.45 carry gun with high capacity? - Page 3

.45 carry gun with high capacity?

This is a discussion on .45 carry gun with high capacity? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by erichard Not sure which Para you have, but the P10/Warthog conceals very easily for me IWB with tucked shirt...during the winter months. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: .45 carry gun with high capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    Not sure which Para you have, but the P10/Warthog conceals very easily for me IWB with tucked shirt...during the winter months. No problem.

Now my P-13 was just too long in the slide and grip to pull it off.
    14 round OIF Darn nice 45 fully loaded it is heavy. Retirement gift
    .45 carry gun with high capacity?-101_5173.jpg
    PhaedrusIV and DHart like this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    14 round OIF Darn nice 45 fully loaded it is heavy. Retirement gift
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_5173.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	163114
    Nice.

I carry a 14 round mag as a back up mag for the P10, since it will fit. And my P13 is a great home defense weapon for me. Love it. Very reliable. Ton of firepower (13 +1 45 ACP) in CCO sized 1911 doublestack.
    DHart likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DHart's Avatar
    It's a shame that Remington acquired Para and then shut it down. Double stack 1911s are so few and far between. Para-Ord pistols are just about non-existent on Gunbroker these days, though there are plenty of sellers of magazines. Shame on Remington for that move.
    Last edited by DHart; November 27th, 2016 at 02:22 AM.
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    G30 with G21 mag is what my wife and I carry daily. You wouldn't need to spend $$ for new magazines.
    this is an excellent suggestion
    DHart likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    HK .45C only 8+1 but the grip is very thin, the slide is actually wider than the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    It's a shame that Remington acquired Para and then shut it down.
    I'm not fan of double stack abominations to King Browning's original design, and I've never heard anything good about Para. The only reason I ever noticed them was Tomasie. But I think you see as Remington destroying is simply assimilating like the "Borg" on Star Trek. The 10mm R1 is basically a Para. From some of Tomasie's comments on facebook, I'd say other Para designs will be coming out this coming year as he has hinted to double stack and officers models.
    DHart likes this.

So, truth be told, I don't actually "NEED" a high-cap .45auto carry gun; I just "want" one.

I resemble that remark. 😎 Now that we have 10 pistols in 5 calibers, I've been focusing a little more on adding magazines and ammo. But over the past few weeks, I've been drawn back to the gun counter at my LGS. Unfortunately I haven't found anything compelling enough to buy. I don't have any advice on the hi-cap 45 carry...I just use my g30SF when I need a hi-cap 45, because in Kali, hi-cap is 10 rds.
    DHart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by casurvivor View Post
    HK .45C only 8+1 but the grip is very thin, the slide is actually wider than the grip.
    Casurvivor... I already have lots of 8+1 forty-fives (all but one being 1911s). The "one" is my M&P45C with 8+1 and I absolutely love this gun. It's a keeper. So, my quest here is for at least 10+1, preferrably 12 or 13+1, and a 4" barrel.
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

Quote Originally Posted by 0119 View Post
    I'm not fan of double stack abominations to King Browning's original design, and I've never heard anything good about Para. The only reason I ever noticed them was Tomasie. But I think you see as Remington destroying is simply assimilating like the "Borg" on Star Trek. The 10mm R1 is basically a Para. From some of Tomasie's comments on facebook, I'd say other Para designs will be coming out this coming year as he has hinted to double stack and officers models.
    I have certainly seen a lot of very mixed reviews for Para double stack pistols. But I know that they can be made to run flawlessly and many owners are quite happy with them. Loving the double stack 1911 design, I'm sorry to see Para being largely shut down. But if Remington turns that around and produces a 4" or 4.25" double stack 1911, I'd be keenly interested in considering one of those.

I have a Springfield 1911 double stack that John Harrison customized for me. It's 13+1=14 and exceptionally soft shooting. I love it! If it had a 4.25" or 4" barrel, I'd carry it quite often.

Much as I've loved my 1911s over the years, for defense duty I now prefer double stack design pistols. I prefer the fuller grip and more dispersed recoil-feel with the wider, double stack grip frame. And of course, the added capacity is a major factor, as well.

It was my STI Edge 2011 experience which really showed me how incredible a double stack 1911 pistol can be. Fantastic.

I'm now interested in thinning my 1911 collection somewhat in favor of adding one or two more 2011 pistols.
    Last edited by DHart; November 27th, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

I went with a Glock 30SF for carry a little over 3 years ago... 10+1, with the option to carry G21 magazines for reloads. then there's the option of a 27-round "happy stick" should I ever find myself in a situation where shf, and the gooks are coming thru the wire ;-)

Sounds like the perfect handgun for you would be the FNX 45 compact, too bad they don't make one lol

I'm very happy with my XDm 45 ACP, 3.8" Compact. Comes with 9 and a 13 round mags.

P220 is the only way to go....Great SA/DA and 8+1. While it's not high capacity I don't have a use for any other 45 for the most part.
    Time to catch the Walleye.

My G30 with 10+1 rounds is certainly a solid contender - and I already have it! It's an excellent carry gun.

Pop in the 13-round G21 magazine and the capacity is very good. Or, I can just carry my G21SF and call it good?

I still need to rent a PPQ .45 at the range. And, the M&P45 full size is a very strong contender, even if just 10+1=11 rounds on board.

Having numerous M&Ps already, in .45auto, .40S&W, and 9mm, I totally "get" and very much appreciate the M&P design. They are superb defense pistols. So far, I like the fit and feel-in-the-hand of the M&P models the best.

VIP Member
    Casurvivor... I already have lots of 8+1 forty-fives (all but one being 1911s). The "one" is my M&P45C with 8+1 and I absolutely love this gun. It's a keeper. So, my quest here is for at least 10+1, preferrably 12 or 13+1, and a 4" barrel.

.45 carry gun with high capacity?-13282725_1149172255103949_774792352_o.jpg.45 carry gun with high capacity?-13315444_1148670558487452_9148002300353183859_n-1-.jpg

The grip/mag base plate combo gives it a grip length about that of a Glock 19, and the 1911 grip angle/reduction gives it about the same circumferance as a Glock 19. 10+1 with the mag pictured, and 13 with the standard 21 mag.
    Holmes375 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links