Ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8

This is a discussion on Ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone, I recently ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8 in 9mm and will be here on Friday. The gun shop only has the 5.25" in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By giz5792
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: Ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8

Hi everyone,

I recently ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8 in 9mm and will be here on Friday. The gun shop only has the 5.25" in stock for the XDm, but he had a few XD's on hand. While I did like the XD fit and feel, I liked the fit and feel of the XDm grip more. I would have gotten the 5.25", but this will serve as my carry gun.

There are a few reasons as to why I went with 9mm, but the main reason was that the spousal unit will have it as our HD gun while I'm at work(can't carry there). I've had .40, .45 and 9mm in the past, and she is able to shoot the 9mm without being afraid of the gun. My thought is there is no sense in having a house gun if she is scared of the recoil.

I liked how easy the gun I tried at the store pointed and the trigger was nice. I may upgrade to night sights or get the Crimmson Trace grip insert, or I may do both. Ordered some Federal HST 124 and 147 grain ammo for it, I'll need to shop for a holster for it as well. Now, I just have to wait until it comes in. Is it Friday yet?
    maxwell97 likes this.

just be aware that there are two different iterations of the 3.8. the 3.8 compact is the compact version of the gun, and is the one designed for concealed carry and such, however in the 9mm and 40 versions there is also a 3.8 that has the compact slide, but the full length grip so you essentially get the worst of both worlds. just something I hope you were familiar with and aware of when you ordered.

Yeah, the XD line is a little bit on the busy side. Still though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've always found these pistols to be a hell of a bang for your buck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Look forward to seeing some pics when it comes in!

I'm sure you'll love it. I have an XD Subcompact (non-M) 9mm, and I'd put it up against any standard Glock or M&P, in terms of shootability, reliability, and build quality. The only negative I can think of is that the slide is a bit more bulky than some, but that's a minor quibble.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

VIP Member
    Have 2 XDs, a 9mm sub compact for carry and a 45 compact for the nightstand gun.

Great choice, enjoy!
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Enjoy the new gun. I have an XDm 9 compact and it really is a sweet shooting gun. It is a little on the heavy side for its size but I love mine, very accurate for me.

I recently ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8 in 9mm and will be here on Friday.
    You have chosen a great pistol for concealed carry. I'm liking mine. Notice the XS Big Dot sights I added to mine shown below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered a Springfield XDm 3.8-img_0152-2-.jpg  

PhaedrusIV likes this.

You'll enjoy it a lot. I have two, one in 9 and one in 45 and they are both great guns with never any problems and will spit out any ammo you wish. Carry the 9 when I want something with more capacity than the XDS.

Sponsored Links