Gen 4 Glock 19 problem

Gen 4 Glock 19 problem

This is a discussion on Gen 4 Glock 19 problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I put 300 rounds through my Gen 4 G19. Today I went to clean my gun and noticed a pin protruding almost completely from ...

Thread: Gen 4 Glock 19 problem

Gen 4 Glock 19 problem

Yesterday I put 300 rounds through my Gen 4 G19. Today I went to clean my gun and noticed a pin protruding almost completely from the frame. I put the pin back I. It's place but now the trigger feels extremely gritty and creepy. Almost as if the trigger return spring is broken, perhaps? I'll try attaching a picture of which pin came out. Has anyone else ever had this occur? This gun has less than 1500 rounds though it so I'm a little surprised.

Gen 4 Glock 19 problem-image.jpg
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Distinguished Member Array nlyric's Avatar
    Don't know! Surprised you didn't notice this at the range. When you put it back in, did you make sure the slide release spring was under that pin?
    Hard for us to know much without seeing the gun...
    "It's almost like a right, except without the pesky Liberty"
    Author unknown.....

Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    Yesterday I put 300 rounds through my Gen 4 G19. Today I went to clean my gun and noticed a pin protruding almost completely from the frame. I put the pin back I. It's place but now the trigger feels extremely gritty and creepy. Almost as if the trigger return spring is broken, perhaps? I'll try attaching a picture of which pin came out. Has anyone else ever had this occur? This gun has less than 1500 rounds though it so I'm a little surprised.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	153633
    I'm almost positive it's the Slide Lock spring. Take the slide off and give it a look. This would be a very abnormal failure but one that would be easy to fix.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

That looks like the mounting block pin. It can break and you'd never realize until a detail strip. Get it checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming pin next to slide? Looks like it's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by dtordahl View Post
    I'm almost positive it's the Slide Lock spring. Take the slide off and give it a look. This would be a very abnormal failure but one that would be easy to fix.
    Wonder if you meant to say the slide release lever spring. If the slide lock spring broke the slide lock (often called the take down lever in other pistols) would probably have dropped out.

That locking block pin needs to go in before the slide stop and the trigger pin. Sounds like the slide stop spring is out of place and possibly mangled and/or hanging up on the trigger bar? Hard to guess without being there. Watch a youtube video on how to detail strip the frame and put it back together or push the pin back out and hold the slide stop spring down as you push the pin back in. As stated above the spring arm needs to sit below that pin.

The nice thing about Glocks is you don't have to be a gunsmith to fix most things. You're going to have to take the slide off the frame and look things over. If the locking block pin came out and you just pushed it back in it's pretty certain the slide release spring is out of place now at least. You are probably going to have to take out the trigger pin, put the slide release in place making sure the spring goes under the locking block pin and then put the trigger pin back in. Put your slide back on and function test the gun.

It's a good time for you to get a manual or a you tube video and educate yourself on how the frame disassembles and reassembles.
    Hawthorne

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    if it was the bottom pin, that is the slide lock pin and it has a grove where the slide stop rest to prevent it from walking out, make sure the slide spring is under the top pin and the slide stop resting on the grove.

So...is it fixed?!

Sponsored Links