How I set up my Sig MPX

How I set up my Sig MPX

This is a discussion on How I set up my Sig MPX within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About two months ago I purchased a Sig MPX pistol in 9MM with an 8 inch barrel. I purchased it bare with no accessories installed ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: How I set up my Sig MPX

How I set up my Sig MPX

About two months ago I purchased a Sig MPX pistol in 9MM with an 8 inch barrel. I purchased it bare with no accessories installed at all. My goal was to have an intermediate to short range weapon (25-100 yards) that I could carry in my truck unobtrusively or use at home in a worst case scenario. I had flirted with SBRs, AR pistols, and a Tavor and decided against them (not because they are bad) but for various personal reasons (tax stamps, noise, size, etc.).

I got the MPX and set it up with the following accessories:
    • SB Tactical Stabilizing Brace (https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...newthread&f=37)
    • Aimpoint T2 with LaRue mount (full co-witness) https://www.larue.com/products/aimpo...d-mount-combo/
    • Troy battle sights with LaRue Mounts (https://www.larue.com/products/both-...-sights-combo/)
    • Surefire Mini Scout Light - 500 Lumens (https://www.surefire.com/m300c-z68-c...out-light.html)
    • LaRue Mount for the Mini Scout Light (https://www.larue.com/products/larue...t-mount-lt606/)
    • Blue Force Vickers Combat Application Sling, Padded (https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling)
    • BCMGUNFIGHTER KeyMod**™ Quick Detachable Sling Mount
    (https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMG...p/bcm-kmsm.htm)
    • Select Carry Sling Pack (Concealed Carry Sling Pack | Official 5.11 Site)

It was never my goal to set this up on the cheap, but to come up with a rock solid, dependable set up. I come from the commercial diving mentality of "If you can't pound nails with it, it's no darn good." (Stronger language normally used, but I've toned it down in respect for the PG sensibilities here.) I've carried the weapon in this bag through several hotels and nobody gave me a second glance.

The MPX is a joy to shoot. Zero recoil, incredibly accurate. My wife, who was skeptical at first, thinks it is the absolute bomb.

Here's a couple of shots of the set up.

How I set up my Sig MPX-mpx-left.jpg

How I set up my Sig MPX-mpx-right.jpg

How I set up my Sig MPX-sling-bag.jpg
    Last edited by G26Raven; February 23rd, 2018 at 03:57 PM.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

That is a very, very slick PDW!
    G26Raven likes this.
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    That is a very, very slick PDW!
    Thanks. It took awhile to figure out the best way for me to do this, but the end result was well worth it.
    Mike Tyson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Well, I'm jealous if that's what you were going for. I want it . . .
    G26Raven likes this.
    NRA Life Member

That's about as good of a setup as it gets. Very nice!
    G26Raven likes this.

Neat gun! I want one, but cant convince myself its right for me. Here is my question. What made you go with this over a glock mag AR?
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Neat gun! I want one, but cant convince myself its right for me. Here is my question. What made you go with this over a glock mag AR?
    I did not really look at Glock magazine ARs. They could have been a viable alternative. I saw so many great reviews of the MPX, along with the specifications, it seemed like a really good way to go. Certainly not the cheapest by any stretch of the imagination.
    Havok likes this.
    Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    REALLY nice G26! I would add a can, but of course that would add some length as well.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    REALLY nice G26! I would add a can, but of course that would add some length as well.
    I'd love a can, but with the tax stamp and a decent can it appears to be about another $1000.00. And then I am back to the fact I can't take the can with me out of state without a letter to the ATF. It would be nice to have for at home, for sure.
    Mike Tyson

That's a sweet little fightin' machine you've put together there.
    G26Raven likes this.

Nice work. That will get the job done and the anti’s foaming at the mouth!
    G26Raven likes this.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I'd love a can, but with the tax stamp and a decent can it appears to be about another $1000.00. And then I am back to the fact I can't take the can with me out of state without a letter to the ATF. It would be nice to have for at home, for sure.
    You don’t need permission to take a can out of state as long as it is legal in the state you are taking it to. SBRs require permission, not cans....

You are correct about the cost of course. But I have a 9mm AR SBR with a can, and it is crazy fun to shoot!
    I’d love to try an MPX like yours !
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    You don’t need permission to take a can out of state as long as it is legal in the state you are taking it to. SBRs require permission, not cans....

You are correct about the cost of course. But I have a 9mm AR SBR with a can, and it is crazy fun to shoot!
    I’d love to try an MPX like yours !
    Why did you have to tell me that!?!????
    Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    Why did you have to tell me that!?!????
    Thought you should know!!!!
    G26Raven and Bad Bob like this.

I did not really look at Glock magazine ARs. They could have been a viable alternative. I saw so many great reviews of the MPX, along with the specifications, it seemed like a really good way to go. Certainly not the cheapest by any stretch of the imagination.
    Gotcha. I just have a bunch of Glock mags and I like using common mags. I really wish these used Glock mags. Who knows. I may get one some time anyway.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links