New Glock Model Being Teased! - Page 2

New Glock Model Being Teased!

This is a discussion on New Glock Model Being Teased! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the site - you have to be able to get to North Carolina on August 26 if you win. They'll announce the ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: New Glock Model Being Teased!

I went to the site - you have to be able to get to North Carolina on August 26 if you win. They'll announce the winner on the 25th. That's B.S. I figure. If they offered to fly me out there, sure I would register. As it stands now, it's all but useless to me.

Arg... useless.

That just seems..wrong, lol.
    drift likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    They would probably upset a lot of fans if they started changing too much. And I don't want them straying too far from what they know and has worked for them. That's how we end up with problems.
    I hear what you are saying, but they have to be hitting up against a sales wall now with everyone who's wanted a Glock already having one.

I bet when they saw their sales skyrocket after releasing the 42 and 43, they are just chomping at the bit to release something new again and see sales rise again.

New "models" are the cornerstone of today's marketing/sales teams.
    Dave909 and PAcanis like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonB77 View Post
    I'm thinking they are going to pull the finger groves.
    No finger grooves, iron sights, and front slide serrations. What they didn't address is the grip angle, and of which, i have a gripe!
    drift, Mike1956, MMinSC and 1 others like this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but they have to be hitting up against a sales wall now with everyone who's wanted a Glock already having one.

I bet when they saw their sales skyrocket after releasing the 42 and 43, they are just chomping at the bit to release something new again and see sales rise again.

New "models" are the cornerstone of today's marketing/sales teams.
    Oh certainly, every company sees an eventual decline or at least a stable line on their products. Glock needs to do something new, but I don't think a radical departure from Glock as we know it is wise move. The problem is, what is just enough change to garner interest without getting too radical and having the complete opposite effect on buyers than you intended? To me, no grooves again is a great start. The grooves don't bother me, but a groove-less front strap fits everyone. Keeping the drop in the bucket sight, but never using plastic again is another great start. Nobody is going to complain about that and it changes nothing except adding durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertywheel View Post
    How about a glock revolver!
    Ruger already makes a plastic revolver AND it is ugly so they kinda stole Glock's thunder on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    Oh certainly, every company sees an eventual decline or at least a stable line on their products. Glock needs to do something new, but I don't think a radical departure from Glock as we know it is wise move. The problem is, what is just enough change to garner interest without getting too radical and having the complete opposite effect on buyers than you intended? To me, no grooves again is a great start. The grooves don't bother me, but a groove-less front strap fits everyone. Keeping the drop in the bucket sight, but never using plastic again is another great start. Nobody is going to complain about that and it changes nothing except adding durability.
    Maybe - it isn't going to sway me. But perhaps.
    Dave909 likes this.

Much like the Springfield Armory "Saint", I WAS (semi-)excited until I finally saw one & realized it was just another direct-impingement AR...for $900 msrp. It must have been the grimy, curvy, girly model with great abs that launched my fantasy.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Ruger already makes a plastic revolver AND it is ugly so they kinda stole Glock's thunder on that one.
    Everybody makes plastic guns, some better than other than others. Some i would shoot every day ,others I wouoldpass on . .
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

We've got the LCR and we've got the Rhino (radical design), but I bet if Glock put their minds to it they could come up with something that is "Glock-like" in a revolver. It doesn't look like it hurt Kimber to jump into heavy snubbies.
    drift and Libertywheel like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    I went to the site - you have to be able to get to North Carolina on August 26 if you win. They'll announce the winner on the 25th. That's B.S. I figure. If they offered to fly me out there, sure I would register. As it stands now, it's all but useless to me.

Arg... useless.
    Are they going to give away kittens?!?!?!?
    drift, muzzleblast and CWOUSCG like this.

A .22lr ????
    BadgerJ likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

This was posted by a local range earlier today.
    drift likes this.

A Glock in 50 AE
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Whoa. A whole four days earlier than anyone else in the COUNTRY.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links