Da/SA vs Striker pistol for home defense - Page 3

Da/SA vs Striker pistol for home defense

This is a discussion on Da/SA vs Striker pistol for home defense within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by judgecrater That is exactly how I keep my Glocks, ready for night time action. Originally Posted by casurvivor with the event of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Da/SA vs Striker pistol for home defense

Quote Originally Posted by judgecrater View Post
    That is exactly how I keep my Glocks, ready for night time action.
    Quote Originally Posted by casurvivor View Post
    with the event of Kydex holsters that you can leave a gun holstered without the risk of the leather attracting moist and rusting the gun, that is the way to go, my bedside sidearm is the same I was carrying that day, could be a 1911, DA/SA or a striker fired gun, it gets handle every day so the chances of rusting is minimum, if I have to leave it holstered for a long time is Kydex then.
    My Glock 19, or 23, and my M&P 40c live in a kydex holster; a Fobus Evolution belt unit. The M&P 9c is in a very nice DeSantis Mini Scabbard leather holster. Both of these holsters take two hands to remove the gun when not on my person so that is very good when suddenly awakening. Also very safe.
    ca survivor likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    ...but not all.
    That is true. Hammer fired DAO's, such as the Ruger LCP and the Kel-Tec P-11, are not only true DAO's but also have second strike capability.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Why not have both? Walther P99 AS is a DA/SA striker fired with a decocker. Excellent quality and ergonomics. Love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by philly01 View Post
    I go back and forth on this and would like others input. I shoot both systems well. Strikers make total sense to me but I still feel the DA/SA provides a margin of safety in the heat of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess that would depend. My preference for a night table pistol is an SA (only) 1911, cocked and locked. In the heat of the night, with a DA/SA pistol, your first shot is a harder trigger pull (and likely a flyer) with the remaining shots a consistent lighter trigger pull.

For CCW, beginners, sleepy shooters or less than expert marksman, DAO IMO is a good trade off. The trigger pull is somewhat harder than an SA but all shots are the same. Many DAO pistols don't have a manual safety and don't need really one.

Unless you are considering a revolver, I'd be looking at a DAO pistol or a variant such as Glock's Safe Action trigger.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Don't think it matters other than personal preference.
    SouthernBoyVA likes this.

Many striker pistols have a long trigger pull like the first pull of a sa/da action.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

DA/SA with a reasonable DA. I have a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical with 19+1 but instead of the stock DA at like 13lbs it's around 8lbs with some Cajun Gun Works parts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
    Many striker pistols have a long trigger pull like the first pull of a sa/da action.
    You'll tend to find more of this with hammer fired DAO's than with DAO's that are striker fired. For example, the Kahr line of DAO striker fired pistols have trigger pull lengths of 3/8's of an inch. The Glock comes in at 1/2 inch.
    farsidefan1 likes this.

America First!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links