Gave taurus a chance

Gave taurus a chance

This is a discussion on Gave taurus a chance within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A lot of time has gone by. I figured Taurus had time to improve. I was wrong. Picked up a 85 Poly liked it's feel ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Gave taurus a chance

Gave taurus a chance

A lot of time has gone by. I figured Taurus had time to improve. I was wrong. Picked up a 85 Poly liked it's feel and size so I purchased it new from a LGS.
    First 10 rounds standard 38 special it was amazing. Then cylinder locks up. every 3-5 rounds. cleaned it again , no help. I tried and tried to contact Taurus , no luck. Their book says I must pay to return it and they want it shipped by a FFL dealer. LGS I purchased it from will not get involved . Said they learned their lesson with Taurus a warranty issues. Live and learn I guess. May end up making some wall art out of it.
    I own a few Ruger and S&W revolvers so it not like I really need another one.
    Your money and time if you choose to purchase Taurus good luck.
    5lima30ret and SpringerXD like this.

I would never use that dealer again.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I feel your pain...on Taurus and your dealer.

Folks call me a Taurus basher...well, I am and I have damn well paid for the right to be one. I have Taurus revolvers in my safe, right now, that were bought brand new and immediately had problems...one was on the very first cylinder of rounds through the gun. When I contacted Taurus...was told that I would have to return on my dime. This is poor, poor policy...but it was returned at my expense...only to be sent back with other problems. The other has repeatedly failed to lock-up and they seem to be unable to resolve.

They are junk...

However, I do have a (Taurus) Rossi 92 .357mag lever that has been flawless for the 3 months that I have had it(LOTS of rounds through it)... I really struggled with giving Taurus any more of my money. But, I will say with absolute certainty that they will never get another cent from me for a handgun.
    Last edited by Shootnlead; July 24th, 2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Smitty901 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

If the dealer doesn't want to deal with Taurus, maybe they shouldn't be a Taurus dealer?!

I'm not a big fan of Taurus myself, but I do have a PT1911 that has performed flawlessly for me, other than the rear sight came loose when shooting and gradually moved to the left. Drove me nuts until I finally noticed what was happening
    Taurahe likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    If the dealer doesn't want to deal with Taurus, they shouldn't sell Taurus then.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt1993 View Post
    If the dealer doesn't want to deal with Taurus, maybe they shouldn't be a Taurus dealer?!

I'm not a big fan of Taurus myself, but I do have a PT1911 that has performed flawlessly for me, other than the rear sight came loose when shooting and gradually moved to the left. Drove me nuts until I finally noticed what was happening
    funny yours work, at the range an old man, well about my age, came to my booth with a PT 1911 and said, fire 5-6 rounds and stopped shooting and it is just back from Taurus service, when I looked at it, the hammer had broken off right were the key goes.

I had a 454 casull talking about something that wasn't fun to shoot. After shooting it your hand knew it.
    But it wasn't bad gun. I have never had bad Taurus

whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .

Go here and see what the poster did to fix his "Poly":

Protector poly 85 issue and fixed.

Oooops...I now see you have already read that posting but for others, it might be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATER View Post
    whatever, sounds made up just to bash TAURUS again this sight is famous for it . like i said WHATEVER .
    Here It is next to one of my S&W. I really wanted it to work the weapon feels great in hand and the trigger was great for a revolver when it worked. Except for the S&W goes bang every time with out fail , the 85 fit much better in many ways.
    Gave taurus a chance-85poly-1-.jpg
    5lima30ret and Ianthin like this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Here It is next to one of my S&W. I really wanted it to work the weapon feels great in hand and the trigger was great for a revolver when it worked. Except for the S&W goes bang every time with out fail , the 85 fit much better in many ways.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85poly (1).jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	147610
    The king of grammar was probably posting about my post...
    Texas Red likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I have owned ONE in my life....a Model 85 .38 snub....thing is, it was fine and I had over 8,000 rounds thru it...
    but I sold it to a co-worker. I would NOT however tend to trust buying another one. I was lucky....but Im not gonna
    push it.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "The great object is that every man be armed."
    Patrick Henry

NRA Benefactor Member
    USCG Veteran

I have been disappointed by Taurus twice (both were not used as defensive handguns) and it will never happen again! Just my .02 worth!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

My wife and I have two Taurus revolvers (605 and 650), and I have a PT1911. None has ever given us a problem. However, I have seen what other people go through with Taurus Customer Service when they do have a problem. As a result, I will not take the risk of ever buying another Taurus product.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
    "Never mistake motion for action" - Benjamin Franklin
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATER View Post

The door opens the same way you came through it good sir. You are not held here hostage, but of your own free will. If the expression of personal sentiment towards taurus bothers you so much, feel free to seek solace in the arms of the guys and gals on the taurus forum. Whining about it here will get you nowhere.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links