New to the market: Lionheart Regulus

This is a discussion on New to the market: Lionheart Regulus within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive had a relationship with this company for about 2 years now. I've tested their LH9 extensively and now I have been provided with a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: New to the market: Lionheart Regulus

Ive had a relationship with this company for about 2 years now. I've tested their LH9 extensively and now I have been provided with a T&E on their new Regulus. This video will explain a few things that may not be well known about the development of this pistol and the company.
    https://youtu.be/AbvlWquOD_g
    Pete63 and Denverjay like this.

VIP Member
    I saw a video on them on TFB. The "double action plus" trigger system intrigued me. Liked the overall look and other features also. Keep us posted.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker....
    Love the channel and the reviews. But with the Regulus, did you say $1500?!?! Did I hear that right? Cause if they're that high, I just couldn't justify one of those over say a Dan Wesson of some flavor. Sorry, I'm sure the Regulus is a nice piece, but that's a lot of jingle with a lot of tough competition in that range.
    Hoganbeg, Trigus and Merovius like this.
    "We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs." - Martin Riggs

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking pistola!
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

so, what I have gathered so far this pistol was first introduced into the US from 1990-1999 (DP-51 model number if remember correctly) and in 2011 it was re-introduced into the US market with the double action plus trigger, cerakote, 1913 style rail, optional novak night sights, and forward and rear slide serrations by S&T Motiv (Daewoo) and Lionheart. This is similar to the South Korean K-5 Military Pistol and LH9 was offered in the US at a entry level price $645 up to their top of line at $749 (cerakote, 1913 style rail, and night sights).

The Regulus, is this the updated version of the LH9 series at an extreme price? The LH9 was the South Korean Military Issued K5 with bells and whistles add for the US Market, and more reasonably priced than the Regulus at $1500. Now, the K5 (put into service 1989), KP-51, and LH9 were made by Daewoo (S&T Motiv) and now Lionhart has decided to make their own version of the LH9 with upgrades and the sticker made in the US at double the price, right?

I do not see the justification in double the price for some minor upgrades and the stamp (Made in the US) over the top of the line LH9 (made by Daewoo) with all the bells and whistles at $749, sorry.
    Haywood, Bad Bob and Merovius like this.

Not a lick of interest in this brand .
    Melvin, matthew03 and Trigus like this.

not for nothing... but isn't this a fancy Daewoo?
    Melvin, Trigus and OD* like this.

Not at $1,500! What about aftermarket accessories? I would bet that there will not be any?
    Trigus likes this.
    U.S. Army Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    I won't disparage the performance of the pistol, but $1500? I think the price point is very high. There are more proven pistols for less than this one (also, I'll bet there are NO aftermarket accessories for this).
    Trigus, OD* and bmcgilvray like this.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigus View Post
    so, what I have gathered so far this pistol was first introduced into the US from 1990-1999 (DP-51 model number if remember correctly) and in 2011 it was re-introduced into the US market with the double action plus trigger, cerakote, 1913 style rail, optional novak night sights, and forward and rear slide serrations by S&T Motiv (Daewoo) and Lionheart. This is similar to the South Korean K-5 Military Pistol and LH9 was offered in the US at a entry level price $645 up to their top of line at $749 (cerakote, 1913 style rail, and night sights).

The Regulus, is this the updated version of the LH9 series at an extreme price? The LH9 was the South Korean Military Issued K5 with bells and whistles add for the US Market, and more reasonably priced than the Regulus at $1500. Now, the K5 (put into service 1989), KP-51, and LH9 were made by Daewoo (S&T Motiv) and now Lionhart has decided to make their own version of the LH9 with upgrades and the sticker made in the US at double the price, right?

I do not see the justification in double the price for some minor upgrades and the stamp (Made in the US) over the top of the line LH9 (made by Daewoo) with all the bells and whistles at $749, sorry.
    This isn't just a copy. I go over it in detail. The way it is manufactured and the options are not easy to come by. It isn't designed to be a budget gun any more than a wilson combat or Zev pistol is.
    Pete63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    I won't disparage the performance of the pistol, but $1500? I think the price point is very high. There are more proven pistols for less than this one (also, I'll bet there are NO aftermarket accessories for this).
    The $1500 is high but for a reason. This is a pistol that is completely customizable and used the highest quality parts it can. The barrel for instance is a forged Chromoly Tru-Axis cut barrel which is the most advanced and precise way to make a barrel. The barrel has a titanium nitride coating which is probably the strongest finish you will find out there. Everything is built as tough as it can be and they are using a proven pistol. 30 years in service is proven. Glocks see maybe 5 years before being traded. This pistol has lots going for it but it isn't going to be a budget pistol anymore than a Ferrari isn't gonna be a Honda Civic.
    Pete63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    I saw a video on them on TFB. The "double action plus" trigger system intrigued me. Liked the overall look and other features also. Keep us posted.
    Here is a demo on how it works.
    https://youtu.be/wF2x32xdF9g
    Pete63 and Fallsrider like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    Here is a demo on how it works.
    https://youtu.be/wF2x32xdF9g
    Thanks!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

This isn't just a copy. I go over it in detail. The way it is manufactured and the options are not easy to come by. It isn't designed to be a budget gun any more than a wilson combat or Zev pistol is.
    It is more like trying to re-invent the wheel with some bells and whistles added at an extreme increase in price. I would love to see the figure on how many Zev II Glocks are sold per year, because the last Zev II Glock I saw at the LGS was around $2100.00 a year ago, and now they are down to $1500 (I would not buy a Zev II Glock either). I will tell you what I did buy: Two - HK VP9s LE and Tactical

Also, a budget gun - seriously ***, because there are a crap load of great handguns in the $500-$1100 dollar range. Honestly, I would take a K5 that has been a service pistol for military and police in South Korea for almost 30 years over a Regulus, because it is proven in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigus View Post
    It is more like trying to re-invent the wheel with some bells and whistles added at an extreme increase in price. I would love to see the figure on how many Zev II Glocks are sold per year, because the last Zev II Glock I saw at the LGS was around $2100.00 a year ago, and now they are down to $1500 (I would not buy a Zev II Glock either). I will tell you what I did buy: Two - HK VP9s LE and Tactical

Also, a budget gun - seriously ***, because there are a crap load of great handguns in the $500-$1100 dollar range. Honestly, I would take a K5 that has been a service pistol for military and police in South Korea for almost 30 years over a Regulus, because it is proven in the field.
    This pistol carries on all the things that made the pistol reliable and durable. This isn't reinventing a wheel. But if you bought a VP9, then you aren't going with the preference of getting a proven pistol. It can't pass a torture test and isn't made for police service. I am kinda confused
    Pete63 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links