Gave taurus a chance - Page 5

Gave taurus a chance

This is a discussion on Gave taurus a chance within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by czombie i would never use that dealer again. EXACTLY. That being said, My 1st 1911 was a Taurus. It was the only ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Gave taurus a chance

Quote Originally Posted by czombie View Post
    i would never use that dealer again.
    EXACTLY.

That being said, My 1st 1911 was a Taurus. It was the only Taurus I've owned but never had an issue from round 1.

Good Luck.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

i have a little taurus 85, it is a good gun goes bang every time.
    sure i do not take it out much, the only "trouble" i have had was cause it was dry. was sitting in the safe for many years.
    it is a rebated hammer in ss so not really a carry gun. my s&w 640 is a carry gun so light like its not there.
    i am not a fan of s&w cause of the cost, do not like paying over pricing just for a name.
    but i do own two wheel guns (640 , 686-pre lockin ss) made by them and love them both.
    only the one taurus. but then without digging into the safe i know there are at least 5 other wheel guns in there. make model?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    Big difference here is Ruger will stand behind everything they've ever made, no matter how many owners it's had or what kind of work has been done to it.
    Nope, they claim its the ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a soft spot for Taurus. When I was fresh out of the Military with a family to support and protect I wanted to get a gun that was affordable, easy for my wife who had no weapons training to use, and that was easy to hide. The plain old Taurus 85 fit all those criteria. I know the whole argument to save the extra xxx amount of dollars and get an xxx. But when you are just starting out trying to make your way in the world its hard to save those extra dollars. Something always seems to happen, you need new tires, the hot water heater goes out etc etc etc………. So when I had the 300 on hand I had to just go out and get me a pistol. The Taurus 85 has never given us any problems and we have put a lot of rounds through it. It also got my wife excited about firearms, she loves to go shoot now and she will not let me sell our first gun the Taurus 85. I will admit that now when I look to purchase a new firearm Taurus doesn't even cross my mind but I have to hand it to that little snub 38 it has been a great gun for us and we both still carry it to this day. For people that are in a similar situation as we were and are looking for a good reliable gun that is well… cheap I always recommend the Taurus 85.

Update after many calls I got a real person on the phone. They emailed me a shipping label prepaid. It is off to Taurus 5 to 6 weeks. Time will tell, I hope they can fix it right.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Update after many calls I got a real person on the phone. They emailed me a shipping label prepaid. It is off to Taurus 5 to 6 weeks. Time will tell, I hope they can fix it right.
    Let us know it works out!

Funny, I traded a Rossi .38 I liked for a well used 709 slim. I have enjoyed the little 9mm. It shoots most brands and bullet styles. Have had a few new Tauri and all were bad. So from now on I'll let someone else break them (in) first.

Shot placement is everything.
    Its not so much how many rounds you shoot, but where they stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATER View Post
    whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .
    Yeah nobody could ever have a legitimate complaint about a company with a well documented history of similar problems.
    MIKECIB and Havok like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My experience with Taurus handguns.

Taurus Semi Auto=Junk
    Taurus Older model Revolvers=Junk
    Taurus Newer model Revolvers=Pretty good Product with no complaints.

I've bought or traded for several Taurus semi-autos. They were all jamomatics. I have two new Taurus revolvers. A 22LR and a 5 shot 9mm. They have been perfect for several years now and I feel very lucky about that. I don't think I would try a Taurus revolver with any signifigant recoil. There is noway on earth I would trust my life with any Taurus semi-auto.
    "Now go ahead and say something stupid!"

Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Update number 2. The 85 poly is back in my hands already. came FEDEX today. They said the timing was off they adjusted it. It works right now. I was expecting the full 6 weeks. It took one week.
    Rainsong, AnthonyC and RebelSoul like this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    My experience with Taurus handguns.
    Taurus Newer model Revolvers=Pretty good Product with no complaints.
    WRONG...junk, too...got the proof in my safe...x2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    WRONG...junk, too...got the proof in my safe...x2.
    I clearly stated "my experience". Not yours. How can I be wrong? I think I was pretty clear that I'm not a Taurus fan but I'm not going to lie about my experience just to bash them. There is plenty of information out there for any would be buyer of a Taurus product to make an informed decision on their purchase.
    RebelSoul and AZRooster like this.
    "Now go ahead and say something stupid!"

Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by krunchnik View Post
    My only Taurus at this moment is the PT92AR-this pistol has been flawless.I have owned several of their pistols and most of them worked but not the best quality I would say.I owned a PT1911AR for a couple of years that also worked well and didn't fall apart.I think that the model of the pistol is the very culprit-It seems that if a problem arises a lot of the time it's a revolver.
    Worked well and didn't fall apart! Not exactly how I would want to describe a firearm that I might have to depend on to save my life in a self defense situation! I don't own any Taurus guns. Never have and never will.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    Some Taurus's (Tauri?) like the TCP ARE made in the USA. I guess I am a fluke since the TCP I have has 1500 rds through it with nary a jam. I did have the trigger break about a year ago but a quick trip to the factory (3 weeks portal to portal) and it has run fine ever since. It does seem I'm the exception rather than the rule as even people on the Taurus forum have complained about their guns taking forever to get back. I have contemplating getting a backup up of some kind, perhaps an LCP or Kahr CW380 but, I've read they can have their problems as well and expecially the Kahr is considerably more expensive not to have glowing reviews.
    One thing those 2 have over Taurus is if something does go wrong, THEY will pay the shipping back, Taurus will not.
    1500 round is not a lot of rounds to put through a weapon. I bought a Ruger 9E on December 5, 2015 haven't carried it since the weather got warm ( around April, May ) and I put well over 5000 round through it. I bought a Kel-Tec PF9 in May, that has over 2000 rounds through it. A weapon having to go back to the factory for a pretty major repair after only 1500 rounds is not s very good record
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

I started this thread to state my experience not to bash Taurus. The weapon fail almost right away was not a good experience. Taurus warranty information on line was not correct. However once I got them on the phone things went much better than I could have ever expected.
    I own a Taurus 669 6 inch SS 357 that we have had for over 25 years that I can remember. It has taken several deer and never failed for any reason. Granted likely not more than 500 rounds in it's life. Just not a weapon there is any real reason to shoot often. For years my land was in a shot gun only zone. However we were allowed to use hand guns . The Taurus got drafted for the job. With a change in the zones some years back we are not restricted to shot gun any more.
    At about half the cost I do not expect Taurus to match up to the Rugers ,S&W or Colts we own. I did not purchase the 85 Poly because it was low cost. At this point in our life we can with in reason afford what we want. My wife liked the way it felt in her hand and the front sight. Her S&W while a quality fire arm was not working out for her. As I stated the 85 poly fit her needs and she shot it well right out of the box. Bet her and I will put it to the test. CC is not something you want a questionable weapon to cover.
    For those that are interested I will let you know how it works out as time goes by. Looking forward to a hour or so out back with my wife tomorrow some time and put a few boxes down range.
    1 week turn around for a warranty repair is not bad for any manufacture in fact kind of amazing. So IMO score one for Taurus.
    Haywood and RebelSoul like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links