Found a new, to me, way to CC - Page 2

Found a new, to me, way to CC

This is a discussion on Found a new, to me, way to CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spark456 I often wonder what holster you could use wearing bib-overalls there really not a lot. Being from the mountains of WV ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Found a new, to me, way to CC

Quote Originally Posted by Spark456 View Post
    I often wonder what holster you could use wearing bib-overalls there really not a lot. Being from the mountains of WV I love wearing bib-overalls and after moving to Ohio kind of got away from them
    Don't let those flat-landers steal any mountaineer from you! I wouldn't trade a square acre in West Virginia for (no offense Mike) a square mile in Ohio.

(*Dear mods, please don't imagine this a disparaging remark toward Ohioians. I have found (most of) them to have a fine...sense of humor. )
    Spark456 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I agree, OP. I've used a Vedder Holsters Four-Way Belly Band at work for about the last year, and I love it! I wear loose-fitting button up shirts and khakis, and I've found that I can successfully conceal at about 4:00 a Glock 19, M&P 40 full size, or a 1911 Commander - both lightweight and all-steel. For me, it's the ideal way to carry when I have to be completely concealed.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    Be careful not using the strap. My wife for a long time used the bellyband without a strap on Sundays when her dress would not allow for a holster. She did this for several months with no issue. One Sunday she came to my office as white as a ghost. I asked her what happened. She responded that her gun (Xds) had fallen out of the belly band. Luckily no one was down there to see it except my 19 yo (at the time) daughter. Not sure how it worked its way out as she had carried that way several times.
    I know the white ghost feeling, I was using a Yaqui slide with a 1911 5" and sitting on a wood chair in a restaurant the barrel hit the chair bottom and gun poppet out, luckily it stayed with in my shirt and was able to put it back, after that incident I won't buy a holster with the barrel exposed, I mostly carry, IWB now days anyway.
    Eric357 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

How are they in the heat of summer?
    Kennydale likes this.

Found a new, to me, way to CC

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have worn my 3 Speed Holster while taking my grandkids to community pool. I was wearing belt-less drawstring shorts and a dark baggy tee. This way I blended in with the other parents at pool. (Carried my G19 and spare magazine). I live in Gulf Coast Texas where Summer tends to be in mid to high 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ghost tracker likes this.
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    If I place mine above the waist line or higher it has been too warm. If I place it low like a Smart Carry it dosen't feel as warm to me. I don't use mine a lot. I'll use it when I have a Suit on. (very rare) or after a shower under a pajama top. I use it more as a back support.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

I've carried using a bellyband under a tucked-in shirt at work, and while it works and allows a decent sized gun to be carried, it suffers from a draw stroke that is complicated by first having to rip out your tucked-in shirt. In practice, I've found it to be too prone to a fouled draw. I thus reverted back to carrying smaller pocket guns when I need to tuck my shirt in, as there is no need to remove a cover garment before the draw.

That said, if it works for you, then go for it.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links