Kahr PM9 feed ramp

Kahr PM9 feed ramp

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 feed ramp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My feed ramp on my Kahr PM9 has small little chips on 1 side. Very rough. I sent pictures to Kahr, they said it should ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Kahr PM9 feed ramp

  1. #1
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179

    Kahr PM9 feed ramp

    My feed ramp on my Kahr PM9 has small little chips on 1 side. Very rough.
    I sent pictures to Kahr, they said it should not affect the gun. But they will smooth out the ramp if I ship the slide back to them. I have to pay for shipping, anyway I am a little disappointed in their lack of support. I like this gun, but I will say most other manufacturers would have taken care of this on their dime.

    Name:  2_1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  29.1 KB

    Name:  3_1.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  22.8 KB

  2. #2
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Pictures are difficult to see clearly, I had to compress pictures to post.

  3. #3
    Member Array AnthonyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    380
    I haven't noticed such marks on my CM9 slide. I agree, I would think that they should have to pay the shipping. Too bad, these are great compact 9mm.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
    I haven't noticed such marks on my CM9 slide. I agree, I would think that they should have to pay the shipping. Too bad, these are great compact 9mm.
    I also have the CM9, no marks on mine either. Strange, the more expensive PM9 has the issue.

  6. #5
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    The PM9 shoots great, no issues. Have the 200 break-in rounds through it without any failures.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array Rhinoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    2,549
    I had an early PM40 that was awful. I sent it back several times and it never got fixed correctly. Kahr told me they were going to start charging me $270 every time I sent it back, so I got rid of it. I took it to the local gun dealer with all the receipts and documentation of the repairs and traded it for an XD40. I won't buy another Kahr because of their customer service and poor quality. I can buy two Glocks or XDs for what I spent on the PM40 and not have the issues.
    10thmtn and ExGM like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

    An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

  8. #7
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    I had an early PM40 that was awful. I sent it back several times and it never got fixed correctly. Kahr told me they were going to start charging me $270 every time I sent it back, so I got rid of it. I took it to the local gun dealer with all the receipts and documentation of the repairs and traded it for an XD40. I won't buy another Kahr because of their customer service and poor quality. I can buy two Glocks or XDs for what I spent on the PM40 and not have the issues.
    I knew Kahr customer support is the not the greatest before I bought Kahrs. But the PM9 and CM9 are the smallest 9mm I could find. (not counting the Diamondback DB9)

  9. #8
    Member
    Array bobandmikako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    497
    I had an older PM9 that had marks on that part of the slide. It never caused any issues but I do agree Kahr should deal with it better. I had bought mine used so didn't even bother to ask Kahr. The feed ramp on a PM9 is part of the barrel. I didn't have any issues there.

  10. #9
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandmikako View Post
    I had an older PM9 that had marks on that part of the slide. It never caused any issues but I do agree Kahr should deal with it better. I had bought mine used so didn't even bother to ask Kahr. The feed ramp on a PM9 is part of the barrel. I didn't have any issues there.
    Agreeded

  11. #10
    VIP Member
    Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Miami Fla and TN
    Posts
    2,480
    if the pistol shoots fine whats the beef?
    You can get some Emory out and polish that by hand
    if it bugs you but I would not sweat it

  12. #11
    Member Array steig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    if the pistol shoots fine whats the beef?
    You can get some Emory out and polish that by hand
    if it bugs you but I would not sweat it
    Yeah, I just expected better from an relatively expensive gun.
    AnthonyC and Paladin3840 like this.

  13. #12
    Member Array ram229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    Yeah, I just expected better from an relatively expensive gun.
    These guns are ridiculously expensive for what you get. My old MK9 was under $400 years ago and wasn't worth that. Kahr pistols have always been hit or miss. Mine developed stress cracks in the slide and shot the recoil guide out the front of the gun. After the stress cracks they replaced the entire gun with their "elite" model and the feed ramp on that one wasn't lined up or machined right so rounds wouldn't feed correctly from slide lock.

    Never buy another one of their products ever again. Especially at what they are selling for now.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nc mountains
    Posts
    3,848
    If your PM9 runs reliably now why worry about the chips , keep shooting it and don't worry about it !! Some handguns that are rather costly have any number of rough spots and milling marks in side but nice where it counts . I bought a cm9 as soon as they were available and it runs great for 2200 rounds even with a few odd milling marks here and then .

  15. #14
    Member Array gqllc007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    383
    I agree. If it works then leave it be
    JustinTime likes this.

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    Agreeded
    Is that a word?

    (*just ribbin' ya' Brother Steig) I generally like Kahr pistols, yet have always leaned toward the steel frames. I have no experience with Kahr Customer Service 'cuz I've never needed to deal with 'em. If the issue doesn't effect performance & is purely esthetic. Then (IMHO) let sleeping dogs...lie.
    JustinTime likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •