New NAA 22mag

New NAA 22mag

This is a discussion on New NAA 22mag within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up this little gem over the weekend, NAA 22 mag. Haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it yet as the ammo ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New NAA 22mag

New NAA 22mag

Picked up this little gem over the weekend, NAA 22 mag. Haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it yet as the ammo I ordered for it hasn't gotten to me. I know a 22 is not ideal for self defense, but to have something that I can drop down in my pocket of athletic shorts or pants seems like it is better than not being able to carry while wearing those types of clothes. May use it as a BUG as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New NAA 22mag-naa.jpg  

I have owned the 1 5/8" version for 19 years and it is by far my carry gun with the most hours on duty.
    Instymp likes this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Nice looking! Congrats. I look forward to the range report.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

You better be wearing protection when you pull the trigger. They're loud!
    5lima30ret, Pain, AzQkr and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You better be wearing protection when you pull the trigger. They're loud!
    Always

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Neat. I thought very seriously about getting one of these as a BUG to my pocket rocket some time ago and may still. Post a range report if you feel like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Have the 22 LR version in my pajamas as I sit here.
    Instymp likes this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

I have the same NAA 22Mag, but with the folding clip grip. I can just tuck it in AIWB and quickly forget that it's even there. Surprisingly accurate at 10yds and made a nice BUG for my 640.

Lead Moderator
    I found the folding clip grip , while a bit bulkier helped me get a better grip and more accurate shots. Mine is the 22lr version, but I was hitting a steel b zone target at 15-20 yards after the grip swap.
    AzQkr likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Good for defending yourself when caught cheating at the poker table.

This is what I use in running apparel: Comfortable concealment holster with fitness ? No bounce even in athletic apparel! | Pistol Wear
    It holds .38+P or 9mm just fine.
    Psalm 144:1

I have the same 22/22Mag pistol & switched it immediately to the grip holster so I could actually hold & shoot it. Recently put C Vang grips on it & like them a bit better-a lot faster to deploy and they protect the back of the cylinder too.
    Products | REVISION CV
    Iíve only used it as a 22Mag & currently have the Hornady Critical Defense WMR loaded and picked up some shot loads for it that I want to try out. Iíve found you have to completely cover what you're aiming at with the front sight to get on target-12 OíClock/combat hold. I found the best/fastest way for me to shoot was to pull the trigger & grip with my strong hand and work the hammer with my off hand-easy to maintain a sight picture & surprisingly fast cycling. I made a nice little holster for it out of an old SOG multi tool sheath thatís worked out nicely.

I have the same, it is always on me. Not my primary but always with me unless a metal detector, or school.

I have a Black Widow and a couple of Sidewinders (1" and 2 1/2"). I also bought the first one for carrying in shorts or sweats. Now I carry one as a bug in my front pocket or in my jacket pocket when it's cooler out.

NAA builds nice little revolvers !!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hy9LzT-VWM
    Some Gello tests

My take on the Gel tests .. I think they worked well .. Not perfect but well..
    Im not as worried about the lack of expansion as the fellow on the video...
    It seems like the unexpanded bullets penetrated better and they seem to have tumbled..

Too small for me. Plus the reload capability is too cumbersome. I'll stick with an LCP.
    5lima30ret and CreedDryrot like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links