How many in your EDC Stable? - Page 5

How many in your EDC Stable?

This is a discussion on How many in your EDC Stable? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 14.........

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: How many in your EDC Stable?

Honestly, probably TOO many. But, well, you know...

One thousand nine hundred eleven.
    Haywood and texasBB like this.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I live in a warm climate so no full size here. In order of size KahrPM9, G27, Sig P320 subcompact, Sig P320 compact

I basically have 4 ccw guns. My 229 .40, 226 .40, PPS .40, and my Sp101 .357. As I mentioned before the sp101 doesn't see a lot of carry anymore but there are times I feel like carrying it. The PPS is more or less my lazy day gun. I originally bought the PPS as a bug but haven't found a way I like to carry it in that role yet.

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Of the handguns we own, these are the ones we carry: for me, a Colt Lightweight Commander in 45 ACP, or a Glock 43. Wife has a Kimber Micro Carry, 380 ACP. For the house, as far as pistols, there's always a Colt Government Model near at hand, and a couple of others we can get to pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 as of late,
    Para Expert Commander
    Charter Arms Bulldog
    Keltec P32, if deep concealment is required.
    Semper Fi

Hmmm...I have a number of sidearms that I have carried and occasionally carry. But a smaller core that I generally CCW. Most of the time I carry an HK P2000 in 9mm. If it's really really hot out and I'm dressing way down I'll sometimes opt for my Beretta Nano. When it's cool enough that I'm wearing more layers I'll often go with an HK P30S or VP9. On occasion I'll carry my USPf9. If I'm feeling nostalgic I have my BHP. And on very rare occasion I may carry a Ruger LCR if I'm just running to the store.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    I keep seeing people say, "when it's hot I'll carry _______"

How much does your wardrobe change that it doesn't allow you to carry your normal carry gun?

I just throw on a tank top and shorts and still wear my normal carry gun. I just have to be a little more selective with the shirts I wear.

Haywood and Mike1956 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I keep seeing people say, "when it's hot I'll carry _______"

How much does your wardrobe change that it doesn't allow you to carry your normal carry gun?

I just throw on a tank top and shorts and still wear my normal carry gun. I just have to be a little more selective with the shirts I wear.

I carry the same guns no matter what the weather. My main gun is AIWB under a untucked shirt. I haven't tucked in a shirt since 2004. I've carried a Glock 21 to a J-Frame.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

I currently have 2 EDC pistols in my rotation. 1. a 9mm Springfield XD Mod 2 Subcompact 3" in FDE and 2. a S&W j frame 642. I bought the Mod 2 to have more shots available than just 5 in the revolver. I am currently researching another purchase. It will be either a Springfield XDS in 9 mm or a S&W Shield in 9mm. Both will give me more shots than the revolver and will be compatible with the ammo in the Mod 2. That's a win/win.

The 642 will become my truck gun.

Joe

Senior Member Array Grantspastor's Avatar

How many in your EDC Stable?

Six pistols and two revolvers. Mostly rotate between three

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Nebraska12's Avatar
    3 in my rotation. Shield 9mm, M&P40c, and an ATI Commander 1911 .45.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'

“The Second Amendment is timeless for our Founders grasped that self-defense is three-fold: every free individual must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.”
    ― Tiffany Madison

Three. 229 with .40 and 9mm slides, 938 and LCP. Mostly carry the 938. LCP when running or deep conceal. 229 for HD but could start carrying it more often. My guns get drenched in sweat every day to give you an idea of the heat. 938 is great, the 6 round mag makes it close to the LCP for IWB, and stainless slide that doesn't rust if I forget to wipe it down.

I don't really consider it a rotation, but there are three guns I carry regularly nowadays, a Kahr PM9, HK 2000SK (LEM) .40 or a Ruger LCP Custom. The other guns I have, which are mostly larger, are for the range or home defense.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links