Springfield XD-E - Page 2

Springfield XD-E

This is a discussion on Springfield XD-E within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ca survivor A gentleman next to me at the range had one and he let me fire a few rounds, I feel ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    A gentleman next to me at the range had one and he let me fire a few rounds, I feel that the XDe has a lot of muzzle flip for been a 9mm and I was firing WWB 115grs.
    Compared to what though? If it has more than another single stack then that'd be concerning, especially because the Xde is a fatty and should absorb that recoil better.

See thatís it, the thickness doesnít bother me, and yes, I have four CZ. Well three now, my son bought one from me yesterday.
    The XDE really wonít conceal any better than my PCR and isnít much lighter.

I was hoping the XDE would be smaller than it is. I would like a DA/SA sub compact single stack, the size of a Sig 290RS. That would fill a spot in my lineup that is empty and will probably stay that way.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Somewhere in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
    I've only handled one. With that said, I am a DA/SA guy. I felt the DA trigger was overly heavy and not terribly smooth.
    That might change with use. It wasn't my ☕️ of tea.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by genrl View Post
    Compared to what though? If it has more than another single stack then that'd be concerning, especially because the Xde is a fatty and should absorb that recoil better.
    I think that day I might have been shooting a VP-9 and a 1911 5" but I've been shooting enough to know, where is a single or double stack is got no effect on muzzle flip, that recoil back at the hand that is more noticeable on a single stack vs. wider a double, yes, but I was referring to the follow up shots, I think it recoils too much for what it is, but I only shot a few rounds though. .

VIP Member
    I fondled one at the lgs but it didn't impress me. Excellent Springfield quality but just didn't give me warm fuzzies. Everything seemed just... OK.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    TeflonDon and lee n. field like this.
    ĒGod grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.Ē
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have one (in 9mm). I personally like it very much.
    Denverjay likes this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverjay View Post
    For a single stack 9mm, the XDE doesn't have much of any advantage over say a Shield 2.0 9mm or an XDS in 9mm other than the DA/SA and the Mod 2 grip texture.

BUT, in it's .45ACP flavor, now we're getting somewhere. The XDE is thinner than a 1911, MUCH lighter weighing in at just 23ozs unloaded, and with the mag extender on it gives you 7+1 capacity in .45ACP. The thumb safety can either be carried in a 1911'esque cocked and locked manor (while still affording double strike capability, which is nice), OR decocked and carried with the safety off in DA mode.

I don't get real excited about the 9mm version especially when considering the other 9mm options I already have to carry. But the .45 is a different story. Same capacity as a champion size 1911, but thinner, lighter AND the options for different modes of carry. All that and it's probably $250 to $300 less than a Champion Operator 1911, just as an example. I'm really thinking this may be my next gun purchase.
    For me the DA/SA of the XDe is the selling point, I replaced my Walther PPS with the XDe for just that reason. All of my carry guns are now either SA or DA/SA. Actually the XDe does have a really crappy DA pull so I will be carrying it cocked and locked, not decocked. It's nice that they offer the option to go either way
    ca survivor, Denverjay and Dadman like this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Haven't tried the XDe yet, but Springfield makes some fine weapons.
    TeflonDon and Old Sarge like this.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    Haven't tried the XDe yet, but Springfield makes some fine weapons.
    most SA guns are not made here in the US, the XD line including the XDe are made in Croatia, not a bad thing though.
    Old Sarge likes this.

I also think the XDE is horribly over priced. I dont believe I have seen one for under $425, and that was on SALE! For $399 my RAPc was a steal compared to the XDE. Just my humble opinion of course.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    For me the DA/SA of the XDe is the selling point, I replaced my Walther PPS with the XDe for just that reason. All of my carry guns are now either SA or DA/SA. Actually the XDe does have a really crappy DA pull so I will be carrying it cocked and locked, not decocked. It's nice that they offer the option to go either way
    This is why I won't buy one, at least until the DA pull is improved by after market improvement. It doesn't make sense to me to buy a DA/SA, knowing I'll only carry it cocked and locked like a 1911, but with a SA trigger that's not as good as a 1911. I may as well just carry a 1911 unless the awful DA pull is fixed. For some the easier slide manipulation be a good reason to go to an XDe, but I'm able to manipulate a 1911 slide without issue so my cash is staying put.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

It's my wife's purse gun. Holstered, safety on, decocked with a round in the chamber, makes it the ideal purse gun...nothing can get tangled in the trigger. Because of the long DA trigger, my wife's "manual of arms" is to cock the hammer, release the safety and fire. She and I both like to fire it at the range.

I handled one at store...think I will stick with my XDS .45.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    It's my wife's purse gun. Holstered, safety on, decocked with a round in the chamber, makes it the ideal purse gun...nothing can get tangled in the trigger. Because of the long DA trigger, my wife's "manual of arms" is to cock the hammer, release the safety and fire. She and I both like to fire it at the range.
    When I first read about the XDe this is what I thought exactly...this would make a great purse gun. Small and probably lighter than a steel revolver and with extra safety options (decocked or decocked and safety on) along with a slide that is easier to rack. I mentioned it to my sister-in-law who is currently purse-carrying a 2.25" SP101.
    lchamp likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links