Gave taurus a chance - Page 2

Gave taurus a chance

This is a discussion on Gave taurus a chance within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 5lima30ret I have been disappointed by Taurus twice (both were not used as defensive handguns) and it will never happen again! Just ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Gave taurus a chance

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I have been disappointed by Taurus twice (both were not used as defensive handguns) and it will never happen again! Just my .02 worth!
    I got burned once, and that was enough for me.
    5lima30ret and Gunner3126 like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATER View Post
    whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .
    then go to a Taurus forum where you can all sing the praises of a substandard gun manufacturer.

Why are Taurus fanboys so adamant about the quality of their budget guns?

Several years ago Taurus came out with their over rated 709 which I bought against my better judgement. The frame cracked about 600 rounds and they replaced it. I belong to a very large gun club, posted it for sale and no response. Taurus is manure around there. I got lucky and someone bought it.
    Shoot - Don't Talk
    Beware of man with one gun.
    Remember the first rule of gun fighting ... have a gun."
    Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he will just kill you
    What's in my holster? It's a Bersa
    Certified Armed Itralian

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    OP Have you tried some different ammo? I never owned a Taurus but I had a 22mag LCR that would lock up after 5 rounds of sellier and bellot. I switched to cci ammo and it runs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I got burned once, and that was enough for me.
    I guess I'm a slow learner
    Taurahe likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by casurvivor View Post
    funny yours work, at the range an old man, well about my age, came to my booth with a PT 1911 and said, fire 5-6 rounds and stopped shooting and it is just back from Taurus service, when I looked at it, the hammer had broken off right were the key goes.
    I got it as a gift actually, I don't know how many rounds had gone through it before that but probably not that many. The first time out it had a couple of failures. After I took it apart and cleaned it up, changed the springs and mags, I haven't had a failure yet. Probably only put about 1000 rounds through it so far but I haven't had a single problem with it since

i would trust it with my life

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    I would never use that dealer again.
    Yep, that dealer should be losing at least one customer. All three of the dealers I use will handle any warranty issues at no cost to me if I buy the gun new from them. One even offers a full lifetime warranty on all guns they sell, new or used. For them to tell you you're SOL is poor customer service at best.
    Czombie and hkusp9f like this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

VIP Member
    whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .
    A guy in a lane next to me was shooting a single stack Taurus 9mm, not sure what model. About every three rounds it would eject the magazine. Three different people tried three different magazines with the same result.

But I'm probably just making it up. Whatever.
    Shootnlead, Taurahe and Texas Red like this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

He thought Taurus would be good.
    Gave them another chance.
    Didn't turn out like it should.
    End of Taurus romance.

Ianthin, halem1, Taurahe and 3 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

My only Taurus at this moment is the PT92AR-this pistol has been flawless.I have owned several of their pistols and most of them worked but not the best quality I would say.I owned a PT1911AR for a couple of years that also worked well and didn't fall apart.I think that the model of the pistol is the very culprit-It seems that if a problem arises a lot of the time it's a revolver.
    THE CROW

I've had 11 Taurus Revolvers. Sent 2 for repair. Both fixed first time. I paid for the fist one I shipped secondtime they paid. I've had a lot of Smith & Weson Revolvers had to send 1 for repair. They paid to ship. It didn't take more than 2 weeks and was fixed the first time. Then along came the Para Ordnance. First and last. Sent it back 4 times. I paid once. They never could fix it. They finally replaced it with a new one. I was so over it by this time I sold the new one as soon as I got it to make my money back. I think anybody can get a bad gun.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Yeah cause the OP has nothing better to do.

"Just blame Sixto"

I reserve the right to make fun, point and laugh etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    The door opens the same way you came through it good sir. You are not held here hostage, but of your own free will. If the expression of personal sentiment towards taurus bothers you so much, feel free to seek solace in the arms of the guys and gals on the taurus forum. Whining about it here will get you nowhere.
    yeah i get it ,but it gets really old the same post again and again .TAURUS bad this and TAURUS bad that .the OP states he has several other revolvers at his disposal so yeah it appears he does have nothing better to do. and i also am aware of the way the door swings .why dont you tell us all how your 1911 cant be beat .well the fact is not everyone can afford a 1911.and another fact is if you was staring into the muzzle of one i really dont think you would be debating if it was gonna go bang or not .and SIXTO ive read a few times where you yourself have stated if its alll he can afford then its better then nothing .shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    then go to a Taurus forum where you can all sing the praises of a substandard gun manufacturer.

Why are Taurus fanboys so adamant about the quality of their budget guns?
    I have said this on other threads, but I will repeat it because it seems to answer your question. I have a relative, who is also a good friend, who is a major gun distributor. He sells to police departments and major retailers, all wholesale stuff. He distributed Taurus for several years, but dropped them a few years ago.

His take is that Taurus has made some great designs, as good as any brand out there and they have done some high quality manufacturing, as good as any brand out there. But they also routinely fail in both areas. It's like Forest Gump's box of chocolates, "You never know what you're going to get." A new design might come out and be great...for the first production run. Then they move it to another factory and it's bad. Or, they may have a new design that's bad, but they figure out a fix and then it's OK. His frustration was that he could never depend on them and their customer service, even for the distributors, was bad.

So if you've got a good Taurus, it's a good gun. Be proud of it. But also count yourself lucky and hope you never need the factory to fix it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Love those Taurus Revolvers!

I've bought them new, I've bought them used. All of them work great. Now, I've got a 85 in stainless a 94 also in stainless, and a blue 856. Thousands and thousands of rounds with nary a hiccup.

A friend of mine liked my 85 so much that she bought one for herself. After a few boxes of 38 specials, it began to bind. It went back to the factory on their dime, and came back post paid. It was fixed for free and has been working great for almost 25 years now.

These things happen to all gun manufacturers. Smith & Wesson, Colt, Ruger - all of them let bad guns slip through now and then. I believe that Taurus products are bashed by dedicated lovers of some other brand that do so in order to justify much higher prices for a slightly nicer finished product.

I love my Taurus revolvers because I can carry them and shoot them and let them get worn and speckled while my real pretty Smiths stay nice and safe in the safe.

To a Chevy man, all Fords suck - no matter how many times he has to repair his beloved Chevy.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links