Interesting Question for P365 and G43 Owners - Page 2

Interesting Question for P365 and G43 Owners

This is a discussion on Interesting Question for P365 and G43 Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ghost tracker First Brother Gitary, never pre-decide your question is "interesting", that's up to the reader not the writer. Your question, by ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Interesting Question for P365 and G43 Owners

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    First Brother Gitary, never pre-decide your question is "interesting", that's up to the reader not the writer.

Your question, by the way, IS! Sure, I see situations in which I'd still happily carry my G43. As to what you'll do with yours? Well, there's always a spot (in MY EDC gear) for a BUG. New York reloads are always (in ALL ways) faster than a fresh mag swap.
    You make a great point! I’m still laughing. I guess my “interesting” could prove to be someone else’s “who cares.”
    ghost tracker likes this.
    "A man who fears will suffer twice..."

Personally the G43 is perfect for me (right now) ....I'll just leave that open !! My mind has raced around for years about this is best--no that is best--well what about this---wait, what about that ??? Is 6 rounds enough ? Do I need 60 rounds ? There are SO many choices out there that make very little difference for carry options and some that require a full commitment due to size/weight/concealability. We can ALL find what's perfect for OUR personal sweet spot, yet always continue to search for something better/newer/more efficient. The Sig P365 I'm sure will sell boat loads to the same Market as the Shield or G43 did. And the next Mfg. that comes out with 1 more round than the P365 will do equally as well !!!!!! A never ending market to keep manufacturers in business........
    The G43 for me with 1 reload fulfills my needs--no need to spend another $$$$ for a couple extra rounds !!! Hell, we can play scenarios all day long and at the end question the guy who carrys a 5 shot wheel gun or a guy who carries a Glock 17 with 2 spare mags........
    forester58 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I carry a G43 and don't have any plans to replace it with the P365 although it looks like a great option. I just can't justify the $800 to $1,000 to switch over for 3 more rounds since I carry the G43 7+1. Yes, by the time you change the sights (I hate 3 dots) buy a few magazines, and at least 2 to 3 holsters that is what it costs me anyway.
    The G43 has been awesome through 1,000 rounds so that trumps 3 more rounds and another long test period for me.
    To your question though if my main carry is a 9mm I will have 2 guns in that caliber since that is what I stock the most and if one gives me trouble or gets taken for evidence or something I can still carry and have lots of ammo.
    I have one small carry and one larger capacity carry in the same caliber. G43 and S&W 469.
    This is what is going through my mind right now. Do I buy the P365 and nurse it through the infancy stage, probably sell my G43 and then have my P30SK for home defense? Or, do I keep the 43, but a G26 instead of the P365, and then trade the SK for a G19. I’d be all Glock, but in a sense it makes, well, sense...
    forester58 and leathermaneod like this.
    "A man who fears will suffer twice..."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I heard one Expert say that the P365 was as small as some .380s, about the size of a 9mm Shield.

Whaat???

Then there is the P320 drop fiasco and even more probs with the Army.

Well, I doubt if I'll be going SIG at anytime.

As a former NiGhtMare G43 owner, I'll nver buy anither Glock.

With no sign of a striker-fired CZ P10-S sub-compact for

I will be going for another Walther.

The PPQ SC should be interesting.

A bit heavier and wider than my PPS M2, and both shorter and lighter than my PPQ 9mm.

Should be as heavy as my unloaded RAMI, but with 10 rounds of Double Tap +P on board.

Have fun buying or dreaming of the P365. Although..I'm sure that most people are going to be pleased.

I will be sitting back and seeing how the gun develops.
    BCC73 and Rockymonster like this.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Howdy!

There are many reasons to have more than one weapon other than your EDC. As a retired LEO the most vernable I ever felt on duty was my first shooting incident when IAD relieved me and others on the scene of their duty weapon. Many never happen to most folks but something to think about. Things happen lost, stolen, damaged, or broken etc... that’s life. What are you going to do in the mean time, buy or borrow anther weapon?

“Happy Trails”
    Chiefneon
    Last edited by chiefneon; February 7th, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
    MMinSC and Chaplain Scott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
    Howdy!

There are many reasons to have more than on weapon other than your EDC. As a retired LEO the most vernable I ever felt on duty was my first shooting incident when IAD relieved me and others on the scene of their duty weapon. Many never happen to most folks but something to think about. Things happen lost, stolen, damaged, or broken etc... that’s life. What are you going to do in the mean time, buy or borrow anther weapon?

“Happy Trails”
    Chiefneon
    That won't be an issue. 8-)

Got more than one BUG to fall back on if needed. To be honest, I'm hoping that I like the P365 enough that I end up with more than one. I'm literally drowning in magazines of different types, calibers, etc. I'm hoping to standardize a little and consolidate down to only one or two styles. That's part of why the G43 would go vs. the G42. I really don't use the G43 anymore and it will probably go anyway because I'm tired of getting mags mixed up. I have uses for the G42 other than carry (great gun for introducing to centerfire), so the G42 won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeviking View Post
    I retired my Glock 43 in favor of a Walther PPS M2 (just shoot the Walther much better). And now I'm retiring the Walther in favor of the Sig P365. And I like the P365 so much I'm picking up a second one tomorrow as a back-up and to have a rotation. When I carried a Glock 43, I used the Hyve extended mags, to get to 7 or 8 rounds. But I had LOTS of feeding problems with the Hyve +2 mag and I ruled out ever actually carrying the +2 (reserved it for range shooting only). I had next to no problems with the Hyve +1 mag, so I did carry that, but I always had a nagging bad feeling in the back of my head about carrying a gun with a non-factory (gun manufacturer's) mag. I know that many extended mags are really good, like Taran, and I've tried those as well. But as you will read on many boards, a lot of folks will simply only actually carry with factory mags, putting the premium on reliability, even at the sacrifice of capacity. I felt very confident in my 7 round and 8 round mags with my Walther PPS, as they were Walther factory mags and I never had any problems with them. My point is this -- if you adhere to the "factory mag only" viewpoint for your actual carry gun, then the Glock 43 is 6 rounds, period. (Maybe we'll see 7 and 8 round mags out of Glock in response to the P365...?) The Sig P365 has a FACTORY mag (bought separately unfortunately) of 12 rounds, and with it the gun still does not feel any bigger than the G43. So one way to look at it is that this is a 6 rounds versus 12 rounds question. Double the capacity, with factory mags!! (And at a minimum, the difference is 4 rounds in favor of the P365 if you do opt for a Hyve or Taran plus 2 for the Glock, versus the 12 rounder for the Sig.) That's a clear move to Sig for me, PROVIDED that MY PARTICULAR guns do not exhibit any of the problems that we've been seeing crop up in a couple of reports thus far... And so far, the one gun I currently have has been operating fine. Not a fanboy of any manufacturer here, and the Sig is new for me. But it is certainly a promising innovation....
    For me... I'm still just looking for the small, single stack that fits my hand well. Right now I shoot the PPS M2 the best and even though it is slightly larger... it prints less than my G43 in pocket carry. Sadly though... it has a long skinny grip like the Shield that just doesn't naturally fit my hand. I can make both work.. but I have to practice a lot and I tend to pull left with them. The P320 SC is one of the only guns I've ever picked up that I had zero desire to change anything about the grip. If I could get that grip profile on a full size P320 then all my other guns would probably be gone. As it is... the SC fits me perfect.... all of the larger P320 grips have a much more rounded profile that I just don't grip well. The P365 looks like it is going to have a profile close to the SC. If so... it will be a no brainer for me to go to a grip profile that fits me well AND gain rounds while maintaining my current ability to pocket carry.

I wondered the same about my Kahr PM9. But I already know the answer.

Assuming the P365 (when I get it) aces the reliability test and I like it, it'll replace the PM9 in a flash.

I'll keep it though, like to shoot it. Besides, my wife and son have an eye on it for if/when they decide to CC.

Quote Originally Posted by gitaryzt1985 View Post
    I’m with you there. My first instinct is to offload a lot. At this point, I am considering finding a platform/system that works for me. I’ve got a P30SK for home defense, a G43 that sits unused and I pocket carry a Bodyguard.

The best gun I ever shot was a G19. If I was smart, I’d sell the HK and get a G19 for home defense to keep my guns all similar in function. I bought the HK to carry, but it’s still not very subcompact IMO.

I’m thinking about it a lot more lately. I’ve got a different brands for every use, and multiple trigger/takedowns to get used to.

If I love the P365, the same could be said that maybe I should have a P320 for home defense. I dunno. More and more I’m leaning Glock.

And don’t even get me started on accessories and mags. I wanted a P30 mag for my SK. No I will not be spending $75! Glock parts are inexpensive and the fact that I could use a Glock 19 mag with the 26 is sooooo enticing to me.
    I carried an H&K P2000 for years as a duty gun. It is a great gun, but you really have to work hard to shoot it well. The first time I shot a Glock I out shot myself with the H&K and had 15,000 rounds thru THAT gun.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    I heard one Expert say that the P365 was as small as some .380s, about the size of a 9mm Shield.

Whaat???

Then there is the P320 drop fiasco and even more probs with the Army.

Well, I doubt if I'll be going SIG at anytime.

As a former NiGhtMare G43 owner, I'll nver buy anither Glock.

With no sign of a striker-fired CZ P10-S sub-compact for

I will be going for another Walther.

The PPQ SC should be interesting.

A bit heavier and wider than my PPS M2, and both shorter and lighter than my PPQ 9mm.

Should be as heavy as my unloaded RAMI, but with 10 rounds of Double Tap +P on board.

Have fun buying or dreaming of the P365. Although..I'm sure that most people are going to be pleased.

I will be sitting back and seeing how the gun develops.
    The grip on the PPQ SC is way to short for my hand. I would have to find a finger extension or something.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The Glock 43 is my wife's. I had my shekels saved up to buy a new P365. Then my wife's Hummer went into the shop..........

My duty weapon is a Sig 229. My off duty weapons are a Glock 30s or various 1911s. I have been in the market for a lighter weight pistol for when the chemo is making me sick/weak.

I'm still struggling over the Glock 33 (.357 Sig) or the new Sig P365 dilemma.
    Jaeger likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I got to hold a P365 today that was already pre-sold. You never really know anything until you start shooting, but it fit my hand like a glove. Similar to the P320 SC grip but smaller. I didn't ask to take it apart or anything like that since it was already sold to someone else, but the initial impression was very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by gitaryzt1985 View Post
    This is what is going through my mind right now. Do I buy the P365 and nurse it through the infancy stage, probably sell my G43 and then have my P30SK for home defense? Or, do I keep the 43, but a G26 instead of the P365, and then trade the SK for a G19. I’d be all Glock, but in a sense it makes, well, sense...
    EXACTLY what I did! I now own all Glocks and 1 sweet Kimber 9mm. My G43 conceals and carries easily. Yes,to me it makes sense.I carry and have become proficient and comfortable with all my Glocks.
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links