PPQ M2 or PPQ .45 Owners?

This is a discussion on PPQ M2 or PPQ .45 Owners? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm still unable to get my hands on a PPQ M2 or PPQ 45 to check them out. How many of you own on of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PPQ M2 or PPQ .45 Owners?

I'm still unable to get my hands on a PPQ M2 or PPQ 45 to check them out.

How many of you own on of these?

Low recoil with the .45?
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Lots of satisfied owners in the Walther forums. Check it out. http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/. Lots of info there. And test the Q45 is a VERY soft shooter. The PPQ's have the best trigger on any production polymer gun on the market. And they are super accurate. Nutnfancy called it a snipers pistol. Hickok45 said he would have to TRY to miss with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never owned one or don't personally know somebody who does. I am guessing, as with most 45acps recoil should be manageable I would think. Personally I could see this as a good house gun but for edc, I just think its too tall, nearly 6" tall, a lot of grip to try to hide. I suppose some people could but not me.
    Last edited by Rhodie2; September 25th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I'd not be concealing the .45 except in a shoulder holster.
    Rhodie2 likes this.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    I'm still unable to get my hands on a PPQ M2 or PPQ 45 to check them out.

How many of you own on of these?

Low recoil with the .45?
    If you are asking about the PPQ in general I can say that they, along with the VP9, are my favorite polymer framed striker fired handguns. I own a PPQ M1, an M2 in Magpul FDE and recently bought the 5-inch M2 version. All are in 9mm and I like them a lot.

I don't own a PPQ in .45 ACP although I have handled them in gun shops. Walther has done an excellent job of producing a 12-shot .45 ACP in a decently compact sized gun. It actually feels smaller in the hands than it's published dimensions would suggest.

I do agree that I would not carry the .45 on my lean 6'2" frame except in winter clothing. Others carry larger guns than this, but I don't. Agree with the poster who suggested checking the Walther Forum for more information from actual owners who can speak from experience on the PPQ in .45 ACP.

The PPQ and PPQ.45 get excellent reviews. Excellent handguns.
    Darkstar888 likes this.

I have the PPQ .45 M2 with its 12 + 1 capacity. Very nice shooter. With its perfect balance and grip angle there is very little felt recoil. My only gripe is that is comes with plastic sights. I changed them out immediately with Trijicon steel night sights and its really perfectly designed pistol.
    Darkstar888, Litespeed and gglass like this.

I own the PPQ M2 in the 9mm, 5" configuration and the .40, 4" version, but have not saved the pennies for the 45acp model yet. For my money, the PPQ line of pistols is the Apex of the striker-fired, polymer handgun world right now. I have owned a couple Glocks, XDms and more than my fair share of M&Ps, but none compare to the PPQ in my opinion. The superior ergos and the fantastic out-of-the-box trigger make the PPQ the best poly-pistol on the market... At least for now.

This is a dated picture of my custom PPQ M2 9mm, but it does show its potential with this series of off-hand groups. (14-yards if memory serves)

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

Distinguished Member Array DHart's Avatar
    Watching YouTube users of these guns, I took note that several of them mention that they are surprised that these Walthers have more muzzle flip/recoil than other guns in the same category, like the P320s and VPs. Go have a look at the many YouTube videos that are out there.
    Last edited by DHart; September 27th, 2016 at 03:58 PM.
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

Yea the bore axis is a bit higher. The only negative I've ever seen mentioned. Not a big deal with proper stance and grip.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Watching YouTube users of these guns, I took note that several of them mention that they are surprised that these Walthers have more muzzle flip/recoil than other guns in the same category, like the P320s and VPs.
    Thanks for the 2nd hand report! I'm sure that this is exactly what the OP was looking for... Kudos!
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

I think the muzzle flip is more pronounced on the 9mm and 40 than it is on the 45. The recoil on a 45 is more of a push and the Q45 has been described as a very soft shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    I think the muzzle flip is more pronounced on the 9mm and 40 than it is on the 45. The recoil on a 45 is more of a push and the Q45 has been described as a very soft shooter.

I'm not talking about comparing the feel of different calibers in the same gun, but rather the YouTube videos where users shoot and compare same caliber PPQ vs. P320 vs. VP. There are several reviewers that have stated that the PPQ exhibits more recoil than the other two pistol models. Go directly to YouTube and watch the videos.
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Thanks for the 2nd hand report! I'm sure that this is exactly what the OP was looking for... Kudos!
    Sorry if you don't like my mention of the videos on YouTube. Go watch them for yourself.

To the OP... go to YouTube and watch the many videos there which compare the PPQ to P320 and HK. They will be more informative than most of what will be read here.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    I'm not talking about comparing the feel of different calibers in the same gun, but rather the YouTube videos where users shoot and compare same caliber PPQ vs. P320 vs. VP. This is several reviewers have stated that the PPQ exhibits more recoil than the other two pistol models.
    Spend some time on YouTube watching the videos.
    That right there might just be the worst advice that I have ever received on any gun forum.

For the record, I have shot and or owned most every poly pistol on the market today, some more than others. I can tell you with absolute "first-hand" certainty that the felt recoil and muzzle rise of the PPQ line of pistols is negligible enough, as compared to the VP, P320, M&P, etc. that most shooters would not know or feel a difference. A couple of my IDPA buddies felt that the PPQ had a bit more rise to it than what they were shooting at the time, but found in practice their splits were even faster with the PPQ. You know, real World experience.

Now go back to watching you tube while the rest of us hit the range, skippie.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    That right there might just be the worst advice that I have ever received on any gun forum.

For the record, I have shot and or owned most every poly pistol on the market today, some more than others. I can tell you with absolute "first-hand" certainty that the felt recoil and muzzle rise of the PPQ line of pistols is negligible enough, as compared to the VP, P320, M&P, etc. that most shooters would not know or feel a difference. A couple of my IDPA buddies felt that the PPQ had a bit more rise to it than what they were shooting at the time, but found in practice their splits were even faster with the PPQ. You know, real World experience.

Now go back to watching you tube while the rest of us hit the range, skippie.
    Defensive owner, now, aren't we skippie! Don't get all worked up. No one said the PPQ wasn't a good gun.

And would you be all upset if the PPQ does convey more recoil feel than some other options?

The PPQ is a good gun, of course, but it's not necessarily "the APEX" of polymer striker fired guns for EVERYONE.

Personally, I like the trigger, though for many it may be considered too light for a carry gun. I didn't like the grip, however. I much prefer the P320, myself, as it fits my hand much better and also has a great trigger.

So, everyone has differing opinions on these things. But that doesn't mean you need to get all defensive about what you bought.

Real world reviews on YouTube simply present data points, often with video of the pistols being fired and directly compared on camera. These sources of data are certainly no less valid than whatever you might say in this thread.

The smart buyer reviews as many data points as they can, from a wide variety of sources, then decides if the firearm is of enough interest to borrow, rent, or buy one and come to their own conclusions.

I don't believe a thing that any one individual reports (not here, nor anywhere else)... I just take in as much commentary as I can, from a wide variety of sources, before moving to come to my own buying decision either through borrowing, renting, or buying.

I simply mentioned what some of the video reviews on YouTube reported. The PPQ is a likable gun, even if it does have more felt recoil than the P320 and VP. So calm down skippie, no need to get yourself all flustered over this.
    Last edited by DHart; September 27th, 2016 at 06:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links