First issues for P365? Uh oh

This is a discussion on First issues for P365? Uh oh within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was on YouTube earlier and found this video. Looks like they experienced a few issues, only time will tell what this gun turns out to ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: First issues for P365? Uh oh

New Member Array Firearmjunky22's Avatar

Was on YouTube earlier and found this video. Looks like they experienced a few issues, only time will tell what this gun turns out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNm...&feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by Firearmjunky22 View Post
    Was on YouTube earlier and found this video. Looks like they experienced a few issues, only time will tell what this gun turns out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNm...&feature=share
    Would be nice if they purchased and tried other 115g ammo. From some of the comment's, it seems that others have experienced the same issues with this ammo.

Small guns can be finicky. I've run a boat load of MagTech 115 through a variety of pistols over the years. Used to get some good bulk sales pricing on it. Always worked very well for me and my friends.

This pistol is bound to have some baptismal issues and Sigs QC ain't exactly stellar any more. I imagine they'll get it sorted but I have even less interest in beta testing the new pistol. Patience is a virtue they say
    helderberg and Bigpoppa48 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    new guns often have growing pains,just like many new cars.
    it should be a reliable gun in a few months . What is funny is
    how quick the bandwagon got full
    Struckat likes this.

Im not rushing to judgement, but I ran a couple of hundred 115gr rounds through my LC9s right out of the box. No cleaning or wiping down the internals, just loaded the mag and shot. Not one failure of any kind.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Ugh. The failure to go into battery issues when loading a new mag gave me flashbacks to some of the issues I had with the various Kahr PM9s I owned.

Will be interesting to watch.
    Pete63, evilgreg and Zredwire like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Distinguished Member
    Friends don't let friends shoot Magcrap ammo.
    garyatccwsafe likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Sponsor
    Could be an ammo issue. Could be a mag issue. Could be a gun issue. Could be all three. I know Sig is cranking them out so any recurring issues should rise to the surface pretty quick.

You know...

I just donít get the rush to judgement because a maroon with a boobtoob channel has issues with a pistol.

Way too many unknowns to get excited.
    Bad Bob, OD*, Zredwire and 6 others like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Friends don't let friends shoot Magcrap ammo.
    While it is true that some ammo is better than others any firearm with "9mm" on the barrel should run any commercially available ammo labeled "9mm" on the box. I have never encountered a semi auto handgun that was "ammo sensitive" nor would I trust my life to one that was. If I had to settle for only certain brands of ammo in a carry gun I would just go back to a revolver.
    I have shot a ton of Magtech without a single issue although I usually find practice stuff cheaper.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    While it is true that some ammo is better than others any firearm with "9mm" on the barrel should run any commercially available ammo labeled "9mm" on the box. I have never encountered a semi auto handgun that was "ammo sensitive" nor would I trust my life to one that was. If I had to settle for only certain brands of ammo in a carry gun I would just go back to a revolver.
    I have shot a ton of Magtech without a single issue although I usually find practice stuff cheaper.
    If you're going to evaluate a defensive carry firearm, how about throwing some defensive carry ammo through it? Not just the cheapest crap you can find at WallyWorld... and if it's a new, out of the box firearm, break it down. clean it and properly lube it.

That said, when Sig released the P238 it had some very real problems... a year later it was an excellent gun. (We own two)
    When Sig released the P938 it had some very real problems... a year later it was an excellent gun. (We own three)

Now Sig has released the P365 and it very likely has some very real problems... Let' see where it is in a year.
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Folks are sure quick to judge - maybe they are just tired of paying to be the testing department for new guns.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    If you're going to evaluate a defensive carry firearm, how about throwing some defensive carry ammo through it? Not just the cheapest crap you can find at WallyWorld... and if it's a new, out of the box firearm, break it down. clean it and properly lube it.

That said, when Sig released the P238 it had some very real problems... a year later it was an excellent gun. (We own two)
    When Sig released the P938 it had some very real problems... a year later it was an excellent gun. (We own three)

Now Sig has released the P365 and it very likely has some very real problems... Let' see where it is in a year.
    The point is I do not throw SD ammo downrange in training I use the "cheapest crap" I can afford so I can shoot as often as possible. I have never broken down a new pistol before use and "cleaned" it. Used yes but, not new. I think we give these manufacturers too much leeway to test out guns on us instead of proper R&D.
    I am not dissing on the Sig but, we see "growing pains"on a lot of new pistols and I think it is BS and is often blamed on "cheap" ammo or the equally elusive "limp wristing" which I think is mostly an internet excuse for a poor pistol design.
    I like the new Sig and after a year of good reports I would not hesitate to try one out.
    So, during that year it took for the Sig's you mention to be "excellent" did you carry one? Or did you mean you waited a year before buying one which I think is a good idea? Especially the way they crank out the new plastic for us to work the bugs out.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Ugh. The failure to go into battery issues when loading a new mag gave me flashbacks to some of the issues I had with the various Kahr PM9s I owned.

Will be interesting to watch.
    My recently-purchased CM9 initially suffered a ton (just about every time) of failures to go into battery when the locked-back slide was dropped on a fresh magazine, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. On the bright side, the failures have pretty much disappeared now. I'm not sure whether that's due to the magic of having a few hundred rounds run through it or my having left it with the slide locked open for a week to soften up the very strong slide spring, but either way it seems happy to go into battery when the slide is dropped now.
    NRA Life Member

LOL...I quite watching at the part where he said he didn't clean the gun from the factory prior to shooting
    and the biggest issues were in the first 250 rounds...Not to mention the cheap ammo he was using.
    PAISAN and LimaCharlie like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links