Sig Sauer P365 review. Range report, pics, and impressions. - Page 5

Sig Sauer P365 review. Range report, pics, and impressions.

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P365 review. Range report, pics, and impressions. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Maybe itís the photography, but Iím not seeing the P365 being significantly smaller than the old P11 design. And the P11 is much lighter. Then ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer P365 review. Range report, pics, and impressions.

Maybe itís the photography, but Iím not seeing the P365 being significantly smaller than the old P11 design. And the P11 is much lighter.

Then again, I have a G43 that I inherited from my wife (too snappy for her), and I donít find it significantly smaller than my G26. Yeah, itís thinner, but not enough to matter to me, since I carry OWB. I actually carry my G30 (with the flush 9 rd mag), which is somewhat larger still, and donít find it much different.

Yíall enjoy your ďrevolutionaryĒ pistolas...
    Denverjay and zonker1986 like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

The Sig 365 is a neat little gun, I fired a rental last week...but I think it's waay too early to refer to it as a 'game changer'.

...why's that.?

Buying one is akin to buying a box of chocolates.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...111292/?page=1

Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker....
    All I know is how it feels when carrying it. To have the same capacity as my G26 WITH the Glock +2 extension, all while being the same thickness and weight as my 9mm Shield. That's the definition of Game Changer. Because despite the attempts to say it's been done before, it HASN'T.

Some issues are being worked out, same as any brand new gun. Mine's been perfect to this point.

You may not want to buy one for whatever reason. Right on! Be my quest and buy something else. There were only a few of them available across the country when I bought mine, so thanks for not buying one so I could. 'Merica!
    "We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs." - Martin Riggs

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

A double stack 9mm in a handgun this small with a great trigger, short reset with steel night sights has never been done before. Nothing is even close to a gun this small with these characteristics. Just hold one in your hand and compare it to anything that has similar firepower. Even compare it with its 12+1 mag and you will see what all the fuss is about. The initial issues are greatly over exaggerated compared to the thousands and thousands that are out there running fine. I already have several LE departments ordering it for Detective and undercover applications.

A Glock 19/23/32 which isnt a large frame handgun looks huge by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Maybe itís the photography, but Iím not seeing the P365 being significantly smaller than the old P11 design. And the P11 is much lighter.

Then again, I have a G43 that I inherited from my wife (too snappy for her), and I donít find it significantly smaller than my G26. Yeah, itís thinner, but not enough to matter to me, since I carry OWB. I actually carry my G30 (with the flush 9 rd mag), which is somewhat larger still, and donít find it much different.

Yíall enjoy your ďrevolutionaryĒ pistolas...
    I am by no means a SIG fan boy. Actually the 365 was my first SIG....EVER. I didn't want the gun, but the manager of the gun store I was visiting insisted I at least hold it. Well, as the old saying goes.....
    "It hurts so good, take it away closer." All I could do was pull out my drivers license and Concealed Weapons License and ask for the ATF form. Manager just chuckled. He got me.
    It IS a revolutionary design in that SIG designed the magazine first, and then built the gun around the magazine. You just can't believe that 10 rounds of 9mm fit in that tiny little mag.
    I own two Keltec P11's and three Keltec PF9's that I still carry in an ankle holster when wearing pants. Have yet to find better suited guns for duty so close to the floor.

If you always carry OWB, the P365 is not going to do much for you. I pocket carry every day in my right front pants pocket. Kahr CM9 has had that duty since 2011. Also vest carry in my Columbia wind breaker pocket. G43 has had that duty for a couple of years. P365 will fit nicely into either of those rotations as of a week ago.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by Denverjay View Post
    All I know is how it feels when carrying it. To have the same capacity as my G26 WITH the Glock +2 extension, all while being the same thickness and weight as my 9mm Shield. That's the definition of Game Changer. Because despite the attempts to say it's been done before, it HASN'T.

Some issues are being worked out, same as any brand new gun. Mine's been perfect to this point.

You may not want to buy one for whatever reason. Right on! Be my quest and buy something else. There were only a few of them available across the country when I bought mine, so thanks for not buying one so I could. 'Merica!
    this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Nothing like a new firearm to bring out the sour grape pickers.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Nothing like a new firearm to bring out the sour grape pickers.
    ...says King Sourpuss!

No Christmas card for you!

PS - Jeff Dunham wants his dummy back
    Struckat and Denverjay like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

...says King Sourpuss!

No Christmas card for you!

PS - Jeff Dunham wants his dummy back
    Tell him this dummy has its own back . . . Hey, wait. That didn't come out right.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

10thmtn, you have poo pooed tiny guns with good triggers before.

Me, I want a gun this size in DA/SA
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Primer drag/swiping is an issue with striker fired pistols and its underscored with such small designs as the P365. Sig says its normal but it clearly still has some things to work out before its truly ready for prime time in my opinion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjFyhVVg...y=militaryarms

Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker....
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Primer drag/swiping is an issue with striker fired pistols and its underscored with such small designs as the P365. Sig says its normal but it clearly still has some things to work out before its truly ready for prime time in my opinion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjFyhVVg...y=militaryarms
    I did a bit of research on this the other day. Sig says it's normal. From what I was able to gather from a little reading, my findings are consistent with yours, in that it's more prevalent in sub-compact designs, which the p365 would definitely be, but is definitely not an issue only with small Sigs. I'm not willing to hold Sig solely responsible for a known, documented characteristic of small striker fired guns throughout the entire industry. If this issue causes a striker to fail in one of Sig's guns, I'm sure they'll be happy to fix it.

I didn't buy my P365 with the intention of firing thousands or tens of thousands of rounds through it. I didn't buy any of my carry guns for that purpose. I fire enough rounds through each of them, to prove to myself they're reliable enough to carry. Usually, 300 to 500 rounds total. Then I fire enough to remain familiar and proficient with each one in my carry lineup plus any extra rounds I feel like burning.

If something goes wrong with the striker in my P365, I'll send it back to Sig, they'll fix it and send it back to me. Same as any other gun I carry. Because any one of them could have a part break at any time, not just the P365.
    MMinSC, mystro and bigpapa like this.
    "We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs." - Martin Riggs

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    10thmtn, you have poo pooed tiny guns with good triggers before.

Me, I want a gun this size in DA/SA
    Me? My most-carried guns are a pair of tiny LCPs...but I guess most would say they have bad triggers. I dunno. I pull them, they go bang, and the boolits go where I want them, so...

If anything, I poo poo the "full size fighting pistol" (sic) crowd, since "fighting" and "pistol" don't go together...unless you've got no choice...or are an idiot.

That crowd is closely followed on my poo list by the "big bore bores" (mine is bigger than yours). And lastly, the "comforting not comfortable" contingent (closely related to the other two), who, shockingly, never wear body armor because...well, it's not comfortable.
    @OldVet is rubbing off on me...feeling extra curmudgeon-y lately...

Me? My most-carried guns are a pair of tiny LCPs...but I guess most would say they have bad triggers. I dunno. I pull them, they go bang, and the boolits go where I want them, so...

If anything, I poo poo the "full size fighting pistol" (sic) crowd, since "fighting" and "pistol" don't go together...unless you've got no choice...or are an idiot.

That crowd is closely followed on my poo list by the "big bore bores" (mine is bigger than yours). And lastly, the "comforting not comfortable" contingent (closely related to the other two), who, shockingly, never wear body armor because...well, it's not comfortable.
    @OldVet is rubbing off on me...feeling extra curmudgeon-y lately...
    Take two doses and call me in the morning.
    10thmtn and Chaplain Scott like this.

You guys are funny. Itís good to voice opinions and perspectives. It keeps the forum upbeat and light. Too many gun forums get nasty, personal and offensive.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links