How many in your EDC Stable? - Page 4

How many in your EDC Stable?

This is a discussion on How many in your EDC Stable? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; County limited to 3. Small, Medium and Large...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: How many in your EDC Stable?

County limited to 3. Small, Medium and Large
    Linejudgemick and Denverjay like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake45
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms--That shouldn't be a federal agency, that should be a convenience store chain.
    Paul

I guess I'm at 4. Primarily my M&P9c, but if I need a smaller one, my G42, if I feel the need for more gun, either my G22 or 4.25" M&P9Pro.

I have had two handguns for carry . small and large but size still changes with time . First was a snub nose 38 and a firestart m40 , then a cm9 and tp40 and now a 3" 1911 and a sig p320 compact . The others are still in my safe with many other fun or hunting hands and rifles or with family for carry .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I started with a G23 then I went to a 1911 officer model now I am carrying a P320 in .40

How many in your EDC Stable?

Unfortunately, only one....Shield 9mm. I do really like it as my EDC, though.

Some of you guys, just wow.
    slayer61 likes this.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaKoncepts View Post
    My thoughts: I carry the same firearm, in the same mode of readiness, in the same place, almost all the time. The only time I deviate from this is when I MUST off body carry. All other times I favor consistency and familiarity.

In a high stress situation where you have only time to react and not time to think, I want my actions to be completely reflexive. You may have heard "the man with two guns needs to train twice as much." That's pretty much the truth. Your mid brain takes over when put in a flight or fight scenario and the mid brain is reflexive - your mid brain is not good at thinking and doesn't think well and the lack of familiarity, the forced need to make a decision, will slow down your actions.
    This x1000.

I used to have 4 different carry guns and two modes of carry (aiwb and pocket carry). My guns were all different brands. About 6 months ago I decided to commit to one brand (glocks) and 1 carry gun. I sold all my guns and kept the g19 and bought a 26. My shooting has taken off since I switched to the 19 full time. I carry it 95% of the time.

Training and shooting with one gun has made me a much better shooter. Trying to master 4 triggers is impossible for me and my budget of money and time.

I realized the risk involved with multiple carry positions. The potential to reach for a position I wasn't carrying at was there. Even the fraction of a second spent in remembering if I was pocket carrying or aiwb could be the difference in life or death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    glockcoma and Rainsong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    This x1000.

I used to have 4 different carry guns and two modes of carry (aiwb and pocket carry). My guns were all different brands. About 6 months ago I decided to commit to one brand (glocks) and 1 carry gun. I sold all my guns and kept the g19 and bought a 26. My shooting has taken off since I switched to the 19 full time. I carry it 95% of the time.

Training and shooting with one gun has made me a much better shooter. Trying to master 4 triggers is impossible for me and my budget of money and time.

I realized the risk involved with multiple carry positions. The potential to reach for a position I wasn't carrying at was there. Even the fraction of a second spent in remembering if I was pocket carrying or aiwb could be the difference in life or death.

So which carry method did you stick with? I assume AIWB with your mention of the G19.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodie2 View Post
    So which carry method did you stick with? I assume AIWB with your mention of the G19.
    Sorry I should've mentioned that. Yes, I went with aiwb.

glockcoma likes this.

I've narrowed it down to 3 dedicated firearms:
    Glock 17~ 90% of the time.
    Glock 26~ When I cannot hide the 17.
    Smith 642~ When it has to be super discreet.

I've been looking into carrying my Range officer Champ in 9mm, but have to get a good holster first.
    Beyond that, the handguns above are all pull and shoot.
    I'll have to train with the 1911 and the safety vigorously on the draw before carrying the gun.
    “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
    ― Mark Twain

Use your head for more than a hat rack.

After owning 3 M&Ps, a couple CZs, and the G43,, with triggers gone bad

I know that it's a good idea to keep one or two extras in the rotation.

My SP-101 will probably get a GP-100 Wiley Clapp or a Match Champion
    as a big brother by year's end.

I'm not sure if my PPS will get a PPQ M2 or a PPQ .45 for a companion.

I do know how the Rugers fit, but have never handled the bigger Walthers.

As for MOD 2 pistols, I plan on adding a 5 inch TACTICAL when they offer them
    in FDE. It will join my other MOD 2 pistols that have been very good so far.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    I have over 30 handguns out of those 6 are revolvers, have 5 to 6 in my carry rotation, don't carry the revolvers though.
    Rhodie2 likes this.

Glock 19, with a Kel-Tec PF9 as a backup and for when I need to be really discrete.

Glock 21 and a 22 for home/house guns, plus a relatively new AR added to the stable about a month ago for when the zombie apocalypse comes my way.

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Over the years, I've carried a variety of handguns. I guess I was always been looking one that was "just right." Well, I decided that there isn't one that is just right, but several that can be the right choice at certain times. Today, depending in the situation (season, clothing, destination, time away from home, and so on) I might carry an LCP (380), Colt CCO (45 auto), Sig P938 or 320 compact (both 9mm). I've carried the CCO the longest of the group, and tend to prefer it still, but I've grown to like the increased capacity of the P320.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

I used to have two EDC, now Im just down to one. My CZ.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

All .45 autos.
    3" - 5"
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links