First cc pistol help - Page 6

First cc pistol help

This is a discussion on First cc pistol help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally I think the G26 for you is perfect but I am not you so ultimately we are trying to educate you as much as ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: First cc pistol help

Personally I think the G26 for you is perfect but I am not you so ultimately we are trying to educate you as much as we can and the rest is up to you! I am basing this on you being from NY and you being new...If you get a G26 get the GAP floor plates. They help immensely. Also Agrip or talon grips. Stock sights on G26 if not night sights are junk. so either get a G26 with night sights already or have them replaced.
    Last edited by gqllc007; December 20th, 2016 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearmjunky22 View Post
    Should've mentioned trying to keep the price around the 4-550 range. I see the 220 is rather pricy
    Ballistics being very similar between 45 and 9 mm, cost being relatively close, but availability tends to be greater for 9mm in periods of gun ammo shortages. 9 mm is generally more widely available almost most of the time, any locale.

You also have the option of +P 9 mm ammo.

There's really a fine line amongst the more common pistol cartridges.

The higher capacity of 9 mm makes it clear to have it for concealed carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA, Lifetime Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    Ballistics being very similar between 45 and 9 mm, cost being relatively close, but availability tends to be greater for 9mm in periods of gun ammo shortages. 9 mm is generally more widely available almost most of the time, any locale.

You also have the option of +P 9 mm ammo.

There's really a fine line amongst the more common pistol cartridges.

The higher capacity of 9 mm makes it clear to have it for concealed carry.

Whaaaat???
    wizard7mm08 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ballistics being very similar between 45 and 9 mm

HUH?????

New Member Array Firearmjunky22's Avatar
    If it were you would you go 26 or 33 and why? I don't want to be shot even with a 22 haha. 9mm in my mind will do what I need it to. I don't believe 9mm is inferior as some people do that are stuck on bigger is better.

VIP Member
    If it were you would you go 26 or 33 and why? I don't want to be shot even with a 22 haha. 9mm in my mind will do what I need it to. I don't believe 9mm is inferior as some people do that are stuck on bigger is better.
    I would go with a 30. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    ICEMAN550 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Glock 30
    shield 45
    m&p compact 9, 40 or 45
    glock 26

I no longer have the m&pc's anymore, but they were good guns. If I was restricted to 10 rounds, I would have sold most of my glocks. I think the m&pc 40 is better than the glock 27. I really like my glock 30 and shield 45. They are my favorite carry guns. The glock 26 gets carried, but I have 17 round back up mags. As far as ammo, 230 grain HST +P for my 45's and speer GD 124 +p in 9mm.

Choice of CC and Magazine Restrictions in NY State

Restriction is 10 rounds
    New York restrictions are complicated and illogical. Maximum magazine capacity is 10 rounds but maximum number of rounds allowed in a magazine is 7. Hence the apparent contradiction in this thread. If a person with a carry permit (with any or no restrictions) is found with a magazine containing more than 7 rounds, it is a felony offense. Ironically, 7 in the magazine and 1 in chamber is allowed; 8 in mag is not.

Many handgun manufacturers produce NY compliant mags that aren't found elsewhere. I recently purchased a Sig Sauer P320 Compact in NY State (Syracuse area) with 10 round mags. I'd recommend it highly for the OP needs, with due deference to the views of others on the forum.

I meant to add that another advantage of the P320C is that you can purchase conversion kits so that with the same firing unit (the registered portion of the pistol), you can change from 9mm to .40 cal to .357 with the same or other frame sizes (subcompact, compact/carry, full). Cost prohibitive perhaps but the flexibility is attractive. (The P320 is also available in .45 but cannot be converted to other calibers previously mentioned.)

New Member Array Firearmjunky22's Avatar
    My friend has been pulled over numerous times with his pistol. Xds 9mm and he carries the 9 round magazine. Never had an issue having more than 7 rounds? I've never heard of that law until you just said something

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_S View Post
    New York restrictions are complicated and illogical. Maximum magazine capacity is 10 rounds but maximum number of rounds allowed in a magazine is 7. Hence the apparent contradiction in this thread. If a person with a carry permit (with any or no restrictions) is found with a magazine containing more than 7 rounds, it is a felony offense. Ironically, 7 in the magazine and 1 in chamber is allowed; 8 in mag is not.

Many handgun manufacturers produce NY compliant mags that aren't found elsewhere. I recently purchased a Sig Sauer P320 Compact in NY State (Syracuse area) with 10 round mags. I'd recommend it highly for the OP needs, with due deference to the views of others on the forum.
    That 7 round rule went to Federal Court in Buffalo and was ruled against. Everyone I know in WNY carries 10 besides law enforcement.

http://buffalonews.com/2015/10/19/ap...-bullet-limit/

Iceman: Many thanks for the correction and apologies for posting inaccurate information. Hard to keep up with the restrictions here but embarrassed to be over a year out of date. 10 rounds it is.
    ICEMAN550 likes this.

When I spoke about ballistics I was referring to handguns relative to rifles or shotguns. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA, Lifetime Member

When I spoke about ballistics I was referring to handguns relative to rifles or shotguns. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    IN that case you are correct!! In real world shootings there is a virtually no difference between 45 and 9mm
    CDRGlock likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sponsored Links