Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns? - Page 5

Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns?

This is a discussion on Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 3 Rugers (relatively cheaply priced but reliable) and 3 Glocks Moderately priced. In handguns I think I have all that I need (Not ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Your idea of a budget, mid-priced, high priced handguns?

I have 3 Rugers (relatively cheaply priced but reliable) and 3 Glocks Moderately priced. In handguns I think I have all that I need (Not to be confused with want. So many guns, so little money)
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Distinguished Member Array Rainsong's Avatar
    Albuquerque, NM (although not really NEW, not really MEXICO!)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Figured I'd ruffle a few feathers with that comment.
    Militant likes this.

CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm, CZ75 B 9mm
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380
    SIg Sauer P938 9mm (Wife's)
    Sig Sauer P238 .380 (Wife's)

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OSCS4USN View Post
    Don't think the label really matters a whole lot. But if I did label it wouldn't be a "This is the Right Labels" list. This is how I look at it based on my checking account balance.
    Budget Handgun - Under $350 (example Ruger LCP)
    Inexpensive handgun - $350-$550 (example Springfield XD and XDM series)
    Mid-ranged handguns - $550-$1100 (example Basic Colt, Springfield and other 1911's)
    Expensive handguns - $1100 and up. (example semi-custom and custom handguns)
    But again, these labels mean little to me, if there is a gun out there that I just have to have, cost isn't the issue, how long will I have to save up for it is the issue.

Note: my labels are only discussing pricing, not the quality of the gun. There are many budget and inexpensive handguns out there that are great firearms.
    And there it is!!!

Everyone's check account balance is different!
    msgt/ret and OSCS4USN like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I think it depends on your budget. $1000 + may be a cheap gun to you.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    I think it depends on your budget. $1000 + may be a cheap gun to you.
    Agreed! (*please note post #33).
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    for me budget guns are $500.00 and below in price. mid-priced are $900.00 to $1200.00+ anything over that I would start to calling it collectors grade and not for me, I carry most of my handguns and put a hurt on them in a short time. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    I guess I'm just cheap. My Taurus TCP and Ruger LCP - inexpensive, Shield and maybe CZ75- Midrange, CZ RAMI and wifes new Sig P938 edge- expensive. Kimber is for millionaires who have more money than sense. ;)
    in all the time I've been here, I though the pic in your Avatar was you, last night the movie was playing and I saw the guy in it (the bar scene) realizing my mistake. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    in all the time I've been here, I though the pic in your Avatar was you, last night the movie was pSorry, laying and I saw the guy in it (the bar scene) realizing my mistake. LOL
    Sorry, you lost me. What movie?
    ca survivor likes this.

S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380

don't remember the name, are you telling me, that is you in the Avatar ?

I'm primarily concerned about value for the dollar and rarely buy anything strictly on price. That said, I would classify > $600 as budget, $600 to $1000 as mid range and $1000 to $1500 as higher end. I have yet to convince myself to purchase anything in the $2000 to $3000 range but going forward you never know.
    I was taught to respect my elders! The problem is, I'm having a much harder time finding them these days .

sgb
    budget

Mid range

High End

msgt/ret and Rainsong like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Sorry, you lost me. What movie?
    it was playing again, the movie name is Breaking Bad, my apologies is that is your pic in your Avatar.
    Rainsong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    don't remember the name, are you telling me, that is you in the Avatar ?
    No, it's Walt White AKA Heisenberg from the TV show Breaking Bad that was filmed and takes place here. Bryan Cranston (who plays Walt White) is a real cool guy, met him a few times as an extra on the show. Bob Odenkirk from "Better call Saul", not so much.

S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380

Over time, as I made more money and gained a greater appreciation for higher quality and custom guns, and started buying some, my thinking on budget, mid-priced, and high priced guns, has evolved. Nowadays <$700 or so is "budget", up to $1500ish mid-priced, over that high priced, though I pretty much buy what I want based on what it is, not which category it falls into.

Custom builds and work are a whole 'nother ball game. It costs what it costs, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much, just depends on what it is and who's doing it. It can often push guns from one category well into another, when you take the total invested into consideration.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    No, it's Walt White AKA Heisenberg from the TV show Breaking Bad that was filmed and takes place here. Bryan Cranston (who plays Walt White) is a real cool guy, met him a few times as an extra on the show. Bob Odenkirk from "Better call Saul", not so much.
    Off topic, but a while back I was in a convenience store and the young (lady) cashier asked me, "Hey, has anyone ever told you that you look exactly like Walter White?"...

Me: Who?
    Her: Walter White
    Me: Never heard of him.
    Her: You know, from Breaking Bad!
    Me: Never seen it.
    Her: Well, you look exactly like him!

When I got home, I told the wife that the clerk at the store said I look exactly like Walter White from Breaking Bad.

Her: Who?
    Me: Walter White from Breaking Bad.
    Her: I've never seen it.
    Me: Me neither.
    Her: We'll have to watch it!

We ended up watching the whole series on Netflix, and really got a kick out of it. I dunno about the resemblance though - I've never shaved my head completely, although I did have a goatee at the time...
    ca survivor and Rainsong like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links