I've owned combined. And, I do this with any type of clothing I want wear.

It has been a revelation for me in the world of concealed carry. I shoot it well, too. I'll never be without it.

crue2009 and FlaRon like this.

Both are great guns.

I had the G43 and sold it because although it is a Glock, it is not like the other Glocks you are used to. The single stack thickness (or thinness, as it were) and slighter overall build make it a real subset of Glock. Even still the controls are the same. That said, I experienced a ton of FTF and FTE with the G43 due to the small frame and my shooting thumb inadvertently triggering the slide lock lever.

The G26 is just like the G19 with a shorter grip height, yet the hump in the G29 grip hits my hand in just the right place for good ergonomics and control. The G26 can accommodate your G19 mags if need be. With the proper holster, the G26 is very easily concealable, +4 extra rounds over the G43. Neither gun presents any recoil control issues, but the G26 will soak up hot 9mm ammo a little better.

As always, try to handle (and shoot if possible) each gun. They should both be pretty common in the rental cases at your range LGS.

Bottom line- you can't go wrong. After all, they are both Glocks.

It's come down to this, do you want more rounds pick G-26,If you want a single stack get the 43.Take the 26 and buy mag extension and your 26 will be the exact same size as 19.You have 18 rounds ready.

Senior Member Array Chickenrancher's Avatar
    I converted to a glock 43 from glock 19 and am very happy with it. I carry in a Galco classic lite shoulder holster and it conceals very nicely. I could even carry it in cargo pants pocket if I needed to.
    I W N C

Conceal: verb (used with object)1.to hide; withdraw or remove from observation; cover or keep from sight: When you conceal something, no one else knows you have it.

Well of both is not an option and you already have a 19 I would go with the 43. On the very rare occasion when you might not be able to conceal the 26 the 43 will work. Get both is the better answer tough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    ETXhiker and druryj like this.

I'm continually amazed that people, well-meaning folks, are still posting asking 'which gun to get' and saying nothing about themselves which would help. Not their age, hand size, gender, reason for carrying, threat level, I mean PICK SOMETHING and give people something to go on.

For a normal-sized male, 200lbs-ish, with a reasonable need for a side arm OF COURSE you should go no lower than a G26. It's super reliable, takes G17, G19 mags, it's a NO-BRAINER. But if something that size, to YOU, is a 'luggable', is pulling your pants down because you weigh 130lbs and are a small-framed female who lives in a relatively safe area, then maybe you should look elsewhere.

Remember folks, first on the list has to be 'WILL YOU carry it 18/7?' because if not it's hit and miss. Second is 'Reliability'. I'd even say Reliability is first, because if you have no confidence in your platform and your carry piece you WON'T be super-compelled to carry it.

Let's face it the G43 is not rock-solid reliable. Not like the G19/G26. You have to be willing to put up with shortcomings. NOW this is fine if you live in a very safe place and you just feel better carrying, heck get a Taurus or a Bursa, or an LCP, or a full-size 1911 in 10mm if that floats your boat, because you're 99% safe whether you carry it or not. It makes no difference if you're carrying a $4000.00 museum piece because you're never going to shoot it, the LEOs are never going to confiscate it.

It makes a difference, after you go beyond the first two. Third I'd put 'can you shoot it well', and what does that mean? (People say 'I shoot it well', but I suspect they mean it goes bang when the pull the trigger', lol).

If you're not good with firearms but you have a real need, then the best option for you might be pocket carry of a .357 Magnum revolver that you can use up close and which is unlikely to jam or ND/AD (unless you're a 130lb female).

Guys, it's IMPOSSIBLE to give a reasoned answer if you say nothing other that 'wut gun?'. All you're going to get are 'my favorite carry for me' replies. Try to be as specific as you can without divulging too much info to get you in jeopardy.

If you will ever pocket carry it, G43

Otherwise, G26

I carry a G30 plus a G43, but also have a G19 and a G26
    craze likes this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

my choice would be the G43- lighter,thinner and same overall size as the G26..if capacity concerns you,the Taran Tactical base pad gives you 7+1 without add much to the grip length..

I trust the reliability of the G26 more. It really isn't that much thicker, plus it's got at least 10+1 on tap, and it's reliability and accuracy equals it's big brothers. Personally, if I thought I would ever NEED it, I'd much rather be carrying the G26 over the G43.
    wheelyfun101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    Both are great guns.

I had the G43 and sold it because although it is a Glock, it is not like the other Glocks you are used to. The single stack thickness (or thinness, as it were) and slighter overall build make it a real subset of Glock. Even still the controls are the same. That said, I experienced a ton of FTF and FTE with the G43 due to the small frame and my shooting thumb inadvertently triggering the slide lock lever.

The G26 is just like the G19 with a shorter grip height, yet the hump in the G29 grip hits my hand in just the right place for good ergonomics and control. The G26 can accommodate your G19 mags if need be. With the proper holster, the G26 is very easily concealable, +4 extra rounds over the G43. Neither gun presents any recoil control issues, but the G26 will soak up hot 9mm ammo a little better.

As always, try to handle (and shoot if possible) each gun. They should both be pretty common in the rental cases at your range LGS.

Bottom line- you can't go wrong. After all, they are both Glocks.
    Great point...My wife wants her Texas LTC. And she really likes her G26 gen 3
    I asked her about the G43. She prefers being able to use my G17 or G19 magazines and does not want to give up capacity for thinness.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links