Any Upgrades for RM380?

Any Upgrades for RM380?

This is a discussion on Any Upgrades for RM380? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious if anyone knows of any extended mags or mag extensions for the RM380? I love this little gun but I wish I could ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any Upgrades for RM380?

  1. #1
    Member Array GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    480

    Any Upgrades for RM380?

    Just curious if anyone knows of any extended mags or mag extensions for the RM380? I love this little gun but I wish I could carry a couple more rounds.
    Does anyone know of any? I figured by now there would be some after market stuff out there but I haven't seen any yet. I figured there would be aftermarket grips and stuff too but I haven't seen that either. I would really like the mag extensions though.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member Array montejames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    166
    Ordered 2 +1 Magazine Extensions from gallowayprecision.com. 12.50 each, free shipping. Just came in today. I'll try them out some time in the next few days.

    They have a few other 'upgrades' listed.

    The one that catches my eye is the 'Hammer Spring Seat'. Don't know it it's needed? Might still talk my self into it but not till I have a spare parts kit (springs+) on hand.

    The the 'Tyre trigger from Galloway' has had bad reviews at remingtonowners.com. Also complaints about Galloway's service on it.

    vzgrips.com has grips listed online.

    Viridian makes a laser for it.

    You can find a 'Reduced Power Spring Kit' online.

    Got mine N.I.B. for a song or I wouldn't have a 380 or a new Remington product, especial not a handgun after the R51. Having ran a few hundred rounds so far without a hiccup I've been pleasantly surprised. Now I need a new set of dies, pocket holster, mag pouches and support system. I hate when that happens.
    .
    .
    Monte

    "I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

  3. #3
    Member Array GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    480
    Haha.. Nice.
    Thanks for all the info! Last I looked I couldn't find anything.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Array montejames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    166
    Tried the 'Magazine Extensions' today. Wrong locking tabs in the package.

    No phone number found for Galloway Precision so I sent an email. (Don't like that.)

    Looks like a 3d printer was used to make the plastic parts. Tight tolerances.

    Worked fine for 50 rounds but without the base locking in place not something I'll use. If They send me the correct parts it'll be workable.

    Waiting starts now.
    .
    .
    Monte

    "I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

  6. #5
    Member Array GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    480
    Ugh. Bummer. Thanks for the update. I was thinking about ordering one but maybe I'll wait to hear another update from you.
    Please update us when you have more information.
    Thanks

  7. #6
    Member Array Glocking26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills Pa
    Posts
    220
    I just bought an RM380 a couple days ago. Took it to the range yesterday and couldnít be happier with it. I also ordered the mag extension yesterday. I wish I would have read this thread before I ordered it. Iíve had quite a few small 380s over the years and they will feel like plastic toys to me. This one feels like a real gun. Sure itís a little bit heavier but it feels like the solid firearm.
    Instymp likes this.

  8. #7
    Member Array Glocking26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills Pa
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by montejames View Post
    Tried the 'Magazine Extensions' today. Wrong locking tabs in the package.

    No phone number found for Galloway Precision so I sent an email. (Don't like that.)

    Looks like a 3d printer was used to make the plastic parts. Tight tolerances.

    Worked fine for 50 rounds but without the base locking in place not something I'll use. If They send me the correct parts it'll be workable.

    Waiting starts now.

    I believe this is their phone number (828) 335-8096

  9. #8
    Member Array montejames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    166
    Tried that number 6 times. My call rejected 4 times, the other 2 a cell phone voice mail box.

    Email so far:

    The links you sent are not helpfull. Can you supply links to instructions?

    FYI see: https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ml#post7055058

    On Fri, March 23, 2018 12:05 pm, Brandyn wrote:
    > Haven't had the chance to do another video yet. The two posts go into
    > the mag spring itself.
    >
    > ---
    > Brandyn Langston
    > Lead Gunsmith
    >
    >
    > www.gallowayprecision.com.
    >
    > http://instagram.com/gallowayprecision
    >
    >
    > http://facebook.com/gallowayprecision
    >
    >
    > On 2018-03-23 12:48, Monte James wrote:
    >
    >> How about some instructions and/or a video for help?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On Fri, March 23, 2018 9:13 am, Brandyn wrote:
    >>
    >>> You received the correct locking tab, we changed the design.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ---
    >>> Brandyn Langston
    >>> Lead Gunsmith
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> www.gallowayprecision.com.
    >>>
    >>> http://instagram.com/gallowayprecision
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> http://facebook.com/gallowayprecision
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> On 2018-03-22 14:54, Monte James wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> I ordered 2 '+1 Magazine Extension for RM380' and received the
    >>>> wrong 'Locking Tab' with each.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> The tabs I received have 2 bumps, one on each end. They do not
    >>>> look like the ones pictured at:
    >>>> gallowayprecision.com/remington/rm380/plus-1-mag-extension-for-remi
    >>>> ngto n-rm380-pistols/
    >>>>
    >>>> monte james po box 225 sallis ms 39160
    >>>>
    >>>> 918 688 9655
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >


    --


    Monte James
    .
    .
    Monte

    "I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

  10. #9
    Member Array GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    480
    Thanks for the update!

  11. #10
    Member Array montejames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    166
    I'm hoping they will also post the answer here and provide the information for all prospective customers.

    If I can get it to work I'll need 2 more for me and 4 for my brother..
    .
    .
    Monte

    "I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

  12. #11
    Member Array Glocking26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills Pa
    Posts
    220
    I received my mag extension today. What a pain in the ass putting it in the mag. I had to sand a little black spacer down to fit in the backside of the mag filler. I finally got it all together and noticed like the other poster said there is no locking tab to hold the base of the magazine in place. I will not use it that way for the fear of the baseplate coming free in the spring popping out and all the rounds. All he would have to do is make another base plate with the locking tab. Oh well looks like I wasted $12.95 The way he shows in his video of banging the baseplate around at staying on is not true it moves very easily.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    12,684
    Upgrades immediately available for the Remington RM380? There sure are!

    The GLOCK 42, Ruger LCP II, etc., etc.
    ca survivor likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  14. #13
    Member Array montejames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    I finally got it all together and noticed like the other poster said there is no locking tab to hold the base of the magazine in place. I will not use it that way for the fear of the baseplate coming free in the spring popping out and all the rounds. All he would have to do is make another base plate with the locking tab. Oh well looks like I wasted $12.95 The way he shows in his video of banging the baseplate around at staying on is not true it moves very easily.
    Same here. 'Loose as a goose.' Not going to use them. Needs a real locking tab. Too bad the original one won't work. I wasted $26.90 on 2.

    I really wanted these to work.
    Glocking26 likes this.
    .
    .
    Monte

    "I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

  15. #14
    Member Array GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Upgrades immediately available for the Remington RM380? There sure are!

    The GLOCK 42, Ruger LCP II, etc., etc. <img src="https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/images/smilies/vol_1/biggrin2.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Biggrin2" class="inlineimg" />
    Hey. The RM380 is a great little gun and has very good reviews. I'd rather carry it than the others. Mine has been flawless thus far. Pretty accurate for a little gun too. At least for me.

  16. #15
    Member Array GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by montejames View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    I finally got it all together and noticed like the other poster said there is no locking tab to hold the base of the magazine in place. I will not use it that way for the fear of the baseplate coming free in the spring popping out and all the rounds. All he would have to do is make another base plate with the locking tab. Oh well looks like I wasted $12.95 The way he shows in his video of banging the baseplate around at staying on is not true it moves very easily.
    Same here. 'Loose as a goose.' Not going to use them. Needs a real locking tab. Too bad the original one won't work. I wasted $26.90 on 2.

    I really wanted these to work.
    Darn. I wanted these to work too! That's what I've been wanting. Not sure if I want to spend the money though. Anyone have any good reviews on these?
    Glocking26 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

aftermarket grips for rm380
,

fix rm 380 trigger

,

rm380 galloway review

,
rm380 tyre trigger
,
rm380 upgrades
,
tyre rm380 kit
Click on a term to search for related topics.