Kimber k6S - Page 2

Kimber k6S

This is a discussion on Kimber k6S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have one and love it. I've been a S+W fan boy all my life. After 1995 when S+W started using MIM parts is was ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Kimber k6S

I have one and love it. I've been a S+W fan boy all my life. After 1995 when S+W started using MIM parts is was all down hill. The Kimber uses all forged parts and right out of the box the trigger is nice and smooth. The fit and finish is close to perfect. With all that being said from what I read Kimber's customer service sucks but I knew that going in. The guns S+W is putting out today your lucky if you get one you don't have to send back for some issue. Even there custom shop guns have problems. If you want a S+W buy old. All the gun manufacturers today are pushing them out the door as fast as they can so Quality suffers. I think they don't even test fire them anymore. The gunsmith is a thing of the passed now it piece workers it's sad but that's the world we live in today. As far as the new Colt 357 time will tell but I don't see Colt being any different. Could be wrong and I hope I am. The last S+W I bought (442) I went through 4 new in the box before I found one without some kind of issue. Them is some bad odds. Ok my rant is done:) oh yeah one more thing if you're going to buy a new handgun today try not to buy it online buy it at gun shop we're you can touch it and feel it because you never know what you're going to get to avoid the hassle of playing the send it back game.
    Mike

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    I have one and love it. I've been a S+W fan boy all my life. After 1995 when S+W started using MIM parts is was all down hill. The Kimber uses all forged parts and right out of the box the trigger is nice and smooth. The fit and finish is close to perfect. With all that being said from what I read Kimber's customer service sucks but I knew that going in. The guns S+W is putting out today your lucky if you get one you don't have to send back for some issue. Even there custom shop guns have problems. If you want a S+W buy old. All the gun manufacturers today are pushing them out the door as fast as they can so Quality suffers. I think they don't even test fire them anymore. The gunsmith is a thing of the passed now it piece workers it's sad but that's the world we live in today. As far as the new Colt 357 time will tell but I don't see Colt being any different. Could be wrong and I hope I am. The last S+W I bought (442) I went through 4 new in the box before I found one without some kind of issue. Them is some bad odds. Ok my rant is done:) oh yeah one more thing if you're going to buy a new handgun today try not to buy it online buy it at gun shop we're you can touch it and feel it because you never know what you're going to get to avoid the hassle of playing the send it back game.
    Mike
    well said..I dig the new K6S ,todays go to wheel guns MGS are defo
    not as nice as what they made decades ago . I would be interested
    from the wheel gun experts which S&W from the early days would
    rival or be better than the K6S,its size is whats really hard to beat IMO

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    I would be interested
    from the wheel gun experts which S&W from the early days would rival or be better
    It would be dependent on whom owned S&W during what period of time in regards to QC as S&W was used as a Cash Cow. During certain time periods of ownership I was on first name basis with the supervisor of customer service.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    My Detective Specials hold 6 rounds, are two ounces lighter than the Kimber, and have 100 years of revolver experience behind them. I foolishly traded off my first one 37 years ago, but I've bought two nice ones in the last 3-4 years for a little over half the price of the Kimber.

Have to admit I like the K6s, but for the money, I'd seek out another Dick Special!
    I see a lot of wisdom in this post. People get way too caught-up in "I gotta have brand new."

(My comments are not intended to disparage Kimber or the K6 in any way. For me it's hardware vs cost.)
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Mike
    Kimber's CS definitely sucks. Terrible to get through to someone, but once you get connected they are very cordial. At least my girl was. Then came the terrible part again, send the gun in and it will be 5-8 weeks. Which is still better than Colt, but terrible nonetheless. And on a brand new gun. They do not push warranty work ahead of their custom work or whatever else they are doing.
    Unless you are buying a Ruger you should really learn some basic stuff when buying any new firearm. Unless you don't mind losing your gun for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    ...People get way too caught-up in "I gotta have brand new."...
    PhaedrusIV and Kilowatt3 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post

I wasn't talking about YOU, PA !

Or WAS I ???
    Kilowatt3 and PAcanis like this.

I wasn't talking about YOU, PA !

Or WAS I ???
    'Course you were.
    I admit it. I had to have one of those new Kimbers when they came out.
    I is what I is
    Unless you forgot...
    Or did you???

PhaedrusIV likes this.

VIP Member
    I see a lot of wisdom in this post. People get way too caught-up in "I gotta have brand new."

(My comments are not intended to disparage Kimber or the K6 in any way. For me it's hardware vs cost.)
    Well, to be fair, the Kimber is a .357, vs. the lowly .38, but the DS will handle +P's with ease, and I have no use for .357 in anything smaller than my Security Six anyway!
    PhaedrusIV and addywon like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    'Course you were.
    I admit it. I had to have one of those new Kimbers when they came out.
    I is what I is
    Unless you forgot...
    Or did you???

I most certainly did NOT forget !

(How could I forget a revolver that handsome ? Answer: I couldn't !)
    PAcanis likes this.

Hmmm...looked up Kimber's warranty on their website. One year only, and only for the original buyer.

No thanks.
    Libertywheel likes this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Mike
    I have had the same experience with S&W. I don't my anything from them anymore. Pistols from HK and Sig. Gave up on revolvers for CCW until the K6s came along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philly01 View Post
    Anyone have this revolver? Would like to hear opinions. Considering for summer pocket carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about this guys opinion.

Haywood likes this.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

It's a good looking wheelie. Plus you get 6. I haven't shot one...yet.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

I like the looks of it.

Handled one at the 2016 NRA convention, it seemed to be well made.

Kind of want one, also kind of hesitant to drop the $ for another snub revolver. I like them, just am not a very good shot with small revolvers...........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links