The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact! - Page 5

The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!

This is a discussion on The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would have to change out the triggers. I hate hinged triggers....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    I would have to change out the triggers. I hate hinged triggers.
    matthew03 likes this.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    Out of curiosity Gglass what backstrap do you prefer on your 2.0? I can't tell if thats the large or the med-large
    I used to use the medium back-strap on all my various M&Ps until the m2.0 series arrived. Now all I use is the medium-large, as it provides a better fill for my hand for controllability, as well as a bit of a hump on the heel, which is what I loved about my PPQs. I find that I shoot a bit better overall with the M-L back-strap.
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

I just put the 4.25" barrel version on layaway today. Now that I've read this, I'm even more anxious to pay it off!

As a bonus, I was given a free S&W coffee cup! Apparently the rep was there a few days ago and left some swag.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

S&W nailed EDC perfection way back.
    The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!-642-1.jpg

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    i have the 9C version from a few years ago, how is the 2.0 different/improved?

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    i have the 9C version from a few years ago, how is the 2.0 different/improved?
    The differences are numerous, and you really cannot say that the M&P Gen 1 and Gen 2 compacts share much more than the word compact in their names.

The M&P m2.0 compacts are now just slightly shortened versions of the full-sized M&P. The slide and grip are now shortened to match the dimensions of Glock's G19, which makes the m2.0 a compact, like the G19. The older M&P gen 1 compacts should have actually been known as sub-compacts, which would have made them match up better to Glock's sub-compacts in both dimension and name.

The other differences in the Gen 1 to Gen 2 M&P products have to do with answering customer complaints about M&Ps. The new m2.0s have a much improved factory trigger over the original and the grip is now factory stippled and has an almost velcro feel to it. I had many of the first gen M&Ps, and can tell you that I hated the slippery as soap feel of the grips when my hands were sweaty... Now my M&Ps stay firmly planted in the hand no matter how wet my palms get.

I hope that helps...
    CommonCents likes this.
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    S&W nailed EDC perfection way back.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	642-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	280289
    Yeah, yeah... We all respect those old-timey guns too.

Now go yell at those kids that just stepped on your lawn...
    forester58 and strangerjames like this.

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Yeah, yeah... We all respect those old-timey guns too.

Now go yell at those kids that just stepped on your lawn...
    Nothing chaps my hide more than a bunch of kids tearing up my lush green lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    The differences are numerous, and you really cannot say that the M&P Gen 1 and Gen 2 compacts share much more than the word compact in their names.

The M&P m2.0 compacts are now just slightly shortened versions of the full-sized M&P. ...
    Don't forget about the M&P V2 3.6" compact, which is even smaller. The "original" M&P V2 compact has a 4 inch barrel.
    CommonCents likes this.

I've been carrying a 2.0 Full Size for a few months and love it. I think it is the first M&P that I have owned that I don't want/need to do anything to the trigger.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Beretta M9A3
    M&P9 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CDKJudoka View Post
    I've been carrying a 2.0 Full Size for a few months and love it. I think it is the first M&P that I have owned that I don't want/need to do anything to the trigger.
    Yes, I like hinged triggers just fine, especially on my 2.0 compact. My two FN FNS handguns also have the hinged triggers and I prefer them over the Glock triggers with the thingy in the middle of the trigger. That Glock type is also on my PPQs, VP9s and other polymer striker fired handguns, but they all manage to do it better than Glock even though Glock has had all these years to work on an improvement.

The 2.0 is a fine handgun.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

VIP Member
    Anyone in the central Ohio area who might be interested in this pistol can give one a test drive at Vance's Obetz, Ohio location. The gun is on sale there this month for $400. For ten bucks, they will let you run a magazine of their ammo through one of theirs. If you then buy a new one from them, the ten dollars gets deducted from the purchase price.
    OD*, bakes and PhaedrusIV like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Just dropping by to say once again that I am still crazy in love with the M&P40 2.0 Compact. I don't think that I have ever been more "At One" with a pistol, yet I have owned many, many M&Ps since they were introduced.

A little 14-yard unsupported, standing action.

Why 14-yards instead of 15-yards? The range lighting was better at 14.

...Now carry on with your regularly scheduled forum activities.
    OD*, Mike1956, PhaedrusIV and 4 others like this.

I had no intentions of picking up this gun, but Friday the 3.6" version came home with me. I put 3-4 boxes of ammo through it Saturday...I have NEVER shot a pistol as accurately as I shot this little gun. In 2.5 yrs of shooting and CCW I have only had Glocks (except for my little LCP II). They have all shot without a single problem, but it has been a constant struggle to shoot them as well I wanted to. All perfectly fine for self defense purposes, but it was always nagging me that I could not improve as well as I thought I should be. I picked this thing up and shot the bulls eye out at 7 yards right out of the box. I have never done that with a Glock. Drawing and shooting from concealment and the group didn't spread that much...still more accurate than my Glocks with focused/slow fire.

The M&P has already satisfied my requirements for trusting it for daily carry. My dilema is that I'm tempted to dump my G19. I just got out of my mouth on this forum how much I liked it, and I do...but this M&P, WOW! I won't let go of my G26. I just didn't expect this to happen. I actually had a really great time shooting and left with no frustrations...
    Wavygravy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    I had no intentions of picking up this gun, but Friday the 3.6" version came home with me. I put 3-4 boxes of ammo through it Saturday...I have NEVER shot a pistol as accurately as I shot this little gun. In 2.5 yrs of shooting and CCW I have only had Glocks (except for my little LCP II). They have all shot without a single problem, but it has been a constant struggle to shoot them as well I wanted to. All perfectly fine for self defense purposes, but it was always nagging me that I could not improve as well as I thought I should be. I picked this thing up and shot the bulls eye out at 7 yards right out of the box. I have never done that with a Glock. Drawing and shooting from concealment and the group didn't spread that much...still more accurate than my Glocks with focused/slow fire.

The M&P has already satisfied my requirements for trusting it for daily carry. My dilema is that I'm tempted to dump my G19. I just got out of my mouth on this forum how much I liked it, and I do...but this M&P, WOW! I won't let go of my G26. I just didn't expect this to happen. I actually had a really great time shooting and left with no frustrations...
    My Glock 19 has been a safe queen for the past several years. It's a great gun, but unmodified, I don't shoot it nearly as well as I shoot my current guns.
    ParsonBrown likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links