Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns? - Page 4

Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns?

This is a discussion on Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Depends on one's lifestyle and perspective of value I guess....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns?

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Depends on one's lifestyle and perspective of value I guess.
    Militant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    Ask yourself what you would want to retrieve after your gun is confiscated after a SD incident.............that's reality

Want to spend $3500 to get your $1600 1911 back?
    And ehy would I have to pay $3500 to get it back?

Either you get it back when investigation/trial is over, or it stays in evidence.

And as I said earlier, if it saved my life, it'd be worth every penny. I can always buy another.
    Militant, msgt/ret and Wunderneun like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I have nine 1911s in case one gets confiscated.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lebomb View Post
    I believe budget guns are $300 and below in price. Mid-priced $350 ish to about $600. Anything over that I would start to call pricey. Your thoughts?
    The LGS has them all priced nicely for you. Why the need for labels? Just curious.
    Militant likes this.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

I consider a budget gun something a widow or working mother can afford. Makarovs, some Keltecs Ruger 380's

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    msgt/ret and ShooterGranny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertywheel View Post
    The LGS has them all priced nicely for you. Why the need for labels? Just curious.

I paid 359 for my wife's LC9s and no one says much about what I paid. Tell my friends I paid $650 for my CZ and they are like daaaamn!! So just wondered what y'all thought about gun prices.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

I consider Glocks and M&P's to be budget guns, everyday working guns.
    Doogie and maxwell97 like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

For me, since all I buy or own for handguns are 1911's:
    Budget: $650 or less
    Mid: $1250 or less
    High: $1251 and up

My longrange rifles, with glass, average $3500 and up.
    Militant and msgt/ret like this.

I will pay $X if the gun is worth $X...

Good example, I have two SIG pistols; German P228 and a P938. I WILL NOT buy any new classic SIG pistol, due to pricing. They make great guns, but not ones $200+ over other similar models (Beretta 92, CZ75, whatever polymer pistol you want to name). When I originally bought my Beretta 92 Brigadier Inox, I looked at a standard 92FS (new) and a SIG P226 (it was probably good, but looked like it went through hell and back). The shop wanted the same price for both pistols...

If SIG's CPO pricing was their regular pricing, I'd have more SIGs. Staying that high, I'm glad I have all the other pistols that I own. In regards to the P228, I paid $735 for a very clean pistol... which I consider more of a collectible than a regular shooter. I love the old stamped slides, and while I like the P228's size, it is a little too large for me with concealed carry. Could I do it? Definitely, but probably wouldn't want to do it for long.

For the low end, I rather pay for a pistol that I trust in my hands rather than less for one that I worry will stay together. For example, P3AT verses LCP... I went LCP because of the finishing Ruger does. When an LCP leaves the factory, it usually looks like something I'd be proud to put money down to purchase. Some of the KelTec P3ATs I've seen, it looked like KelTec just wanted to get them out the door. I'm sure they work fine, but I'm more hesitant on spending money on something with those kinds of looks (mold marks, flashing, etc).

But I also shop for the best price. If I'm buying online, I want the cheapest total price (tax and shipping included). If I can buy it locally, and buying online with transfer only saves a few dollars, I buy locally. Rather money stay locally... but didn't buy a $950 WASR when J&G had them for $600.

There are good-value bargains and there's CHEAP. With over 100K members here at DC, we've got folks with 7-digit retirement funds & folks who struggle to pay their cable bill. Here's (to me) the interesting part > Well-heeled folks get there by smart money-management so, to shout-them down as gun snobs means you have less money yet believe you have more brains...than they do. Anyone else see the irony here?

Watch what the "smart-money" does if you ever want to...join them.
    Militant, msgt/ret and wmhawth like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    And ehy would I have to pay $3500 to get it back?

Either you get it back when investigation/trial is over, or it stays in evidence.

And as I said earlier, if it saved my life, it'd be worth every penny. I can always buy another.
    Here in CLE the have a funny habit of hanging onto your handguns and you have to hire an attorney to get them back.

I have Colts that I could not afford buying today. When there is panic gun and ammo buying every few years, the guns in demand are ARs and high-capacity polymer handguns. Revolvers and 1911s can often be bought cheap during panic buying periods. ARs and high-capacity polymer guns can be bought cheap right now. Just like stocks, buy low and sell high. After the Sandy Hook shooting, I sold all of my ARs except for the Colt LE6920, sold all of my Glocks except a G20 SF 10mm, and bought Colt 1911s and revolvers. There will be more panic gun buying periods in the future. I still have ammo that I stockpiled when Bill Clinton won his first election.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    I guess I'm just cheap. My Taurus TCP and Ruger LCP - inexpensive, Shield and maybe CZ75- Midrange, CZ RAMI and wifes new Sig P938 edge- expensive. Kimber is for millionaires who have more money than sense. ;)
    Really?

Perhaps they got the "more money" because they actually have some "sense?" Just a theory Rain!
    Rainsong likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    I guess I'm just cheap. That's your call. My Taurus TCP and Ruger LCP - inexpensive, That's your call too! Shield and maybe CZ75- Midrange, CZ RAMI and wifes new Sig P938 edge- expensive. Ditto. Kimber is for millionaires who have more money than sense. And THAT'S a ridiculous insult, humorously related to your...1st statement! ;)
    Rainsong likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Don't think the label really matters a whole lot. But if I did label it wouldn't be a "This is the Right Labels" list. This is how I look at it based on my checking account balance.
    Budget Handgun - Under $350 (example Ruger LCP)
    Inexpensive handgun - $350-$550 (example Springfield XD and XDM series)
    Mid-ranged handguns - $550-$1100 (example Basic Colt, Springfield and other 1911's)
    Expensive handguns - $1100 and up. (example semi-custom and custom handguns)
    But again, these labels mean little to me, if there is a gun out there that I just have to have, cost isn't the issue, how long will I have to save up for it is the issue.

Note: my labels are only discussing pricing, not the quality of the gun. There are many budget and inexpensive handguns out there that are great firearms.
    Last edited by OSCS4USN; July 30th, 2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Needed a note
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Colt Commander .45 ACP (Carry)
    Colt Combat Elite .45 ACP
    Springfield Armory EMP4 9mm

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links