Gen 1 LCP v LCP II side by side shoot - Page 3

Gen 1 LCP v LCP II side by side shoot

This is a discussion on Gen 1 LCP v LCP II side by side shoot within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That is one reason I am still liking the BG; that heavy revolver like trigger. Another reason is the second strike capability you get with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Gen 1 LCP v LCP II side by side shoot

That is one reason I am still liking the BG; that heavy revolver like trigger.

Another reason is the second strike capability you get with a hammer fired gun.

The Hogue grip sleeve turned out to be a needed item on my BG also. Its so thin it would bite in to my hand after several mags.
    I just stepped outside and shot a mag of carry ammo thru the gun, and got pop can accuracy at 10 or so yards. Really cant get any better combo of power and accuracy in a highly pocketable and reliable gun such as these little LCPs and BGs.

Thanks for the comparison. Think Ill just stick with what I have.
    10thmtn, forester58 and Struckat like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.
    -Jeff Cooper

Looking around doesnt cost you anything; and its a healthy habit
    -Joe Foss

I may try the Hogue grip on my LCP custom before I give up on it. The only complaint I have is if I shoot a box of ammo though it my elbow hurts for several days after.
    forester58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I may try the Hogue grip on my LCP custom before I give up on it. The only complaint I have is if I shoot a box of ammo though it my elbow hurts for several days after.
    I carried the custom for almost two years and even though I finally got it to hurt my shooting hand less with several modifications I finally traded it in last week for a 642 j frame. That gun even with +P ammo is so much easier for me to shoot accurately than the little pocket auto especially one handed and much easier and faster to draw from a pocket because of the round grip vs the flat grip. I ran 35 FMJ and 15 +P the day after I bought it along with 50 rounds from my steel snub with no ill effect. I could not make it through two mags with the LCP without finger pain.
    We are all different and I am glad we have so many options I just wish we could find our "right stuff" without spending so much time and money on trials.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have owned several air weights and always come back to my model 60..
    forester58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    That is one reason I am still liking the BG; that heavy revolver like trigger.

Another reason is the second strike capability you get with a hammer fired gun.

The Hogue grip sleeve turned out to be a needed item on my BG also. Its so thin it would bite in to my hand after several mags.
    I just stepped outside and shot a mag of carry ammo thru the gun, and got pop can accuracy at 10 or so yards. Really cant get any better combo of power and accuracy in a highly pocketable and reliable gun such as these little LCPs and BGs.

Thanks for the comparison. Think Ill just stick with what I have.
    Cans at ten, news at eleven. Heck, I'd settle for cans at 5 news at 6.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Distinguished Member
    LCP with Hogue in a DeSantis Nemesis for me. I have a 442 as well and find that I can shoot the 442 better but the LCP carries easier, conceals better, and draws more smoothly when I'm in dress clothes and CAN NOT print. The LPC II was nice to try and I like the lock back feature but I find the LCP is perfectly adequate for its task.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

The original LCP is [hands down] my all-time favorite EDC.

Bought two LCP II's last year, but ended up selling them both. The original LCP just did everything better.

Attachment 257057

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links