Four Tiny Nines -- Which Will I Keep? - Page 5

Four Tiny Nines -- Which Will I Keep?

This is a discussion on Four Tiny Nines -- Which Will I Keep? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a P290RS that looks real pretty. I keep forgetting about it, though. Probably because I have three P938s that seem to find their ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Four Tiny Nines -- Which Will I Keep?

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    I have a P290RS that looks real pretty. I keep forgetting about it, though. Probably because I have three P938s that seem to find their way into my EDC. Too bad, because the P290RS is a DAO and is a fine shooter.

I'd keep that, and I'll take your 3913LS off your hands...
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIll View Post
    I would have picked the same two. I am a big fan of third gen Smith autos, but parts will only get more difficult find as time goes by.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I had a 39-2 many moons ago. What is the diff. with a 3rd gen. gun?

Thanks - Rick

I have a Kahr and like it, but I would keep the SIG
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

2 Glock 43's!
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

I would ask if you have put HP rounds through the Sig? I had a Rs and it would not feed HP consistently. If it does that is the gun I would keep.
    Mine was very accurate and comfortable to shoot.
    Good luck, Frank.

Your choices are the opposite of mine: I have a Sig P290RS that is the least favorite gun I have ever owned for a long list of reasons I have detailed on other threads. It is leaving my collection at some point. I admit I am a Glock hater, so I would not keep that. I don't think they are safe, as witnessed by the large number of NDs with striker-fired pistols. When people say the safety on a Glock is "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch," that lacks a certain level of sophistication for me. In fact, I find that saying downright childish. I have never thought of myself as having a booger hook and I was never trained that a gun has a "bang switch."

I think your S&W is the top of the heap for safety and reliability. Those are great guns. I am not a huge Kahr fan, but that PM9 is a nice sized pocket gun and I see yours has a safety. Those would be the two I would keep.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links