Bond Arms - Page 3

Bond Arms

This is a discussion on Bond Arms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Curious as to which has a stronger recoil: That Doubletap or a S&W Airweight j frame .38?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Bond Arms

Curious as to which has a stronger recoil:
    That Doubletap or a S&W Airweight j frame .38?

Always wanted the .410 model. I saw this Video a while back and it made me want one to go with my 1911. Say what you want but you can see this guy shoot at defensive distances on steel.

Image fom Bond Arms
    wizard7mm08 and Spark456 like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks all,

Hi everyone,
    I was the OP with the user name of Unkei, but screwed up and forgot my password! Then, when I tried to get the info..forum would not recognize my email! Anyhow, long story over..am now Lunger.
    Anyhow..thanks for all the replies! Still love my Bond Rms Snake Slayer! Just got a 4th barrel, a 44 Special, ala Elmer Keith!
    Cheers,
    Lunger (formerly Unkei)

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I think the 30/30 is pretty cool...not sure who makes it or who has enough cojones to shoot it.

I added a 2.5" BBL in 9mm and will say it easy to cell very easy to manage and fire accurately.

As far as the comparison to the airline J frame in 38 or 357 the Bond arms is far less recoil. In 357 s less recoil than the Ruger LCR.

These arms are certainly viable as SD weapon but you need to practice and I mean allot of practice.
    jstert likes this.

I carried a Herters .357 derringer in my survival vest all through Vietnam. Don't ask me why. I can't remember!
    There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It's really great. Gen. James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    I'll play.

"Snake slayer" implies the pistol will be available in a fractional second between when you recognize you are in striking distance of a snake and you can get to the pistol and fire in less time than you could just step back two steps and walk around the snake and be on your way. So presumably it is OWB or, even better, in a low-slung Buscadeo rig. I doubt it.

For defense (or snakes) at 22 ounces loaded you could be carrying a M&P Shield with 10 rounds of 9mm (MagGuts +1 follower). Two shots from a brick or 10 shots from a handgun. Hmmmmmmm?

I'll play to.

Sometimes you don't have the option of backing up and going around, thats speaking from experience. It would be quite easy to draw and fire before you could backup and go around. Course if you have ever fished in snake infested areas and actually had to draw and shoot a snake you would no this.

I would be quite comfortable with 2 shots of 45 colt over the 9mm shield, which I own by the way. Considering the 45 colt is a way better stopper than a 9mm bullet or two. JMO

My dad carry a derringer for years as his main gun. Its was a American derringer Legendary M-1 .45 Colt/.410. He has passed on sometime ago now it just setting in my safe. Looks just like this one

Name:  1a.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  39.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by InVegas View Post
    I'm also interested in that little cannon. If you purchase and put some rounds thru it I'd appreciate your review

I have friend that has one and I got to shoot it. It kills your hand to shoot it but for what it is you can hide it easy and its would be a great backup gun

I have a Texas Defender. First time I shot it my finger stung like hell, second time it flipped out of my hand, kind of embarrassing.
    After the first two mishaps I proceeded to shoot a half a box of .410 shells though it with no further problems.
    There is definitely a learning curve to shooting these. Yes they seem bit bulky for a derringer but require it for rounds it shoots.
    I would not consider this as a primary carry gun but it would serve quite well for a backup.
    Definitely a well built beautiful little pistol that is hoot to shoot once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    I have a Texas Defender. First time I shot it my finger stung like hell, second time it flipped out of my hand, kind of embarrassing.
    After the first two mishaps I proceeded to shoot a half a box of .410 shells though it with no further problems.
    There is definitely a learning curve to shooting these. Yes they seem bit bulky for a derringer but require it for rounds it shoots.
    I would not consider this as a primary carry gun but it would serve quite well for a backup.
    Definitely a well built beautiful little pistol that is hoot to shoot once you get the hang of it.
    I lied, mine is the "Cowboy"

Just pick up mine from my local FFL !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no denying the cool factor of the Bond arms guns. Very well made. I love the driving holster. I can reach the gun even while wearing a seat belt. All that said, you still have to deal with the heavy gun with only two shots and the stout recoil. I cannot imagine shooting that thing in the car like they show in their ads. It can be a fun gun with the right barrel. I have the .22 and the .45acp as well as the 45/410 that came with the gun. I want to add the 38/357 and the 9mm.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Bond also bought Boberg bullpup pistol company from MN. Will be interesting if they are able to refine it and get economies of scale to production. It will be a real interesting development in marketplace if they can.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post

I have looked at this derringer for a few weeks .. It comes in 9 mm and 45acp. .. I lean toward the 45 ACP
    friend has one in .45 after the first shot, he couldn't pay me enough to fire the second shot, just saying..........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links