SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert - Page 12

SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert

This is a discussion on SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have one of those polymer/plastic rattle trap guns by a less than popular manufacturer according to the masses. Compared to all other guns i ...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree471Likes

Thread: SCCY CPX-2 blew up this morning in the desert

I have one of those polymer/plastic rattle trap guns by a less than popular manufacturer according to the masses.
    Compared to all other guns i own there is different grades of polymer used by manufacturers.
    AzQkr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Sure he can . . . once I showed him how.
    So, you showed a newbie "how it's done." Neat !

Did your invention of the wheel come before fire, or later, like when your liquor cabinet began running low ? (Assuming that has ever happened...)
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    So, you showed a newbie "how it's done." Neat !

Did your invention of the wheel come before fire, or later, like when your liquor cabinet began running low ? (Assuming that has ever happened...)
    The Curmudgeon says, "Dumb question...who uses a cabinet when Cold War bunkers are available?"

Name:  Storage.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  10.4 KB
    Name:  JBB truck.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  11.9 KB
    Bad Bob and PhaedrusIV like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Several models of Walther pistols are built with zinc slides, and one of them (PPK/S .22lr) even has a zinc frame. I mean, if we're going to talk about cheap crap, it doesn't get much cheaper or crappier than pot metal guns.
    AzQkr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Yes, I would and do all day long. I've never had a glock [ and I've sold a boatload of them over 13 years or so ] come back having disintegrated itself. I've put near 200K through various glocks myself without an issue of self destruction.

Glock had an issue with ONE gun due to an unsupported chamber using 40S+W's. A design flaw that was corrected fairly quickly and some decade or more ago. The main concern for me is that the SCCY feels cheap in my hand, the glocks do not. Like I mentioned, I can pick a gun up and discern quality/workmanship pretty quickly after near 50 years of owning hundreds of guns. The SCCY didn't give me a warm and fuzzy from handling it, it certainly didn't give me a warm and fuzzy when it exploded standing next to it.
    When the Glocks first came out in the 40 S&W a young man was doing run & gun with us. We saw how that weapon look and sounded when he fire it. He told us not to worry about it. On the stage 2 he blew the slide off. The barrel was split and slide was crack. Part of the trouble was he was trying to make a 10mm out of it, with his reloads.
    AzQkr and Bad Bob like this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    Several models of Walther pistols are built with zinc slides, and one of them (PPK/S .22lr) even has a zinc frame. I mean, if we're going to talk about cheap crap, it doesn't get much cheaper or crappier than pot metal guns.
    I believe (Correct me if i am wrong)....The cheap Walther stuff is made by Umarex?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I believe (Correct me if i am wrong)....The cheap Walther stuff is made by Umarex?
    That's what I've read, but I don't know for sure.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    Nor would I carry the S+W made Walther PP series of pistols at the shop. S+W redesigned some internals while adding the beavertail and there were far too many reports of problems with those guns. I'd order one if you wanted one paid for up front with the warning of problems, people still ordered them.

I'm was an equal opportunity ffl. Keeping a pulse on current issues as reported by customers on forums kept me from keeping guns for sale in the cases that represented too high a risk that it would be returned by a PO'd customer.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Sponsor
    The Walther 22's in the guise of a 1911 are made my Umarex [ along with some other guns ], the ppk 22's aren't made by Umarex [ AFAIK ].. My Walther 22 pp series was made in the 80's and has a steel slide/frame. Solid as a rock, I had a PP barrel put on the gun [ they are a press fit ] and then had the barrel end threaded for the 22 can in 1/2x28 thread.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

I used to think all polymer was the same...until I picked up an HK. It is different, somehow denser and more solid feeling like the difference between a quality roto-molded kayak and a cheap fused-halves Walmart kayak. They both float but, when I was out a few miles from shore on the ocean I choose the higher quality stuff. When it matters most its worth the price difference.
    AzQkr, Wavygravy and PJH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    When the Glocks first came out in the 40 S&W a young man was doing run & gun with us. We saw how that weapon look and sounded when he fire it. He told us not to worry about it. On the stage 2 he blew the slide off. The barrel was split and slide was crack. Part of the trouble was he was trying to make a 10mm out of it, with his reloads.
    Most commercial 10mm loads are not any hotter than good 40 ammo.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Most commercial 10mm loads are not any hotter than good 40 ammo.
    His loads were his reloads, not factory. In the old days, Corbon had some nice loads for a 10mm.
    OD* and Bad Bob like this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    The Walther 22's in the guise of a 1911 are made my Umarex [ along with some other guns ], the ppk 22's aren't made by Umarex [ AFAIK ].. My Walther 22 pp series was made in the 80's and has a steel slide/frame. Solid as a rock, I had a PP barrel put on the gun [ they are a press fit ] and then had the barrel end threaded for the 22 can in 1/2x28 thread.
    I thought i seen somewhere the CCP was Umarex also??

Sponsor
    I thought i seen somewhere the CCP was Umarex also??
    It may well be. I'd buy nothing Umarex personally based on seeing/handling their products

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I used to think all polymer was the same...until I picked up an HK. It is different, somehow denser and more solid feeling like the difference between a quality roto-molded kayak and a cheap fused-halves Walmart kayak. They both float but, when I was out a few miles from shore on the ocean I choose the higher quality stuff. When it matters most its worth the price difference.
    And there is Sig polymer. I know a guy that can trash the frame on a 320 with an energetic practice session. He shoots for the Sig team.
    OD*, AzQkr and Cornhusker95 like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Sponsored Links