Yardage Question for Subcompact 9mm -- - Page 6

Yardage Question for Subcompact 9mm --

This is a discussion on Yardage Question for Subcompact 9mm -- within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I thought you folded back at post #65. Are we going to have to disagree some more? I wasn't raised to ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Yardage Question for Subcompact 9mm --

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I thought you folded back at post #65. Are we going to have to disagree some more?
    I wasn't raised to never to ever fold...Not in my DNA
    But i can walk away when its clear someone will never agree with any part of what you say.

Great plan, unless you are in the middle of an open field and are the person being shot at.
    I here that...I often wonder daily as i am walking through a bean field...What would i do if someone opened fire on me
    if i would first be able to locate them and then...can i pick them off with my 3 in barreled 9mm..LOL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I here that...I often wonder daily as i am walking through a bean field...What would i do if someone opened fire on me
    if i would first be able to locate them and then...can i pick them off with my 3 in barreled 9mm..LOL
    Here's what you do--first, get as flat on the ground as you can. Next, be glad that you took our chiding to heart and became proficient at making those longer shots with your carry gun. As you are being glad, go ahead and take care of bidness.
    Risasi, LimaCharlie and OD* like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Great plan, unless you are in the middle of an open field and are the person being shot at.
    So the mall is in the middle of a field? If I'm in the middle of a field, I would have a long gun then, and an armored vehicle. There, I'm safe again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astom22 View Post
    So the mall is in the middle of a field? If I'm in the middle of a field, I would have a long gun then and an armored vehicle. There, I'm safe again.

OK, unless you are in the middle of a mall and the one being shot at...
    LimaCharlie, Astom22 and OD* like this.

That's funny. I've been shot at from over 300 yards away over a corn field...in Nebraska. (Stupid hunters) Fortunately they couldn't shoot any better than they could ID deer...nowadays in the Midwest you have to consider meth cookers and copper thieves. It's not as unprecedented as you think.

Anyway, I think everyone should at least have fired their main carry weapon out to 100 yards and be proficient enough with it to hit minute of milk jug. Back on the farm the par with a .22, or medium frame medium bore revolver was 7 or 8 out of ten. And 50% was considered decent enough with a 9mm or 45.

So we are done here and all good?...Great i didn't want to have take pictures and call any ones bluff anyway.
    I would have to drag them all out..Lay them out...And for what?...Their would still be a reason why i wrong and your right.
    even though we both made valid points and are the same side of the gun debate.
    Never mistake anything I state as a bluff. I speak from experience and knowledge of the deadly force criteria, from decades of working the streets in a professional capacity and hundreds of criminal cases within the criminal justice system.
    Pete63 and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    So we are done here and all good?...Great i didn't want to have take pictures and call any ones bluff anyway.
    I would have to drag them all out..Lay them out...And for what?...Their would still be a reason why i wrong and your right.
    even though we both made valid points and are the same side of the gun debate.
    We're done when you've had enough, or when the mods have, whichever comes first.
    AzQkr and Pete63 like this.

Maybe I'm in my APC in the middle of the mall, but then I might be the one all the good guys are shooting at from 100 yards away. :)

Seriously, I practice long range some, but spend the majority of my practice at the distances the percentages say happen most.

Our biggest tool is our brain and the awareness it can provide, these spirited discussions help keep us on our toes.
    OK, unless you are in the middle of a mall and the one being shot at...
    Using Tapatalk

Here's what you do--first, get as flat on the ground as you can. Next, be glad that you took our chiding to heart and became proficient at making those longer shots with your carry gun. As you are being glad, go ahead and take care of bidness.
    Yeah..Because no way he will ever pick me off laying flat on the ground as a non moving target from his probable elevated position.
    But i have been educated...You got me thinking...If i lay flat on the ground and i determine the shooter is behind me i should have retractable
    mirror in a spare pocket next to my 3 spare mags in case i have to make a over the shoulder shot using the mirror...Maybe a red dot optic
    dialed in 75 yds just in case..Oh and a laser..A green one for better daylight visibility.. They are all the rage on handguns today...So they tell me.

On second thought...Nah...I will just keep on doing what i have been doing and not be gripped by fear and paranoia.
    Some like it..Some don't...But i like it.

We're done when you've had enough, or when the mods have, whichever comes first.
    So now your folding?...I am disappointed.
    AzQkr likes this.

Yeah..Because no way he will ever pick me off laying flat on the ground as a non moving target from his probable elevated position.
    But i have been educated...You got me thinking...If i lay flat on the ground and i determine the shooter is behind me i should have retractable
    mirror in a spare pocket next to my 3 spare mags in case i have to make a over the shoulder shot using the mirror...Maybe a red dot optic
    dialed in 75 yds just in case..Oh and a laser..A green one for better daylight visibility.. They are all the rage on handguns today...So they tell me.

On second thought...Nah...I will just keep on doing what i have been doing and not be gripped by fear and paranoia.
    Some like it..Some don't...But i like it.
    LMAO, Okay Neo.

My fear and paranoia comes from NOT being able to make the shot necessary at extended beyond norm ranges, hence the practice on the longer shots and understanding all of my pistols trajectories and capabilities. They'll do if I can do. And I practice so I can do. There's no reason in the world to be deficient, the mind is the limiting factor in ones capabilities.
    Cornhusker95, Mike1956 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    That's funny. I've been shot at from over 300 yards away over a corn field...in Nebraska. (Stupid hunters) Fortunately they couldn't shoot any better than they could ID deer...nowadays in the Midwest you have to consider meth cookers and copper thieves. It's not as unprecedented as you think.

Anyway, I think everyone should at least have fired their main carry weapon out to 100 yards and be proficient enough with it to hit minute of milk jug. Back on the farm the par with a .22, or medium frame medium bore revolver was 7 or 8 out of ten. And 50% was considered decent enough with a 9mm or 45.
    Stay off that public hunting access...Hunt your own farm and patrol it ...Damn tweekers anyway...Usually you can smell them before
    you see them.

Great debate and great thread...I love this kinda stuff
    AzQkr and Mike1956 like this.

Yardage Question for Subcompact 9mm --

The flow of debate here is amusing.

PPS1980 said "I find it difficult to envision a legitimate need that is legally defensible to shoot someone with a pistol at 30+ yards" so I provided an actual example of a shooting beyond 30 yards that happened last year.

This sparked a debate with some people trying to refute that example. It actually happened, it wasn't theoretical, but I guess it's outside preconceived notions so it's more comfortable to rationalize it away.

How each of us spend our range time is a personal decision. If some people don't want to shoot beyond 30 yards with a handgun I don't care, that's their choice, and I do understand it.

But there are people who come online here seeking info and it's worth pointing out that some self defense shootings have occured at distance, even if it doesn't happen often. Trying to establish absolutes and saying it will never happen misrepresents reality.
    Last edited by graydude; August 10th, 2018 at 06:39 AM.
    Risasi, Astom22 and Pete63 like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links