SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert - Page 11

SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert

This is a discussion on SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AzQkr Yes, I would and do all day long. I've never had a glock [ and I've sold a boatload of them ...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Yes, I would and do all day long. I've never had a glock [ and I've sold a boatload of them over 13 years or so ] come back having disintegrated itself. I've put near 200K through various glocks myself without an issue of self destruction.

Glock had an issue with ONE gun due to an unsupported chamber using 40S+W's. A design flaw that was corrected fairly quickly and some decade or more ago. The main concern for me is that the SCCY feels cheap in my hand, the glocks do not.
    I will absolutely defer to your knowledge of firearms since your experience is vastly superior to mine. Yes, Glocks are uber reliable, but every Glock I have held/shot felt like a cheap plastic toy. The point I was making is that SCCY's price automatically causes some to doubt them, just as the plastic toy feel of a Glock would turn people off (if not for their reputation and sales persons who rightfully recommend them).
    AzQkr likes this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ll, S&W M&P 15; Wife's: Sig P238, Rossi 38 Special, Remington 11-87 20G

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    I will absolutely defer to your knowledge of firearms since your experience is vastly superior to mine. Yes, Glocks are uber reliable, but every Glock I have held/shot felt like a cheap plastic toy. The point I was making is that SCCY's price automatically causes some to doubt them, just as the plastic toy feel of a Glock would turn people off (if not for their reputation and sales persons who rightfully recommend them).
    My airsoft G17's and G18 feel like cheap plastic toys, my glocks feel like true fighting pistols that use state of the art polymers.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

...but SCCY will not admit that.
    That seems to be standard practice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe SIG or Honor Defense ever publicly admitted to their recent drop safe issues.
    AzQkr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    But Bob ! Some of us LIKE mud huts and raw fish. Take OV, for example. And Brownie, when he rides his motorsickle to Alaska.
    I invented fire so I wouldn't have to eat raw fish. Some cultures still haven't learned to use fire to cook fish.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I invented fire so I wouldn't have to eat raw fish. Some cultures still haven't learned to use fire to cook fish.
    You invented fire? Figures.
    I don't eat bait, either.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    You invented fire? Figures.
    The day after I invented homeowners insurance, although the sales of it weren't very good on mud huts.
    Wavygravy and PJH like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    My airsoft G17's and G18 feel like cheap plastic toys, my glocks feel like true fighting pistols that use state of the art polymers.
    Yes finally...Someone said Polymer....Not plastic or Tupperware.
    Wavygravy and AzQkr like this.

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Some have also learned that a human cooked in a kettle with taters and roots is mighty tasty also....
    but i will take their word for it.

VIP Member
    I would much rather run your G18 than an SCCY.
    AzQkr likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Fair enough, OV. Let's not forget that even before you invented fire, you also invented dirt. You deserve full credit for both !
    Wavygravy and Bad Bob like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Sponsor
    So simple, even a cave man can do it LOL
    PhaedrusIV and Bad Bob like this.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

So, you're suggesting several people all over the US where this was happening bought the same ammo, from the same lot and happened to be shooting it in the exact same make/model pistol? Or possibly suggesting several different ammo makers had QC issues with their 9mm ammo, and they all ended up being shot in the same make model?

Like I said, possible, highly improbable. Based on the research, it was a number of guns that experienced the problem within a certain range of serial numbers. None outside that range reported similar experiences. SCCY outsourced barrel making, the general consensus was it was a faulty batch of barrels produced but SCCY will not admit that.
    Yes the barrel is most likely the cause, this time. I never said it was not. I just added that sometimes ammo is the cause.
    AzQkr likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

The main concern for me is that the SCCY feels cheap in my hand, the glocks do not.

Cheap polymer vs not cheap polymer the blind Browne challenge.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

So simple, even a cave man can do it LOL
    Sure he can . . . once I showed him how.
    AzQkr, Bad Bob and PhaedrusIV like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post

Cheap polymer vs not cheap polymer the blind Browne challenge.
    Ever picked up a cheap plastic object vs something more substantial made of a similar material and noticed the difference?

Think the original m16 with it's obviously inferior plastic hardware vs. todays polymers. One can readily discern the difference in the plastics/polymers used. LOL

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Sponsored Links