Does anyone make a small 380 that actually works?! - Page 2

Does anyone make a small 380 that actually works?!

This is a discussion on Does anyone make a small 380 that actually works?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LimaCharlie I had a Sig P238 .380 that was flawless for many hundreds of rounds and about three years of pocket carry ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Does anyone make a small 380 that actually works?!

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I had a Sig P238 .380 that was flawless for many hundreds of rounds and about three years of pocket carry until I traded it for a Sig P938 9mm.
    I was thinking about the sig but I want a 1911 type 380.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have fired, and heard really good things about, the S&W Bodyguard .380. It has a DAO trigger, but it is pretty smooth.
    Now that you reminded me I did have the S+W bodyguard and I was have light primer strikes.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Another option that has gotten good reviews is the Baby Rock. I want one.

Here's one next to a P238:

Does anyone make a small 380 that actually works?!-img_5487-2b-25282-2529.jpg
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys for all your input. I was going for something very light weight. When the LCP did work it was dead on. Iíll report back when I get it back from Ruger. I was using Fiocchi 115gr FMJ ammo. Itís very hot ammo I use the 9mm in my full auto UZI.

I have an old Kel-Tec P3AT that has been reliable for several hundred rounds, same for early Ruger LCP I bought at a premium after release.
    I had a Colt Mustang Pocketlite that always worked fine for me, but choked quick when a friend shot it.
    Those 380's don't get carried or shot much anymore since I moved up to a Kahr PM9 / Glock 43 for 2nd option pocket carry.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Sorry to hear that. My LCP has been flawless to date with a variety of Ammo.
    Retired United States Air Force 1983-2004

It's not an ultra-compact but rather a compact but have you considered the M&P .380 Shield EZ? The empty weight is 18 oz.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Sorry you are having bad luck with .380's. Had a Kel Tec P3AT worked great. Sold it so I could get the Ruger LCP. works great. Never a problem. Hope you find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have fired, and heard really good things about, the S&W Bodyguard .380. It has a DAO trigger, but it is pretty smooth.
    I have a BG380 and it has a few thousand rounds through it. The only hiccup it's had was due to the screw mount for the original Insight laser backing out. S&W replaced the laser with a Crimson Trace and that one problem hasn't repeated itself (about 1k rounds since the replacement). I fully trust my BG380 to work when I need it to, it's proven reliable with all ammo I've fed it, and it's pretty accurate.

The trigger isn't great, but I'm hesitant to mess with it because otherwise the gun has been perfectly reliable (other than the one stoppage due to the Insight laser screw that has been upgraded).

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

My LCP2 has been good. But it does not like weak hand loads. I find the hotter the the better.

Right now it is full of smokin 90gr XTPs.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy49 View Post
    I have a very old Colt Mustang Pocketlite that has been totally reliable (and very accurate).
    Mine's only a couple years old and it is reliable and accurate but I carry a j frame instead. I trust the j frame more and I'm old and I like revolvers better.

My S&W Bodyguard 380 used to suffer with light strikes; even after a trip back to Smith. A gunsmith who showed me his BG. Which he carries always explained what he did to cure his BG light strikes: he simply added s heavier hammer spring . $25 fix and no more light strikes. I really do like the gun and I'm glad I didn't give up on it!
    Old Man likes this.

I'm over a thousand rounds through my LCP II without an issue, FWIW.
    Struckat likes this.
    NRA Life Member

My LCP gen 2 has been 100% reliable for me. It is my go-to pocket carry, it is NOT a fun to shoot range toy though! BTW, the Hogue pin on grip does help quite a bit!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

EZ choice

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    I had a Remington RM380 the mag release keep falling out. A Ruger LCP first generation couldnít get through a mag with out a FTF FTE. So I went ahead and bought a Glock 42 great gun but it defeated the purpose because of it's size. After reading all the reviews mostly positive Wednesday a took a chance and bought the newer Ruger LCP 2 thinking is been out for a while and all the bugs should be worked out right....wrong took it to the range the next day back in the box back to Ruger same issues as the old gene 1. Iím starting to think the 380 hates me Now Iím thinks I should just stick to carrying my Ruger LCR 38spl. And be done with it. Oh yeah I almost forgot before I took it to the range I polished the feed ramp the rails and anything else that made metal to metal contact.
    I just don't think you're ever going to beat a Sig P238. It is a little small, but it's basically flawless, in my view, and the wife won't leave home without it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links